NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Not sure if it’s been said yet. Bond is wearing the braces and white undershirt tv spot during the explosion. Meaning that a certain character is present during the finale. If Safin’s base is indeed the finale.

Isn’t he wearing a dress shirt in that shot? We know he wears braces under his tuxedo dress shirt in Cuba.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,185
    And there is this other shot of him underwater in the superbowl spot, also in the dress shirt.

I think this scene is in Cuba.
  • 00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Not sure if it’s been said yet. Bond is wearing the braces and white undershirt tv spot during the explosion. Meaning that a certain character is present during the finale. If Safin’s base is indeed the finale.

Remember the Super Bowl spot? He's also wearing braces with the dinner jacket shirt.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

He blows up 6 or 7 soldiers in that explosion alone.
    He really goes to town in that final battle :))
    I wonder what the bodycount will be.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    km16 wrote: »
    Man, if they really kill off Felix, I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna react. Really dislike it to be honest. If they are going to do anything with him, they need to stick with Fleming and maim him, in my opinion.

I agree with this.
    Not that they can't reboot the character again with the next actor, but I think it would be better to stick with Fleming in this case. Ditch the sharks, sure, but let's keep the poor fellow alive.
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Man, if that was the only trailer I had seen, I'd have zero qualms about this film; Absolutely stunning. But I hope I'm not spoiling my appetite too much before the meal.

Yeah, I am not sure if I should even bother watching the final trailer. I've seen more than enough... but as Mary Goodnight would say, "I'm weak" so I probably will.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Man, if that was the only trailer I had seen, I'd have zero qualms about this film; Absolutely stunning. But I hope I'm not spoiling my appetite too much before the meal.

Compare to SP and what usually film's show these days during promotion they won't reveal much.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Huge battle in a villains lair with henchmen. Looks like we’re getting a Bond film folks.

Glad to see you getting a little more excited @Birdleson :) I also think this is the best footage we’ve gotten yet.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Are you bringing up this shot in all of the NTTD threads?? It's a reversed shot, specifically for this trailer that I assume an editor decided it flowed better.

@ShakenNotStirred you have a problem with me posting?

Univex wrote: »

That's the sky, and it's the same shot, reversed horizontally, nothing more than that. The DBS Superleggera wasn't in the Atlantic Ocean road scenes. Only the V8.

@Univex why wouldn't they just keep the same shot Its just wierd they aren't shooting this movie with a mirror.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    @007Blofeld i think they often reverse the image. I don't know why but I don't think there is much more to it
    silva13 wrote: »
    @007Blofeld i think they often reverse the image. I don't know why but I don't think there is much more to it

@silva13 maybe it's a thing they accidentally released that they cut I believe the shot we see from the other side is the super bowl one.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 4,400
    All hail, Ana De Armas

In respect to that spoiler...
    It looks to me that Felix has taken a bullet to the gut and is bleeding out...I think he's gonna die. I suspected since his announcement that Leiter was going be a goner. It isn't confirmed but this is the closest to a 'leak' as w have had for NTTD......

I think the Craig era is self-enclosed, so Felix dying won't impact the franchise (much in the same way as how he returned with two legs). Still, sad though.

Also, I'm confused by this shot of Nomi in M's office.....she looks cut and paste in this scene. She's wearing the same outfit in the prison scene. Looks like she has been cut out from those scenes for some reason in this trailer............but why?!?!?!

Maybe her outfit is a spoiler? Perhaps a tux or suit? We know she wears Tom Ford at some point.

They do this all the time for cohesion with the rest of the shots in the scene.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

Just to be clear: Lashana is driving A M DBS Superleggera in that pic, and it will not appear in the footage from Norway. Wasn't even present, car or her.

But she will drive it in Scotland and/or UK and maybe even the Valhalla, since they filmed that car on a scotish road (though you can't see who's driving it). Going by her character's style it seems that Nomi likes the latest trends in clothing, cool sunglasses, supercars, and we also know that she'll have a luxurious handbag brand if I'm not mistaken (from the article in mashable)
    @NickTwentyTwo ah thankyou for clearing that up. I know it was common but did not realise the answer was so simple 🤣
    @NickTwentyTwo ah thankyou for clearing that up. I know it was common but did not realise the answer was so simple 🤣

No worries; I think there are some examples in film where you can even catch mirrored text, or a driver on the wrong side of the car :P This 'flow' that's created through mirroring shots is obviously very important to film makers.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Is it possible that they've intentionally edited some scenes to throw us off? I thought that shot in-particular looked weird @Pierce2Daniel
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    I have a theory..
    The footage from the latest tv-spot when something explodes throwing Bond backwards. Between his legs we can see what looks like Felix really hurt or dying. Right?

1) Could this be the fishing boat/ship exploding (when the seaplane attacks) in the waters in Jamaica (or Cuba) with them inside the engine room or something like that?

2) There's previous footage with Bond under water, looking scared, and he has the same outfit. Plus, that look on his face, could it be seeing Felix drowning, going down with the ship?

Does it sound plausible?

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'd put all of that in tags @Contraband It's a pretty big spoiler.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I'd put all of that in tags @Contraband It's a pretty big spoiler.

Done. Although Felix between the legs didn't come from me from the beginning. Someone else in here wrote just that in open. Then I started my brain..
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Oh ok no worries, it just seems a bit more than a minor spoiler, but I'll leave it to the mods (@jake24 @Birdleson) to decide what to do about this bit of information.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 198
    Contraband wrote: »
    I have a theory..
    The footage from the latest tv-spot when something explodes throwing Bond backwards. Between his legs we can see what looks like Felix really hurt or dying. Right?

1) Could this be the fishing boat/ship exploding (when the seaplane attacks) in the waters in Jamaica (or Cuba) with them inside the engine room or something like that?

2) There's previous footage with Bond under water, looking scared, and he has the same outfit. Plus, that look on his face, could it be seeing Felix drowning, going down with the ship?

Does it sound plausible?

I think you've got it correct!
    could the missing scientist be on the ship?
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Oh ok no worries, it just seems a bit more than a minor spoiler, but I'll leave it to the mods (@jake24 @Birdleson) to decide what to do about this bit of information.

Don't think it is a spoiler as such. I'm only guessing like the rest in here. But even so I'm gonna be careful and using spoiler tags.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    And yeah @Contraband
    I think you're correct. This seems a very Live and Let Die-novel inspired sequence.
    And yeah @Contraband
    I think you're correct. This seems a very Live and Let Die-novel inspired sequence.
    Could the boat be Felix's floating home so to speak? He seems to have the same white t-shirt like he did in the bar scene under his green skirt.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Contraband wrote: »
    And yeah @Contraband
    Could the boat be Felix's floating home so to speak? He seems to have the same white t-shirt like he did in the bar scene under his green skirt.
    I'm not sure. I really don't know how this whole sequence is gonna fit into the film haha, but either way it seems a very exciting sequence and from the off makes the villain of this piece quite formidable considering the damage he seems to be causing all our main characters.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    00Agent wrote: »

He blows up 6 or 7 soldiers in that explosion alone.
    He really goes to town in that final battle :))
    I wonder what the bodycount will be.
    See that rifle? Watch this space. ;)

No worries; I think there are some examples in film where you can even catch mirrored text, or a driver on the wrong side of the car :P This 'flow' that's created through mirroring shots is obviously very important to film makers.

Yeah some wierd shot editing stuff sort of thing about reflections I think Safin says to Bond I see my reflection
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Station_Z wrote: »
    00Dalton7 wrote: »

Remember the Super Bowl spot? He's also wearing braces with the dinner jacket shirt.

Indeed. Those are two different shirts.