No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Good one, @Pierce2Daniel. You should be a detective.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Octopussy wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Screencaps from the latest (soundtrack) trailer, only the new footage below:

I posted this in another thread, but it feels more appropriate here:

The burning note Bond is holding at the grave seems to say Palazzo Venezia or something of that ilk down the bottom, which makes me further think this note is from Vesper.

@Octopussy We did some research a few days ago and came up with this:

• OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.

The burning note Bond is holding at the grave seems to say Palazzo Venezia or something of that ilk down the bottom, which makes me further think this note is from Vesper.

Ah, I was half right! ;) Thanks!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,343
    00Agent wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    https://i.imgur.com/NxtTc4j.jpg
    So unless there is a epilogue to the Matera sequence, post putting Madeline on the train with Bond jumping off the bridge.

I’m fairly certain that the train windows passing Bond will transition into the main title sequence.

Bond’s clothing also holds clues as to the timeline of events.

Graveyard - tie on
    Bridge jump - tie on
    Aston Chase - tie off
    Train Station - tie off.

My bet is
    Bond is attacked a the graveyard, chase ensues. Makes it to the bride. Jumps off. Retrieves Aston from storage, then Madeline. Chase through city. Totals Aston. Fight with Primo, Bike sequence and jump, grabs Madeline again, off to Train station. Says goodbye. Titles start. [spoiler/]
    Sounds about right but i believe the bike comes before the car. They arrive at the train Station by car. I think he Grabs the bike from primo (where we see them fight for the first time) to get to Madeline and the car.
    Yes before the Aston there's a foot chase and a bike chase.

Ah, man. Precious.
    Bloody scooby gang.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

:))
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

Hahaha that's brilliant
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 137
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Hahaha that's brilliant

Listen he's been out in the field before. Let's stop trying to make out it's a DC precedent!

904d524e17fceefc90b5efb01c5812c9.png

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    silva13 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Love that shot of Safin. This is gonna be a classic.

...could be Q's flat, which explains the shot of the Noh mask in the ribbed glass in the trailer.
    Think it might be the inside of the cabin. I could be mistaken.
    it seems to match the scene where madeline opens the box and tears up

Absolutely. There's definitely a Safin/Madeleine confrontation here.

EQsjNJmXUAA8n4r?format=jpg&name=medium
    EQsjNWOWsAAjfai?format=jpg&name=medium
    EQsjNhGXYAICSHC?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The important thing to recognise is Madeline's hair....

In Matera (2015) it is short and straight and in London (2020) when she sees Bond at the prison her hair is wavy. In the above photos her hair is wavy. So I assume it is indeed in London. I think Safin gives her the mask and the scenes take place prior to the Norway finale.

191227-no-time-to-die-lashana-lynch-lea-seydoux.jpg

A good shout, @Pierce2Daniel
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    silva13 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Love that shot of Safin. This is gonna be a classic.

...could be Q's flat, which explains the shot of the Noh mask in the ribbed glass in the trailer.
    Think it might be the inside of the cabin. I could be mistaken.
    it seems to match the scene where madeline opens the box and tears up

Absolutely. There's definitely a Safin/Madeleine confrontation here.

EQsjNJmXUAA8n4r?format=jpg&name=medium
    EQsjNWOWsAAjfai?format=jpg&name=medium
    EQsjNhGXYAICSHC?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The important thing to recognise is Madeline's hair....

In Matera (2015) it is short and straight and in London (2020) when she sees Bond at the prison her hair is wavy. In the above photos her hair is wavy. So I assume it is indeed in London. I think Safin gives her the mask and the scenes take place prior to the Norway finale.

191227-no-time-to-die-lashana-lynch-lea-seydoux.jpg

This is correct.

• BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    My god the cinematography... This might be the second Bond film in Craig’s tenure (behind Skyfall) that leaves your breathless with every frame.
    There are a couple Matera shots that look slightly synthetic. I don't know if some of these shots are CGI-enhanced or if Sandgren is the best cinematographer to have graced a Bond film.

I agree that certain shots in Italy (is it Matera or Sapri?) do have an odd look to them. My guess is the green screen: the studio lighting isn't 100% realistic to the surrounding environment and that's what makes it uncanny. Perhaps this is intended? To indicate to the audience that things aren't as idyllic as they might appear on the surface.
    There's a fairytale-like quality to those scenes. James trying life.
    matt_u wrote: »

Also I'm willing to bet the rocky beach stuff we see is a dream sequence because it looks genuinely dreamy
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

That was the exact word I used to describe it. So, I naturally 100% agree, and think it's very intentional. Bond's glimpse into a normal, loving life where everything is in its rightful place and everything seems blissful.
    antovolk wrote: »

Also I'm willing to bet the rocky beach stuff we see is a dream sequence because it looks genuinely dreamy

Bond does not do dream sequences, but it may be a flashback when Bond is alone in Jamaica. But I suspect not. The Matera scenes will be about Bond and Madeleine.

ColonelSun wrote: »

Bond does not do dream sequences, but it may be a flashback when Bond is alone in Jamaica. But I suspect not. The Matera scenes will be about Bond and Madeleine.

Or Bond thinks he sees Madeleine but she's not actually there...haunted by her spectre (badumtss)
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Exactly. Another thing if bond gets married or live out his days with Madeline in the end, that could be the ending scene. Classic James bond ending.
    Or maybe is just the first scene with Bond and Swann involved. She gets pulled out the frozen lake as a kid and cut to the adult Swann emerging from the sea... that would be a nice transition... and after that beach time* they go the the DB5 driving to Matera just in time to appreciate the procession at dusk and then make love.

*with a stormy sky hinting at troubles.

That kind of volcanic rocky landscape is Maratea and I believe it will be 100% Italy also the film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Or maybe is just the first scene with Bond and Swann involved. She gets pulled out the frozen lake as a kid and cut to the adult Swann emerging from the sea... that would be a nice transition... and after that beach time* they go the the DB5 driving to Matera just in time to appreciate the procession at dusk and then make love.

With a stormy sky hinting at troubles.
    I think you cracked it.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Some of the ideas are just utter rubbish, Bond getting an explosive watch when he's on indefinite suspension? Why would the head of an organisation turn up for a lackeys funeral?

Also watching M and Bond antagonistic is cringe worthy, Bond and C is the same and Craig saying dialogue that would more common in a Roger Moore film.

SF's plot holes aside there is anything as dumb as in here for my money.

M's dialogue with C is just woeful, this is just awful, I'm sticking to this at 24 and I'm only at just after the White meet up and that was a huge let down, so much potential, making White have conscience, don't make me laugh.

+1.
    Some of the ideas are just utter rubbish, Bond getting an explosive watch when he's on indefinite suspension? Why would the head of an organisation turn up for a lackeys funeral?

I, to this day, can't understand this. Just like I don't understand why hundreds of people would show up at SPECTRE's reunion when secrecy is what matters the most in these cases. The Quantum organization was handled much better; their meetings happened with people not even looking at each other and the subordinates didn't even know who they worked with, they just answered to their boss, who answered to someone else in their turn. Reaching the head of Quantum was almost impossible since Bond had to go through all the layers of the organization, whereas with SPECTRE Bond only had to kill one of its members and he immediately reached his boss.

Which is exactly what Blofeld intended, remember?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »

Also watching M and Bond antagonistic is cringe worthy, Bond and C is the same and Craig saying dialogue that would more common in a Roger Moore film.

SF's plot holes aside there is anything as dumb as in here for my money.

M's dialogue with C is just woeful, this is just awful, I'm sticking to this at 24 and I'm only at just after the White meet up and that was a huge let down, so much potential, making White have conscience, don't make me laugh.

+1.

I, to this day, can't understand this. Just like I don't understand why hundreds of people would show up at SPECTRE's reunion when secrecy is what matters the most in these cases. The Quantum organization was handled much better; their meetings happened with people not even looking at each other and the subordinates didn't even know who they worked with, they just answered to their boss, who answered to someone else in their turn. Reaching the head of Quantum was almost impossible since Bond had to go through all the layers of the organization, whereas with SPECTRE Bond only had to kill one of its members and he immediately reached his boss.

Which is exactly what Blofeld intended, remember?

To what extent? I know he was aware of Bond entering the SPECTRE meeting palace but did Blofeld really set up the murder of Sciarra?
    Even then, if that's what Blofeld intended that was very idiotic of him.

With a stormy sky hinting at troubles.
    I think you cracked it.

Yeah, also because it would quickly show Bond's feelings to the viewer... Showing their happiness in a moment of fun and relax it would be more incisive than just the two driving to the city.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

That kind of volcanic rocky landscape is Maratea and I believe it will be 100% Italy also the film.

That's a great idea mate

I wouldn't even be shocked if @matt_u is Cary testing his ideas on us
    thosee screen caps are really beautiful, especially the interior at Matera
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified

“Forgive her. Forgive yourself.”

I thought about how the burning note echoes back to QoS, with Mathis’ dying words to Bond about forgiveness. Not sure if anyone has touched on this, but maybe this act of burning letters is symbolic of forgiving the dead...? And perhaps it’s not a note of betrayal, but rather Bond paying his respects to Vesper at her tomb. Why he would be asking Vesper to forgive him is beyond me, but I’m starting to think the lyrics of the NTTD theme song have a double meaning: both Vesper and Madeleine are two sides of the same coin, and Bond is caught between his haunted past by tbe former, and a bittersweet future with the latter.

Just throwing ideas out there.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164

I thought about how the burning note echoes back to QoS, with Mathis’ dying words to Bond about forgiveness. Not sure if anyone has touched on this, but maybe this act of burning letters is symbolic of forgiving the dead...? And perhaps it’s not a note of betrayal, but rather Bond paying his respects to Vesper at her tomb. Why he would be asking Vesper to forgive him is beyond me, but I’m starting to think the lyrics of the NTTD theme song have a double meaning: both Vesper and Madeleine are two sides of the same coin, and Bond is caught between his haunted past by tbe former, and a bittersweet future with the latter.

Yup. And I’m guessing Bond feels he has to ask her forgiveness because he finally wants to move on from the memory of her, and commit to someone else.

Of course, as Seydoux said in the EW interview, it all goes to mod edit.

Well done, this seems better than what I thought at first.

Well done, this seems better than what I thought at first.

:) Water has also an inherent strong symbolism. Could work.
    Jordo007 wrote: »

That's a great idea mate

I wouldn't even be shocked if @matt_u is Cary testing his ideas on us

Haha, thanks man. I threw Cary's name as a good fit for the director like a month in advance his announcement so no I'm not him. Even tho I'd love to. :D
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Survivors guilt. He failed to protect/save her. He might partly blame himself for what happened (which is what fueled him in QoS to some degree) and also why Mathis told him to "forgive yourself"