Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• A "mark all threads read" type button would be helpful if possible
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Quoting johnstrangways:

A "mark all threads read" type button would be helpful if possible
    I'll second that.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Will the current categories in time be broken down?

For example what is now "Bond 23" will become "Bond 23 News" and "Bond 23 Discussion"?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Likely will Sam, for now we've got less as the site is "new" and less content. In time we may break it down more.
    edited March 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Quoting Luds: Likely will Sam, for now we've got less as the site is "new" and less content.
    In time we may break it down more.
    Oh, OK that makes sense. At the moment I kind of feel as if MI6 is very small, good to know that in time it will be expanded.

Another point, I take it all the old avatars are gone? So you'd have to find the image you want online as there is no "database" at the moment?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,986
    @Samuel001 Any image you can set as your avatar, mind you copyright restrictions still apply.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,182
    Quoting JamesPage: We are looking in to putting the 'jump to latest' link on the indexes
    That's great. Just a small further suggestion though: On the old forums it would always get you to the first post that was made after you last logged off, not the actual first unread post. It would be really helpful if it worked right here. :)
    OK, great. I'll see what I can find, thanks for clearing some issues up for me Luds.
  • Please please please could there be a music category? This was always a favourite thread of mine, especiallu when The Cat was spreading some wisdom!!!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Can we have a new "quote" setting... Something like white would be ideal..

Thanks
  • Can we go back to the old style please?
    No?
    Well just thought I'd ask.

Simple quote button, better layout of all the threads (like the old style). Visually more appealing user friendly I thought.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting danslittlefinger: Simple quote button, better layout of all the threads (like the old style). Visually more appealing user friendly I thought.
    The default quote button was terrible, it didn't mention who was quoted either, and failed in various browsers. This one isn't perfect but seems to work in some way. And enables to partly quote too.
  • Luds:

But how do you quote, I cant find the button? How did you do the 'quoting danslittlefinger" thing?
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    By the way, there are other forums that actually show you the posts that have been made while you've been writing - before you post yours. This give you time to add responses to those posters too - eliminating editing or double posting.

That would be handy here, if anyone is interested.
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    Quoting danslittlefinger: But how do you quote, I cant find the button? How did you do the 'quoting danslittlefinger" thing?
    highlight the text and you will see a popup that says "quote"

click it!
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 3
    How are you guys able to quote others? I swear to you there are NO quote buttons anywhere on my screen.

EDIT: And after I posted this the thread did not refresh as I believe it should do.

FURTHER EDIT: Nick_007 has just answered my first question which someone else also asked.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 886
    Quoting nick_007: highlight the text and you will see a popup that says "quote"
    I see it now, thanks Nick_007
    @danslittlefinger Any time. Here to help!

Quoting Jasper_Lamar_Crabb: How are you guys able to quote others? I swear to you there are NO quote buttons anywhere on my screen.

EDIT: And after I posted this the thread did not refresh as I believe it should do.
    @Jaspar_Lamar_Crabb You have to highlight the text you want to quote. Only then will the button appear that says "quote this text"

• Also maybe allowing us to click on the last comment made, which appears in yellow, so we don't have to scroll down to the last entry all the time.
    Unless there is this ability already?
    Quoting danslittlefinger: Also maybe allowing us to click on the last comment made, which appears in yellow, so we don't have to scroll down to the last entry all the time.

Unless there is this ability already?
    My understanding is that this has been suggested and is not available yet but it is on the way.
    I see that many of us have figured this out but still I ask.
    1.How does one post a link without actually posting the long link but by giving the link a name instead?
    2. How does one post an image?
    3. How does one imbed a you-tube video?

It is a lot easier to quote multiple posts in one post. In fact it looks real easy but where is the little menu with the bold, italics, colour choices etc. ?

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Well, I think the writing box could use some improvement... With options to edit text (Bold, Italic, Underline, Change colour etc.), enter links, pictures and stuff like that... It's kinda hard (and/or boring :P ) to manually put the < b > and < /b > tags for example every time you want to write in bold...
  • Quoting nick_007: My understanding is that this has been suggested and is not available yet but it is on the way.
    Cheers Nick.
    Will there a way to browse through the pages at the top of the screen rather than the bottom? All this scrolling is very annoying.

Also, will the "Who is online" box return? You know, the one that was at the bottom of the screen that also mentions how many members are signed on as well as how many there are, who is a mod, ect.?
    I think I've found the answers to some of my questions. HTML will take care of bold, italics etc.
    You-tube site has embedding instructions.
    Still not sure about my links question or images.
    Maybe an idiot proof "how to" would be helpful on the faq for those of us that have done our darndest all these years, to avoid learning HTML or using anything that resembles code.
  • Quoting timmer: Maybe an idiot proof "how to" would be helpful on the faq for those of us that have done our darndest all these years, to avoid learning HTML or using anything that resembles code.
    What sort of things would you like covered in the FAQ, timmer?
    One thing that I'd find great is how are we able to display a URL or link as just a name? For example : Look here for more information, where 'here' is the link?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting timmer: 1.How does one post a link without actually posting the long link but by giving the link a name instead?

2. How does one post an image?
    1- Without the white spaces before a and /, use the following:
    < a href="www.mi6community.com">text to display< /a>

2- Without the white space before img
    < img src="url of image">
    Quoting Luds: 1- Without the white spaces before a and /, use the following:

< a href="www.mi6community.com">text to display< /a>

Thank you Luds. You're so helpful in easing this transition. :)
    Really? We have to know HTML to post images and such? Not user-friendly at all.
This discussion has been closed.