No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Or indeed “mod edit yourself”, as I believe you say around here :D
    matt_u wrote: »
    Or maybe is just the first scene with Bond and Swann involved. She gets pulled out the frozen lake as a kid and cut to the adult Swann emerging from the sea... that would be a nice transition... and after that beach time* they go the the DB5 driving to Matera just in time to appreciate the procession at dusk and then make love.

*with a stormy sky hinting at troubles.

That kind of volcanic rocky landscape is Maratea and I believe it will be 100% Italy also the film.

Oh bloody hell! You've got it.
    I'm very impressed with the feel and tone of the music in the scoring snippet on the theme song thread. Very traditionally Bond, Very encouraged.
  • Has anyone mentioned the fact that Safin sounds like Sarin just to emphasise the Russian connection?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Has anyone mentioned the fact that Safin sounds like Sarin just to emphasise the Russian connection?

Maybe he works at Porton Down.
    Safin looked scary in the theme song montage. Definitely more menacing than Oberhauser and Silva.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Safin looked scary in the theme song montage. Definitely more menacing than Oberhauser and Silva.

Yes. Given that Babs calls him a "nasty piece of work," I think we can expect a lot from this villain.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Is that Madeleine in Safin's base in one of the theme song trailer? when she looks over her shoulder?
    One interesting thought if they do pursue the idea of Bond being monogamous for this movie -
    if Paloma was the one to make a move on Bond, but have him reject her. Would make for an interesting twist on the usual scenario. As I said before I don’t support the idea of keeping a monogamous Bond around, but if they execute it well I’d be okay with it for this one time.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Our dear friend @slyfox is still on his trip, just saw him posting from Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. But as you also may know he was present in Matera taking a bunch of pics and videos and then sent it all to me. I went through the lot, sorting out the good ones and the bad ones in to separat folders. Just checked the bad folder and realized that a still I thought was nonsens given the red old car is actually the full set with the fake hotel entrance and valet parking. I have several stills with Lea and Daniel from that set but none of them showing the full set. Plus also have video clips with them arriving but not showing the red car.

Does the red car have any connection to any of the older movies, as in homage to the franchise? Cary's idea? Is he a sucker for vintage cars? Or is it just placed there as a random cool guest car? I know nothing about the model, year, etc.

iesMIAv.jpg

The second photo comes from another forum member @thomas004 and the rest also from @slyfox

5dLZuVR.jpg
    gQmjS2Q.jpg
    PVKA7KK.jpg
    ulHuW0L.jpg
    SAWSkEH.jpg
    D8zx68X.jpg
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,185
    FoxRox wrote: »
    One interesting thought if they do pursue the idea of Bond being monogamous for this movie -
    if Paloma was the one to make a move on Bond, but have him reject her. Would make for an interesting twist on the usual scenario. As I said before I don’t support the idea of keeping a monogamous Bond around, but if they execute it well I’d be okay with it for this one time.
    i'm very interested to see how they handle it. On the one hand i could accept a one off monogamous Bond and we know he will spent a lot of time with Madeline, and we know there is enough pg13 nudity to go by. But on the other hand he will be single in Jamaica...I think it's pretty save to assume that he will be hitting on Nomi in the bar. After all we see her sitting on his bed in the trailer. And Only then she tells him thats she is a double 00 agent... I think she will be the one rejecting him. As for Paloma i have no idea what is going on with her. But how could you resist her? As a single?
    00Agent wrote: »
    i'm very interested to see how they handle it. On the one hand i could accept a one off monogamous Bond and we know he will spent a lot of time with Madeline, and we now there is enough pg13 nudity to go by. But on the other hand he will be single in Jamaica...I think it's pretty save to assume that that he will be hitting on Nomi in the bar. After all we see her sitting on his bed in the trailer. And Only then she tells him thats she is a double 00 agent... I think she will be the one rejecting him. As for Paloma i have no idea what is going on with her. But how could you resist her? As a single?
    Perhaps even one step further, Bond would resist Paloma + other women because he doesn’t want any intimacy anymore after what happened with Vesper + Tracy. It would be quite an interesting one-off of Bond to see him disinterested in sexual relationships with women after everything. Obviously he is most used to casual sex, but maybe doesn’t even want that anymore? I might be going somewhere the movie isn’t, but just suggestions anyway. It would be at least as likely for Bond to be interested in Nomi and/or Paloma after breaking up with Madeleine, but in any case the result seems to be pointing in the direction that Madeleine is the only woman Bond beds in NTTD?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,185
    00Agent wrote: »
    i'm very interested to see how they handle it. On the one hand i could accept a one off monogamous Bond and we know he will spent a lot of time with Madeline, and we now there is enough pg13 nudity to go by. But on the other hand he will be single in Jamaica...I think it's pretty save to assume that that he will be hitting on Nomi in the bar. After all we see her sitting on his bed in the trailer. And Only then she tells him thats she is a double 00 agent... I think she will be the one rejecting him. As for Paloma i have no idea what is going on with her. But how could you resist her? As a single?
    Perhaps even one step further, Bond would resist Paloma + other women because he doesn’t want any intimacy anymore after what happened with Vesper + Tracy. It would be quite an interesting one-off of Bond to see him disinterested in sexual relationships with women after everything. Obviously he is most used to casual sex, but maybe doesn’t even want that anymore? I might be going somewhere the movie isn’t, but just suggestions anyway. It would be at least as likely for Bond to be interested in Nomi and/or Paloma after breaking up with Madeleine, but in any case the result seems to be pointing in the direction that Madeleine is the only woman Bond beds in NTTD?
    Yeah the evidence is definitly pointing that way. I just hope they don't try and force any dumb statements in there. As long as it comes from a reasonable place and is well written and believable, i am open to anything. I just don't see Bond being too heartbroken to not hit on other women. Thats not really his MO. He's not exactly the guy who dwells on the past. He went to Jamaica to have a good time, and casual sex to him is like sipping some Bollinger. But again, it all depends on context. I would like to see him flirt with Paloma at least. It writes itself.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    Our dear friend @slyfox is still on his trip, just saw him posting from Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. But as you also may know he was present in Matera taking a bunch of pics and videos and then sent it all to me...

I went through the lot, sorting out the good ones and the bad ones in to separat folders. Just checked the bad folder and realized that a still I thought was nonsens given the red old car is actually the full set with the fake hotel entrance and valet parking.

I have several stills with Lea and Daniel from that set but none of them showing the full set. Plus also have video clips with them arriving but not showing the red car.

The red car: does it have any connection to any of the older movies, as in homage to the franchise? Cary's idea? Or is it just placed there as a random cool guest car? I know nothing about the model, year, etc.

iesMIAv.jpg

The second photo comes from another forum member @thomas004 and the rest also from @slyfox

5dLZuVR.jpg
    gQmjS2Q.jpg
    PVKA7KK.jpg
    ulHuW0L.jpg
    SAWSkEH.jpg
    D8zx68X.jpg

Thanks! I can't place the car either: I think it's something Italian. Maybe a Lancia?
  • The real question is when do these scenes play out.....pre-Matera? They seem very happy but Bond looks scarred.....part of me thinks that this scene is Bond’s introductionary scene into the film. It be quite the money shot getting Craig back in the iconic speedos for his first shot after the gun barrel

qL1hiru.jpg
    5OT0QTG.jpg
    8tBEXkc.jpg

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    The real question is when do these scenes play out.....pre-Matera? They seem very happy but Bond looks scarred.....part of me thinks that this scene is Bond’s introductionary scene into the film. It be quite the money shot getting Craig back in the iconic speedos for his first shot after the gun barrel

qL1hiru.jpg
    5OT0QTG.jpg
    8tBEXkc.jpg

Let's say they arrive in Matera, checking in, strolling, going for a swim the next day, cut to evening/night in hotel room, kissing, fun in the sack.. with tension in that single scene in bed with her in white t-shirt and him naked. She goes out on the balcony, lights up the paper and drops it.

Or your idea: swimming (in Maratea) on their way to Matera

Plus, Second Unit used choppercam to shoot car scenes along the coast. No footage yet of that, only reports from local Lotus prod company which was heavily involved. Those guys also built the fake tunnel and the balcony set
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    One interesting thought if they do pursue the idea of Bond being monogamous for this movie

Craig has been monogamous for nearly his entire tenure.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Octopussy wrote: »
    One interesting thought if they do pursue the idea of Bond being monogamous for this movie

No, that’s a blatantly false statement... I suppose he was monogamous to Fields in QoS.... but that’s one film out of five.... hardly “nearly his tenure”......
    Octopussy wrote: »

How do you figure that? As @peter pointed out QoS is the only one he only beds 1 woman, and she was still a casual partner.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Vesper, Fields, Turkish Girl, Severine, Lucia, Madeleine.

Yeah this guy's been really tied down... ;)
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Vesper, Fields, Turkish Girl, Severine, Lucia, Madeleine

How could you forget Solange!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

They get to kiss I guess haha, but he leaves before they can do anything right?

He doesn't sleep with Estrella either (at least in the context of the movie)

There was actually another woman in one of the drafts of the Spectre script who was in Bond's apartment, who reveals herself after Moneypenny leaves. It's also hinted at later by Blofeld that she was working for him. Made sense they cut it, but that could have been another on the list. I think she was also scripted as being in one of his dressshirts heavily implying a conquest.

I don't know why I've gone so much into this lol

I guess so. I always count her anyway; the intent was there in any case.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He should have made time for the receptionist at the Ocean Club!.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

That's true. I suppose in the context of him being "monogamous" it works. Getting frisky with a man's wife after beating him in a game and winning his car is certainty not monogamous haha :D

That's true. I suppose in the context of him being "monogamous" it works. Getting frisky with a man's wife after beating him in a game and winning his car is certainty not monogamous haha :D

I hate to get so off-topic, but I love how dirty Bond does Dimitrios :)) I certainly don’t want monogamous Bond to ever become a mainstay, but as an experiment with NTTD it could prove interesting.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I hate to get so off-topic, but I love how dirty Bond does Dimitrios :)) I certainly don’t want monogamous Bond to ever become a mainstay, but as an experiment with NTTD it could prove interesting.
    Exactly, and of course, It just makes sense narratively and to the film they're making. Although those rumours about Craig and de Armas having intimicy coaches or whatever it was could hint at a possible love scene between the two, and I could definitely see them having some time before Bond goes to London maybe?

Or is it pretty much confirmed at this point that he's not gonna be with anyone in this film, besides Madeleine? I can't remember.
  • NectouxNectoux São Paulo, Brazil
    The real question is when do these scenes play out.....pre-Matera? They seem very happy but Bond looks scarred.....part of me thinks that this scene is Bond’s introductionary scene into the film. It be quite the money shot getting Craig back in the iconic speedos for his first shot after the gun barrel

qL1hiru.jpg
    5OT0QTG.jpg
    8tBEXkc.jpg

They don't need to show the young girl being pulled off the ice. After the gunshots to break the ice on the lake, the girl is almost drowning and that could be the moment to cut to Madeleine coming out of a dive and seeing Bond.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

qL1hiru.jpg
    5OT0QTG.jpg
    8tBEXkc.jpg

I will throw out a crazy theory. This is the very end of the film.
    TripAces wrote: »

qL1hiru.jpg
    5OT0QTG.jpg
    8tBEXkc.jpg

I will throw out a crazy theory. This is the very end of the film.

Why not?
    If the YOLT adaptation happens, this could be amnesiac Bond going along with things with Madeleine. It could still end the same with Bond feeling a connection that implies he will find his way back to the service, but ending somewhat ambiguously still.