What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

Hmm yeah, maybe we are looking too much into this, but then again..who knows, it's the new generation after all.....
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    A new generation would probably do it, but would EON allow that and be disqualified for nomination eligibility?

Funnily, that same sample was used on the Wu Tang Clan album "The W", which also featured a sampling of a particular Bond tune.

Yeah it doesn't seem like a tease for the song at all
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    boldfinger wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    One thing that I feel reassuring is that from Director to Composer, on this production EON has shown that they will not hesitate to make a change if they aren’t satisfied with a given element. I think had they been presented with a song that they were not happy with then it would have been rejected.
    Out of experience I don´t think music is the foremost example of this habit, in terms of being reassuring ;-).

Possibly, but I do think, on this one, if something was handed in that they were less than happy with other options would have been considered.
    The song was completed some time ago, long before the artist was announced, had it been rejected it would have just been another rejected track.

From what they say, Eilish and her brother fought for this gig, I wonder how many others did as well; I would love to hear their submissions. Some may appear on future releases from the respective artist.
    dragonsky wrote: »

If this is a teaser for Bond's theme...sounds cool tbh

Um...
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 4,400
    antovolk wrote: »

It's from the Vanity Fair photoshoot for the Oscars.

Check their Instagram, plenty of other examples.....

Do we know for certain that the song is called 'No Time To Die?'
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,972
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Um...

That does have a nice sound.

This only dropped 2 hours ago, could it be a taste?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    True....of course, we are expecting a Stellar track from Eilish....but I think every Bond has an Artist of their own in mind for Bond....if a Bond fan is asked to blindly pick an Artist for a Bond theme....am not sure many will pick

Don't know about the authenticity of this being the song's teaser....but the repetitive electric guitar in a way...sounds similar to YKMN.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

Well that pretty much settles it. FALSE ALARM FOLKS!
    A new generation would probably do it, but would EON allow that and be disqualified for nomination eligibility?

Funnily, that same sample was used on the Wu Tang Clan album "The W", which also featured a sampling of a particular Bond tune.

In case anyone was wondering, the Bond sample is "Auric's Factory" by John Barry from Goldfinger, I believe. :-B
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Billie looking cool - giving me May Day vibes :D

Well that pretty much settles it. FALSE ALARM FOLKS!

That was pretty funny.

I feel more or less indifferent to this upcoming song. It may be great or it may be weak. I certainly don't have much anticipation, though I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Damn, got excited there for a moment. It would be very early for any Bond Theme news I think.
  • RC7RC7
    That sample is an Isaac Hayes version of Walk on By. Come on, guys.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    RC7 wrote: »
    That sample is an Isaac Hayes version of Walk on By. Come on, guys.

Lol not everyone knows this stuff.
    And those are the people who also don´t bother reading five or ten posts above before giving uninformed comments.
    For now...….? A release date?! ;) :)) :-bd
    Not impressed by her variation on "Yesterday" hope her original work and Zimmer add some brilliance to it.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
  • RC7RC7
    boldfinger wrote: »
    And those are the people who also don´t bother reading five or ten posts above before giving uninformed comments.

Precisely, my friend.
    00Agent wrote: »

Looking forward to it.
    Very exciting! Look like Craig will have 2 title songs named after his movies. Can’t wait to check it out.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Omg. That sounds amazing already lol. An actual title song haha :D
    I guess now I see why Billie performed Yesterday at the Oscars...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Loving the snippet so far. Stylistically it's not unlike Skyfall with the moody piano introduction. Not a bad thing at all. Hurry up tomorrow!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I guess now I see why Billie performed Yesterday at the Oscars...
    And people say this film's had bad marketing. I don't see it.

• Big big hype for this!!!! We get the new Bond theme tomorrow!!!

The brief snippet sounds very similar to Eilish's typical style. A slow, eerie and haunting feel.......also great to see that Finneas will be providing the piano on it.

Also, confirmation that the song is 'NO TIME TO DIE' - the most iconic themes always use the film's title.

This is fairly early for a song release though...........how does it compare to the rest of the Craig era?

Big big hype for this!!!! We get the new Bond theme tomorrow!!!

The brief snippet sounds very similar to Eilish's typical style. A slow, eerie and haunting feel.......also great to see that Finneas will be providing the piano on it.

Also, confirmation that the song is 'NO TIME TO DIE' - the most iconic themes always use the film's title.

This is fairly early for a song release though...........how does it compare to the rest of the Craig era?

Does this make it more likely that she’ll perform the song at the Brit awards?
  • I guess Finneas literally did mean it would be released really soon
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm really digging the sound of that snippet. Similar intro to Skyfall but slightly more haunting.
This discussion has been closed.