Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think what a lot of people seem to forget when talking about casting, especially the media is that you need someone who can front a multi-picture contract. Most of the time people include actors who are only marginally younger than Craig. When Sony recast Spiderman with Tom Holland, they went with someone who could potentially front 5-6 films over the next 15 years. I think we'll see similar casting logic from EON this time around, going with someone marginally younger, being closer to 30. I also think that Callum Turner has a certain Bond look to him. There's a real hint of Hoagy Carmichael, which most people accept was Flemings visual reference for literary Bond.

He is also apparently a serial womaniser - just needs to bulk up a bit, but he does tick a fair few boxes.

callum-turner.jpg

Hoagy_Carmichael_-_1947.jpg

Callum has the definition of a derp face. Perhaps in 20 years he's settled in more.
    I think he has serious potential. The picture on the right here screams leading man to me... and as @NeverSayNeverAgain mentioned there's something very Fleming's Bond about him which would be a good route after Craig :)

Callum-Turner-Burberry-3.jpg

Opinions are so subjective. I'd choose most of the population of China over him, and that includes babies, OAPs and women. I just don't see anything remotely Bondian about him.

If B26 were a live action adaption of JAMES BOND JR, then I might see the potential in this guy.
    If he wasn't to be James Bond in the movies, I'd be interested to see him do it if they ever were to do a television series set in the 50s. I don't think they'll ever do it but I think he'd be perfect for that. I agree he needs to bulk a bit to be movie Bond, but let's be honest he's got the time :D
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I think what a lot of people seem to forget when talking about casting, especially the media is that you need someone who can front a multi-picture contract. Most of the time people include actors who are only marginally younger than Craig. When Sony recast Spiderman with Tom Holland, they went with someone who could potentially front 5-6 films over the next 15 years. I think we'll see similar casting logic from EON this time around, going with someone marginally younger, being closer to 30. I also think that Callum Turner has a certain Bond look to him. There's a real hint of Hoagy Carmichael, which most people accept was Flemings visual reference for literary Bond.

He is also apparently a serial womaniser - just needs to bulk up a bit, but he does tick a fair few boxes.

callum-turner.jpg

Callum has the definition of a derp face. Perhaps in 20 years he's settled in more.
    I think he has serious potential. The picture on the right here screams leading man to me... and as @NeverSayNeverAgain mentioned there's something very Fleming's Bond about him which would be a good route after Craig :)

Opinions are so subjective. I'd choose most of the population of China over him, and that includes babies, OAPs and women. I just don't see anything remotely Bondian about him.

God where are his eyes? I can't see his eyes :-O
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom

callum-turner.jpg

God where are his eyes? I can't see his eyes :-O

🤣🤣🤣🤣

callum-turner.jpg

Way too young, and I don't really see Bond either.
    I prefer the other Turner. Better eyebrows ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »
    I prefer the other Turner. Better eyebrows ;)
    I am a Turner myself. I wonder if I'd make a good Bond (I wouldn't) haha :D
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.

callum-turner.jpg

+1

MV5BZDk1Mzk4NmEtNWVkYi00YTE2LTk0ZDgtNTg3YThkMDNhODhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQ5MzY0NjM@._V1_.jpg

dominic-cooper-fleming.jpg

How about Dominic Cooper? Just a thought, but he did play Ian Fleming in the 2014 series Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Octopussy wrote: »

callum-turner.jpg

+1

MV5BZDk1Mzk4NmEtNWVkYi00YTE2LTk0ZDgtNTg3YThkMDNhODhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQ5MzY0NjM@._V1_.jpg

How about Dominic Cooper? Just a thought, but he did play Ian Fleming in the 2014 series Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond.

I like him but he has the strangest bug eyes which are quite distracting.
    Hey, if Lara Pulver could come as well...
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,295

I'd like that very much. :D

Make that two
    Octopussy wrote: »

callum-turner.jpg

+1

I like him but he has the strangest bug eyes which are quite distracting.

Way too feminine looking. I didn't like him in Fleming, totally miscast.

callum-turner.jpg

I don't think he's right, but he's not too young, since he would be in his thirties when a new Bond needs to be cast.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

callum-turner.jpg

I remember him now, I thought he looked familiar.
    He was in a TV drama last year called The Capture. The one thing that stood out was his charisma. He is young, but there was something about him that drew you to him, and Mrs Nackers and me both thought he would be an interesting Bond.
    And he should be the right age when the role is available. Not that I know anything about him, but age wise he's fine.

Make that two

Two Lara Pulvers? One would be enough for me, but yes, absolutely, I'd take two ;)
    edited January 2020 Posts: 2,541

Make that two

Two Lara Pulvers? One would be enough for me, but yes, absolutely, I'd take two ;)

:D I meant two more guys would be more than happy two welcome Ms Pulver into the the world of bond.
    She also kinda reminds me of Eva Green as well, don't know why :-?
    MV5BM2E1OTgzZjgtOTExNy00MDI4LWFjOTAtMmU3OGY1Yzc3ZWU1L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_.jpg

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSnsCS8fuGjrSyNCeFhLxd0doLuNSHs70vzC4GszEo5kj5bIRnb
    I know what you meant, @Resurrection ;)

And I know what you mean. She does have something of Green in her, besides her eyes. I wouldn't mind being sherlocked by her, whip and all.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited January 2020 Posts: 7,981

And I know what you mean. She does have something of Green in her, besides her eyes. I wouldn't mind being sherlocked by her, whip and all.

delete

• talos7 wrote: »

Yes, very Green-like , particularly in that second . " I'm the money", photo.

Always felt Green's costuming in that scene felt circa 1930's-1950s.
    Bond is a white whale. Please no swarthy sharks as Bond.

Alliteration much? :-D
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

Actually, he's tall and he's dark
    And like a shark, he looks for trouble
    That's why the zero's double.
    63d9d115bd438bbba663a250989e26a2.jpg
    612005-800w.jpg
    612007-800w.jpg
    Callum Turner by the way

I have been advocating him for a while. I think he has what it takes after thinking of him as a posh boy previously his role in The Capture on BBC showed he can definitely do gritty and has physical presence.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    TFC1 wrote: »
    612005-800w.jpg
    612007-800w.jpg
    Callum Turner by the way

I have been advocating him for a while. I think he has what it takes after thinking of him as a posh boy previously his role in The Capture on BBC showed he can definitely do gritty and has physical presence.

No way from me. Aidan Turner is a more sane/ viable suggestion.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    612005-800w.jpg
    612007-800w.jpg
    Callum Turner by the way

He looks like a weasel, figuratively AND literally! 😏

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    talos7 wrote: »
    612005-800w.jpg
    612007-800w.jpg
    Callum Turner by the way

Yes. I would rather have Mark Strong as Bond than him.
    talos7 wrote: »
    612005-800w.jpg
    612007-800w.jpg
    Callum Turner by the way

Yes. I would rather have Mark Strong as Bond than him.

From blonde to bald
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    He's got that Barry Keoghan/Joel Edgerton look about him. A bit like a giant rat.
    Lots and lots of rumour on DC's replacement?!!! All good fun but I am zoning out of that chatter, and just enjoying the build up to NTTD. :-bd