No Time to Die production thread

15965975996016021208

Comments

  • Posts: 3,164
    Nope that's a fan page @Contraband
  • Posts: 38
    Contraband wrote: »
    Is this an official account for EON? Seen it many times, often geo-tagged at Pinewood
    It says two fans on their instagram page and you can geo-tag anywhere in the world so it's most likely they are nowhere near Pinewood when it's tagged.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,018
    Penpen wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Is this an official account for EON? Seen it many times, often geo-tagged at Pinewood
    It says two fans on their instagram page and you can geo-tag anywhere in the world so it's most likely they are nowhere near Pinewood when it's tagged.

    Ok. Didn't know that. Thanks
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    Posts: 78


    For anyone who like me is unsure of her vocals working for Bond. I present this “proof of concept” title sequence.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    edited January 2020 Posts: 78
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Nomi dies near the end

    M talks to Craig: So...there's a spot that needs to be filled... we are one double-oh short....do you have any ideas who should be the new 007?

    Craig smirks..

    The end

    I think this is an excellent idea!! The right balance of context, it would tie with the story if it pans out this way and elegantly humorous with relevance both on and off screen.

    This idea gets my vote and it would be a nice way to finish I think.

    I am incredibly excited for NTTD but in a way dreading it as under Craig I think the films have been not only a massive commercial success but has really made Bond relevant again for this era and has brought in new fans of the character and in some cases has brought fans back on board.

    Thank you Daniel Craig and I hope this last adventure is as amazing as it’s looking on paper right now. He has been OUTSTANDING and although most Bond fans are on the fence in relation to each of his adventures, I am one of those Bond fans that really does find the positives from each movie. I enjoy elements of each film and can’t find a bad film to watch on any given afternoon
    🍸
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 5,869
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.
  • Posts: 38
    Contraband wrote: »
    Penpen wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Is this an official account for EON? Seen it many times, often geo-tagged at Pinewood
    It says two fans on their instagram page and you can geo-tag anywhere in the world so it's most likely they are nowhere near Pinewood when it's tagged.

    Ok. Didn't know that. Thanks

    No problem, I rarely have my GPS on so when it comes to posting something on instagram (I know it's meant to be instant) I am usually at home and if I want to add the location I use an app that makes your phone temporarily think you are somewhere else.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Posts: 8,653
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    Nicely said @Denbigh
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Posts: 524
    Asked a question about the scoring process. Very interesting!

  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans and really is there as basically an extra Bond to do what at the end of the film take over if they aren't booting Bond why have her. I think making her a person that is trained by Bond and turned bad would be a great and make sense how many heroes do we need in this film this isn't the avengers this is Bond. Bond should be the main show the entire time everyone else side pieces if they want another bond go make another franchise. Yeah you can change with the times without destroying the foundation here it seems they are clear at destroying the foundation and when you do that your film sinks yeah the action looks good but doesn't matter if the whole thing is falling apart and why even do this film at all after Spectre it was a good send off what is there more to tell Barbara craig said he didn't care to come back they wasted 5 years on a film just so Barbara could show us fans a politics she cares about in film with Bond instead because she feels its important. Create something new with a new Bond. No Barbara just wants to show a hodge podge of a mess of an era that clearly makes no sense at all and means nothing. Why did they create a 007 logo to begin with if all this time it's just a gimmick same with Blofeld just a gimmick dr.no is now a gimmick Bond now a gimmick because what's really important is politics and pushing it in people's faces. Me as a fan likes changes but it doesn't mean all changes are necessary and good both of these apply to this film. Just my two cents in a rambling rant this place has become toxic anyone who has a different view has now become a joke you kidding me? what has this place turned into a authoritarian cult I guess it has. Harass me all you want I'm not going anywhere call me a fake fan all you want but I'm a passionate fan and what I see is a mess I hope I'm dead wrong though.
  • Posts: 1,314
    what is it *specifically* about this character you think is political that you don’t like.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,512
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans and really is there as basically an extra Bond to do what at the end of the film take over if they aren't booting Bond why have her. I think making her a person that is trained by Bond and turned bad would be a great and make sense how many heroes do we need in this film this isn't the avengers this is Bond. Bond should be the main show the entire time everyone else side pieces if they want another bond go make another franchise. Yeah you can change with the times without destroying the foundation here it seems they are clear at destroying the foundation and when you do that your film sinks yeah the action looks good but doesn't matter if the whole thing is falling apart and why even do this film at all after Spectre it was a good send off what is there more to tell Barbara craig said he didn't care to come back they wasted 5 years on a film just so Barbara could show us fans a politics she cares about in film with Bond instead because she feels its important. Create something new with a new Bond. No Barbara just wants to show a hodge podge of a mess of an era that clearly makes no sense at all and means nothing. Why did they create a 007 logo to begin with if all this time it's just a gimmick same with Blofeld just a gimmick dr.no is now a gimmick Bond now a gimmick because what's really important is politics and pushing it in people's faces. Me as a fan likes changes but it doesn't mean all changes are necessary and good both of these apply to this film. Just my two cents in a rambling rant this place has become toxic anyone who has a different view has now become a joke you kidding me? what has this place turned into a authoritarian cult I guess it has. Harass me all you want I'm not going anywhere call me a fake fan all you want but I'm a passionate fan and what I see is a mess I hope I'm dead wrong though.

    You sound like you’ve been watching too many videos by that Australian lunatic on YouTube. I suggest waiting for the film before fully throwing your toys out of the pram. The whole thing is a bit of subversion, if you don’t like the concept, cool, but stop acting like the series is crumbling. It’s relentless, boring and wrong.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    RC7 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans and really is there as basically an extra Bond to do what at the end of the film take over if they aren't booting Bond why have her. I think making her a person that is trained by Bond and turned bad would be a great and make sense how many heroes do we need in this film this isn't the avengers this is Bond. Bond should be the main show the entire time everyone else side pieces if they want another bond go make another franchise. Yeah you can change with the times without destroying the foundation here it seems they are clear at destroying the foundation and when you do that your film sinks yeah the action looks good but doesn't matter if the whole thing is falling apart and why even do this film at all after Spectre it was a good send off what is there more to tell Barbara craig said he didn't care to come back they wasted 5 years on a film just so Barbara could show us fans a politics she cares about in film with Bond instead because she feels its important. Create something new with a new Bond. No Barbara just wants to show a hodge podge of a mess of an era that clearly makes no sense at all and means nothing. Why did they create a 007 logo to begin with if all this time it's just a gimmick same with Blofeld just a gimmick dr.no is now a gimmick Bond now a gimmick because what's really important is politics and pushing it in people's faces. Me as a fan likes changes but it doesn't mean all changes are necessary and good both of these apply to this film. Just my two cents in a rambling rant this place has become toxic anyone who has a different view has now become a joke you kidding me? what has this place turned into a authoritarian cult I guess it has. Harass me all you want I'm not going anywhere call me a fake fan all you want but I'm a passionate fan and what I see is a mess I hope I'm dead wrong though.

    You sound like you’ve been watching too many videos by that Australian lunatic on YouTube. I suggest waiting for the film before fully throwing your toys out of the pram. The whole thing is a bit of subversion, if you don’t like the concept, cool, but stop acting like the series is crumbling. It’s relentless, boring and wrong.

    +1

    Also, @007Blofeld please use some dots or commas and occasionally break lines because reading your post was tiring (I'm not insulting you, I'm just saying that breaking lines makes reading much more pleasant).
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Matt007 wrote: »
    what is it *specifically* about this character you think is political that you don’t like.

    Being an sjw and feminist.
    RC7 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans and really is there as basically an extra Bond to do what at the end of the film take over if they aren't booting Bond why have her. I think making her a person that is trained by Bond and turned bad would be a great and make sense how many heroes do we need in this film this isn't the avengers this is Bond. Bond should be the main show the entire time everyone else side pieces if they want another bond go make another franchise. Yeah you can change with the times without destroying the foundation here it seems they are clear at destroying the foundation and when you do that your film sinks yeah the action looks good but doesn't matter if the whole thing is falling apart and why even do this film at all after Spectre it was a good send off what is there more to tell Barbara craig said he didn't care to come back they wasted 5 years on a film just so Barbara could show us fans a politics she cares about in film with Bond instead because she feels its important. Create something new with a new Bond. No Barbara just wants to show a hodge podge of a mess of an era that clearly makes no sense at all and means nothing. Why did they create a 007 logo to begin with if all this time it's just a gimmick same with Blofeld just a gimmick dr.no is now a gimmick Bond now a gimmick because what's really important is politics and pushing it in people's faces. Me as a fan likes changes but it doesn't mean all changes are necessary and good both of these apply to this film. Just my two cents in a rambling rant this place has become toxic anyone who has a different view has now become a joke you kidding me? what has this place turned into a authoritarian cult I guess it has. Harass me all you want I'm not going anywhere call me a fake fan all you want but I'm a passionate fan and what I see is a mess I hope I'm dead wrong though.

    You sound like you’ve been watching too many videos by that Australian lunatic on YouTube. I suggest waiting for the film before fully throwing your toys out of the pram. The whole thing is a bit of subversion, if you don’t like the concept, cool, but stop acting like the series is crumbling. It’s relentless, boring and wrong.

    No I don't care for concept I think I made that clear. It could be there is potential with this film but like I said I hope I'm wrong. And no I don't watch his videos. You have a problem with my opinions well I guess you will have to live with it then this is just some of the frustrations I feel and I'm sure their are other people on here who don't say a peep and feel the same way because they don't want to be harassed.
    Walecs wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans and really is there as basically an extra Bond to do what at the end of the film take over if they aren't booting Bond why have her. I think making her a person that is trained by Bond and turned bad would be a great and make sense how many heroes do we need in this film this isn't the avengers this is Bond. Bond should be the main show the entire time everyone else side pieces if they want another bond go make another franchise. Yeah you can change with the times without destroying the foundation here it seems they are clear at destroying the foundation and when you do that your film sinks yeah the action looks good but doesn't matter if the whole thing is falling apart and why even do this film at all after Spectre it was a good send off what is there more to tell Barbara craig said he didn't care to come back they wasted 5 years on a film just so Barbara could show us fans a politics she cares about in film with Bond instead because she feels its important. Create something new with a new Bond. No Barbara just wants to show a hodge podge of a mess of an era that clearly makes no sense at all and means nothing. Why did they create a 007 logo to begin with if all this time it's just a gimmick same with Blofeld just a gimmick dr.no is now a gimmick Bond now a gimmick because what's really important is politics and pushing it in people's faces. Me as a fan likes changes but it doesn't mean all changes are necessary and good both of these apply to this film. Just my two cents in a rambling rant this place has become toxic anyone who has a different view has now become a joke you kidding me? what has this place turned into a authoritarian cult I guess it has. Harass me all you want I'm not going anywhere call me a fake fan all you want but I'm a passionate fan and what I see is a mess I hope I'm dead wrong though.

    You sound like you’ve been watching too many videos by that Australian lunatic on YouTube. I suggest waiting for the film before fully throwing your toys out of the pram. The whole thing is a bit of subversion, if you don’t like the concept, cool, but stop acting like the series is crumbling. It’s relentless, boring and wrong.

    +1

    Also, @007Blofeld please use some dots or commas and occasionally break lines because reading your post was tiring (I'm not insulting you, I'm just saying that breaking lines makes reading much more pleasant).

    @Walecs its how I write sorry I tend to write scrappy
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 7,527
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans and really is there as basically an extra Bond to do what at the end of the film take over if they aren't booting Bond why have her.

    Stopped reading here. If you really think she's "only 'their' [sic] to piss off fans" then you're just an angry child who has no idea what they're talking about. And that's aside from the horrific grammar.

    It's a fresh and exciting take on a franchise that's existed for 24 films to introduce a new character like Nomi to be Bond's parallel in the 21st century. As stated before, if the two characters are put together and can learn something from one another through the course of the story then all the better for her inclusion.

    Very excited to see what's coming in April.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,126
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans and really is there as basically an extra Bond to do what at the end of the film take over if they aren't booting Bond why have her.

    Stopped reading here. If you really think she's "only 'their' [sic] to piss off fans" then you're just an angry child who has no idea what they're talking about. And that's aside from the horrific grammar.

    It's a fresh and exciting take on a franchise that's existed for 24 films to introduce a new character like Nomi to be Bond's parallel in the 21st century. As stated before, if the two characters are put together and can learn something from one another through the course of the story then all the better for her inclusion.

    Very excited to see what's coming in April.

    @NickTwentyTwo I'm a passionate adult fan I would name call back but I'm mature enough. Thank you very much thank you for the name calling i guess that's now ok here and making fun of my grammar some of it I can't help ok think before you lash insults at people because one day you will regret every word and trust me you will. Good for you really I hope too feel the same I'm trying but it doesn't seem to be working.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 7,527
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans and really is there as basically an extra Bond to do what at the end of the film take over if they aren't booting Bond why have her.

    Stopped reading here. If you really think she's "only 'their' [sic] to piss off fans" then you're just an angry child who has no idea what they're talking about. And that's aside from the horrific grammar.

    It's a fresh and exciting take on a franchise that's existed for 24 films to introduce a new character like Nomi to be Bond's parallel in the 21st century. As stated before, if the two characters are put together and can learn something from one another through the course of the story then all the better for her inclusion.

    Very excited to see what's coming in April.

    @NickTwentyTwo thanks for the name calling i guess that's now ok here and making fun of my grammar some of it I can't help ok think before you lash insults at people because one day you will regret every word.

    I don't think I'll regret every word one day. I come here for news on the latest Bond film but all it seems like there is now is hate towards women and POC disguised as critique towards certain aspects of the film (all towards the Nomi character). If there's ever going to be a female James Bond fan that feels welcome in this community this expired ideology needs to die off and the sooner the better. The film franchise is making exciting changes to a formula that's over half a decade old and it should be welcomed, not fought.
    I don't know why I've come back here so many times just to be infuriated by the ignorance here, and I'm sure by now the moderators are tired of me. Don't worry about me anymore @007Blofeld, I'm done.
  • Posts: 1,314
    How is she any more of an “sjw” or “feminist” than

    Anya amasova
    Dr goodhead
    Jinx
    Wai lin
    Christmas jones
    Madeleine
    Moneypenny in skyfall
    Olga kurylenko
    Natalya in GE

    Remember those 2 teenage girls saving bond in TMWTGG

    All you’ve seen so far is tabloid speculation intended to bait the right wing and some stills and about 12 seconds of footage.

    And you fell for it.

    IMO
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 15,117
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans -

    I don't really have to read much more of that to know it's nonsense. No offence, but of course she isn't only there to piss off the fans. The number of serious fans is pretty small compared to number of people who go to watch these films: EON don't aim any part of these films at fans at all- they aim them at the mass audience. And they certainly don't aim to piss anyone off... it's just silly to say that.

    007Blofeld wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans and really is there as basically an extra Bond to do what at the end of the film take over if they aren't booting Bond why have her.

    Stopped reading here. If you really think she's "only 'their' [sic] to piss off fans" then you're just an angry child who has no idea what they're talking about. And that's aside from the horrific grammar.

    It's a fresh and exciting take on a franchise that's existed for 24 films to introduce a new character like Nomi to be Bond's parallel in the 21st century. As stated before, if the two characters are put together and can learn something from one another through the course of the story then all the better for her inclusion.

    Very excited to see what's coming in April.

    @NickTwentyTwo thanks for the name calling i guess that's now ok here and making fun of my grammar some of it I can't help ok think before you lash insults at people because one day you will regret every word.

    I don't think I'll regret every word one day. I come here for news on the latest Bond film but all it seems like there is now is hate towards women and POC disguised as critique towards certain aspects of the film (all towards the Nomi character).

    There have been an awful lot of people complaining about the Nomi character recently, all with a wide variety of different reasons. It is... suspicious. And Ana De Armas' character, despite being a similarly ass-kicking female superspy as far as we know, is apparently great and above criticism...
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Posts: 4,247
    I don't think anyone is particularly thrilled about Lynch playing a 00 agent or 007 for that matter. But am not totally dismissing the idea, coz I keep seeing Daniel Craig as James Bond & Nomi isn't going to do a Gunbarrel sequence or have the Bond theme or 007 theme played for her. Maybe after the film, we'll know where Lynch falls under in the pantheon of Bond girls....she might be liked, she might not be....all in all, the film will play a pivotal part on the verdict....so it's best the film is seen first.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    mtm wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans -

    I don't really have to read much more of that to know it's nonsense. No offence, but of course she isn't only there to piss off the fans. The number of serious fans is pretty small compared to number of people who go to watch these films: EON don't aim any part of these films at fans at all- they aim them at the mass audience. And they certainly don't aim to piss anyone off... it's just silly to say that.

    I agree with the general sentiment of your post (as in: 90% of what is made on screen is made to appeal as many people as possible) but I'd argue that there are a few things which are inserted only for us fans - Oberhauser and The Hildebrand Rarity were most definitely dropped into Spectre for diehard fans. Of course these two things are so irrelevant in the film that the movie is not carried by them and I agree with what you said; Nomi wasn't written to piss off fans and the movie is mostly made to appeal to the audience - I'm just replying to your sentence "EON don't aim any part of these films at fans at all".
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Matt007 wrote: »
    How is she any more of an “sjw” or “feminist” than

    Anya amasova
    Dr goodhead
    Jinx
    Wai lin
    Christmas jones
    Madeleine
    Moneypenny in skyfall
    Olga kurylenko
    Natalya in GE

    Remember those 2 teenage girls saving bond in TMWTGG

    All you’ve seen so far is tabloid speculation intended to bait the right wing and some stills and about 12 seconds of footage.

    And you fell for it.

    IMO

    @Matt007 I don't know how else to explain it but this is different and if I fell for why you guys all talking about if it is truth. If it's not true why talk about it if its tabloid garbage.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans and really is there as basically an extra Bond to do what at the end of the film take over if they aren't booting Bond why have her.

    Stopped reading here. If you really think she's "only 'their' [sic] to piss off fans" then you're just an angry child who has no idea what they're talking about. And that's aside from the horrific grammar.

    It's a fresh and exciting take on a franchise that's existed for 24 films to introduce a new character like Nomi to be Bond's parallel in the 21st century. As stated before, if the two characters are put together and can learn something from one another through the course of the story then all the better for her inclusion.

    Very excited to see what's coming in April.

    @NickTwentyTwo thanks for the name calling i guess that's now ok here and making fun of my grammar some of it I can't help ok think before you lash insults at people because one day you will regret every word.

    I don't think I'll regret every word one day. I come here for news on the latest Bond film but all it seems like there is now is hate towards women and POC disguised as critique towards certain aspects of the film (all towards the Nomi character). If there's ever going to be a female James Bond fan that feels welcome in this community this expired ideology needs to die off and the sooner the better. The film franchise is making exciting changes to a formula that's over half a decade old and it should be welcomed, not fought.
    I don't know why I've come back here so many times just to be infuriated by the ignorance here, and I'm sure by now the moderators are tired of me. Don't worry about me anymore @007Blofeld, I'm done.

    Well that's your opinion and i respect it. Same here I also come for news. And don't play the female person of color card I've heard it too much I think it's great to have great female characters roles in films it's just the way this is used. Expired what men don't mean anything any more or our opinions and feelings I'm confused what you mean there. I'm glad they are bringing in more fans I just don't like the way they are doing it this way it feels too forced. Ignorance to what all I'm doing is stating my opinion am I obligated to agree with you not really. I think your fine we have a misunderstanding. Sorry if I'm jotting down replies. @NickTwentyTwo
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 15,117
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is particularly thrilled about Lynch playing a 00 agent or 007 for that matter.

    I think that's a bit of a sweeping statement. I am looking forward to seeing how they've decided Bond will react to a new 007.

    Walecs wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think she looks awesome :)

    I don't think she should die. To kill her would be really lazy in my opinion. There would be so many more interesting avenues you could go down. As @peter says it's better if she learns something from the experience, and I'd personally prefer if they teach each other something. Skyfall was about how the old ways are the best, well why can't No Time to Die be about the old and the new working in tandem.

    And people say they don't see the point of her character... What? What's the point in any of them? It seems to me the only Bond girl that could've been written out is Ana de Armas, and people aren't going to start saying there's no point to her because they're physically attracted to her or already appreciate her as an actress. But then it does make me wonder if Nomi was played by a different, more "attractive" actress, the reaction would be a lot different.

    Basically, they're trying something new with the formula. It makes realistic sense for there to be a new 00 (007 or not) and for her to be a woman. It's funny how people say how much they appreciate the James Bond franchises ability to change with the times, but then in the same breath will complain when they continue to do so.

    Again, what have we seen so far that makes Daniel Craig not seem like James Bond? Nothing because he is James Bond whether there's another 007 or not, and it's already been confirmed that James Bond won't be a woman, and we know whoever plays him next will be 007 so what's the probem? Nadda.

    To me she seems pointless because she only is their to piss off fans -

    I don't really have to read much more of that to know it's nonsense. No offence, but of course she isn't only there to piss off the fans. The number of serious fans is pretty small compared to number of people who go to watch these films: EON don't aim any part of these films at fans at all- they aim them at the mass audience. And they certainly don't aim to piss anyone off... it's just silly to say that.

    I agree with the general sentiment of your post (as in: 90% of what is made on screen is made to appeal as many people as possible) but I'd argue that there are a few things which are inserted only for us fans - Oberhauser and The Hildebrand Rarity were most definitely dropped into Spectre for diehard fans. Of course these two things are so irrelevant in the film that the movie is not carried by them and I agree with what you said; Nomi wasn't written to piss off fans and the movie is mostly made to appeal to the audience - I'm just replying to your sentence "EON don't aim any part of these films at fans at all".

    Well maybe HIldebrand was, but even then you don't have to be a fan to know the James Bond books- plenty of people have read them. Oberhauser is just them using what Fleming wrote (and extrapolating it a bit of course to create extra history for Bond, but Oberhauser was part of Bond's youth in the books): I don't think it's any more of a fan nod than using a character called Solange in Casino Royale.

    I guess you could say the various nods to the old films in Die Another Day were perhaps for the more fan-minded, yeah.. But as you say, they're not going to put a major character in there just for the fans, and especially not to piss them off. That would just be pointless in every way. They've put Nomi in there because she's a main character and is part of the plot.
  • Posts: 309
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    i think people just don't like "this" team up as its similar to jinx. the female Bond

    She didn’t work for MI6 though: apparently it’s only the MI6 ones which are bad..? It’s a very confusing set of rules.

    I know it was their first attempt at the idea. because Bond is supposed to be the only one at MI6 i guess not anymore. I guess they hadn't got to their point across about female empowerment lessons and a women only society. kill bond now and watch the whole audience and fans roar in excitement look at us we are pc now. give us a gold star.
    peter wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    i think people just don't like "this" team up as its similar to jinx. the female Bond

    We don't know if it's similar to Jinx-- and hopefully not since Fukunaga is a superior story-teller and wouldn't stoop to the stereotypical "yo momma" idiocies of DAD.

    @peter well i wouldn't be shocked by anything anymore its the last bond film of a current bond and preproduction has been a disaster. he probably kept the tampon thing in and added some things to make sure bond fans are educated on womens issues. (sent you a DM)

    This is satire, right?

  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Posts: 4,247
    Yeah, @mtm...that's why I said 'particularly thrilled'....you might be slightly thrilled...but are you over the moon to go see Nomi as 007?. Am not saying I totally dislike the idea. But am not that crazy about it.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Posts: 4,043
    .
    Burgess wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    i think people just don't like "this" team up as its similar to jinx. the female Bond

    She didn’t work for MI6 though: apparently it’s only the MI6 ones which are bad..? It’s a very confusing set of rules.

    I know it was their first attempt at the idea. because Bond is supposed to be the only one at MI6 i guess not anymore. I guess they hadn't got to their point across about female empowerment lessons and a women only society. kill bond now and watch the whole audience and fans roar in excitement look at us we are pc now. give us a gold star.
    peter wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    i think people just don't like "this" team up as its similar to jinx. the female Bond

    We don't know if it's similar to Jinx-- and hopefully not since Fukunaga is a superior story-teller and wouldn't stoop to the stereotypical "yo momma" idiocies of DAD.

    @peter well i wouldn't be shocked by anything anymore its the last bond film of a current bond and preproduction has been a disaster. he probably kept the tampon thing in and added some things to make sure bond fans are educated on womens issues. (sent you a DM)

    This is satire, right?

    I'm afraid not, someone has their knickers in a bunch, his crystal ball is remarkable though.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Shardlake wrote: »
    .
    Burgess wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    i think people just don't like "this" team up as its similar to jinx. the female Bond

    She didn’t work for MI6 though: apparently it’s only the MI6 ones which are bad..? It’s a very confusing set of rules.

    I know it was their first attempt at the idea. because Bond is supposed to be the only one at MI6 i guess not anymore. I guess they hadn't got to their point across about female empowerment lessons and a women only society. kill bond now and watch the whole audience and fans roar in excitement look at us we are pc now. give us a gold star.
    peter wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    i think people just don't like "this" team up as its similar to jinx. the female Bond

    We don't know if it's similar to Jinx-- and hopefully not since Fukunaga is a superior story-teller and wouldn't stoop to the stereotypical "yo momma" idiocies of DAD.

    @peter well i wouldn't be shocked by anything anymore its the last bond film of a current bond and preproduction has been a disaster. he probably kept the tampon thing in and added some things to make sure bond fans are educated on womens issues. (sent you a DM)

    This is satire, right?

    I'm afraid not, someone has their knickers in a bunch, his crystal ball is remarkable though.

    @Shardlake did you not read the mods post? It was a bit satire. I wish people would stop name calling.
  • Posts: 309
    dragonsky wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Another random thoguht...

    I am 99% sure they'll tease the end of Craig/the new Bond in this movie

    They tried that in the last movie with Bond riding into the sunset

    I wouldn't be surprised if NTTD ends with a "cliffhanger" as in

    Nomi dies near the end

    M talks to Craig: So...there's a spot that needs to be filled... we are one double-oh short....do you have any ideas who should be the new 007?

    Craig smirks..

    The end

    Idk, I am like pretty sure they'll do some meta thing with Craig/007

    For thirty seconds, I also thought Nomi would die-- as @Shardlake can tell you. Now I feel CF wants her to learn something and it's Bond who sacrifices something that frees her; she, the younger generation, will learn from this Old Dog and will realize that things can't be played by the book.

    Who is CF?

    Hmm..interesting take. Cause I think the dynamic will be different, as in Bond will try to do things "old school" and Nomi will be more "not by the book" type of agent, so Bond will have to deal with him being the "normal" one for a change since he is usually the reckless one

    In the Entertainment Weekly group interview Lynch explains the exact opposite about her character. To paraphrase, Lynch describes Nomi as capable but unwilling to admit when she doesn’t know something. Nomi is “by the book” to a fault. She’s more of a teacher’s pet.

    It’s clear their relationship starts off as antagonistic but I think both will soften as they learn more about each other, in and out of battle. While not an exact mentor/pupil scenario, I think that Nomi will learn from Bond and mature as an agent.
    People are overacting about this.

  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Posts: 8,049
    Burgess wrote: »
    dragonsky wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Another random thoguht...

    I am 99% sure they'll tease the end of Craig/the new Bond in this movie

    They tried that in the last movie with Bond riding into the sunset

    I wouldn't be surprised if NTTD ends with a "cliffhanger" as in

    Nomi dies near the end

    M talks to Craig: So...there's a spot that needs to be filled... we are one double-oh short....do you have any ideas who should be the new 007?

    Craig smirks..

    The end

    Idk, I am like pretty sure they'll do some meta thing with Craig/007

    For thirty seconds, I also thought Nomi would die-- as @Shardlake can tell you. Now I feel CF wants her to learn something and it's Bond who sacrifices something that frees her; she, the younger generation, will learn from this Old Dog and will realize that things can't be played by the book.

    Who is CF?

    Hmm..interesting take. Cause I think the dynamic will be different, as in Bond will try to do things "old school" and Nomi will be more "not by the book" type of agent, so Bond will have to deal with him being the "normal" one for a change since he is usually the reckless one

    In the Entertainment Weekly group interview Lynch explains the exact opposite about her character. To paraphrase, Lynch describes Nomi as capable but unwilling to admit when she doesn’t know something. Nomi is “by the book” to a fault. She’s more of a teacher’s pet.

    It’s clear their relationship starts off as antagonistic but I think both will soften as they learn more about each other, in and out of battle. While not an exact mentor/pupil scenario, I think that Nomi will learn from Bond and mature as an agent.
    People are overacting about this.

    I think this is exactly it. The trailer depicted a cocky and slightly arrogant character, but I think it's very much surface level stuff. There's more to her than that. She's likely going to make a mistake or two and grow throughout the film to whatever end. It'll be interesting to see.
Sign In or Register to comment.