No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Entertainment Weekly has a Bond exclusive

Best photos of Lashana yet!
    jb_nttd_1_76342783498439843.jpg

Daniel Craig faces off with supervillain Rami Malek in No Time to Die, his explosive final James Bond film
    Go behind-the-the scenes of the 25th 007 adventure.

https://ew.com/movies/2020/01/21/daniel-craig-rami-malk-no-time-to-die-cover/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=photo&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=D41855D6-3C50-11EA-A1ED-31DDFCA12A29
    What the hell happened to Daniel Craig? Did he go to therapy? Is that what it feels like when getting to your 50s? He's brilliantly happy and at ease. Unrecognisable, really. I genuinely feel happy for him. Way to go, Dan. I suppose Jamie Lee Curtis was an publicity coach of some sorts to him :-D Congrats, man.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    A great piece there. Everyone should give it a read :)
    Denbigh wrote: »
    A great piece there. Everyone should give it a read :)

And the video (around the very small coffee table) is awesome.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited January 2020 Posts: 1,165
    Sounds like Blofeld will have a bigger presence in the story than we previously assumed.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2020 Posts: 2,541
    b25_03640_r.jpg?w=2400&h=1600
    "Bond is lured back into the spy game by his old CIA pal Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright), who asks him for help rescuing a kidnapped scientist (David Dencik from Top of the Lake). This leads Bond to Cuba and onto the trail of Malek’s mysterious Safin. “He’s really a mean old thing,” says Broccoli of the villain. In the movie’s trailer, Safin also appears to have facial scarring. “Let’s just say that there are some immense challenges [he] has faced in his life,” says Malek. In addition to Bond, Swann, and Leiter, other returning characters include Ralph Fiennes’ M, Naomie Harris’ Moneypenny, Ben Whishaw’s Q, Rory Kinnear’s Tanner, and Christoph Waltz’s SPECTRE chief Ernst Stavro Blofeld, whose life Bond spared at the end of the last installment. “Blofeld is in Belmarsh Prison,” says Broccoli. “[But] he’s actually communicating to the SPECTRE agents.”

This does confirm that David Dencik is playing the kidnapped scientist and Blofeld is still communicating with Spectre agents. Especially the part in Havana.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Minion wrote: »
    Sounds like Blofeld will have a bigger presence in the story than we previously assumed.

I'm not surprised, to be honest :)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Yep. Plus, Safin is a man who considers himself a "savior". Someone able to solve one of Earth's biggest problems... in quite a definitive way.

Mankind? :D
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    This feature is very juicy and the video too it actually makes me settle down worries a bit.
    matt_u wrote: »

Yep. Plus, Safin is a man who considers himself a "savior". Someone able to solve one of Earth's biggest problems... in quite a definitive way.

Mankind? :D

We’ve been assuming he’s SPECTRE, but now I’m wondering if Safin is actually a rogue element. Gosh, each article they release makes things even more unclear, and I love it! :D
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2020 Posts: 7,526
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Looks like the world premiere is set.

Cool, thanks for this. Good post.

Reported for spam

@NickTwentyTwo what I do this is the production thread about the same film isn't the premiere apart of things or did someone already announce the premiere announcement.

Sorry this was directed at the other user; maybe this isn't the way things are handled on this forum though so I'll keep quiet next time.
    mtm wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    I can hear both, but in terms of the trailer and the construction of the story it’s trying to tell the viewer it makes no sense to be ‘him’.
    Unless, and I’m just playing Devil’s advocate, he’s not talking to Bond. At the moment he says it the person he’s speaking to is barely visible; both Bond and Swann are wearing dark suits. it could be Swann. In which case the “ him” is probably Bond.
    But, if he’s talking to Bond and says “him” then he’s talking about Safin.

If that were the case the trailer would make it clear: if it was Bond he was talking about we’d be shown that he’s taking to someone else. For the audience watching the trailer it doesn’t make sense unless we’re shown who he’s taking about.
    Imagine a movie trailer you’re watching the first time and a character says “I love that guy!” and you’re not shown who they’re talking about or why they’re saying that: it’s just a random line and won’t sell the film to you at all. Do you understand what I mean? It wouldn’t be ‘him’ in this trailer otherwise the trailer doesn’t make sense.

Absolutely not true, Trailers frequently mislead to protect the plot.
    So when , M says, ‘ Where’s 007?”, are we positive he’s talking about Craig?

No you haven’t understood at all. That’s a completely different thing and actually proves my point: he says that and then it immediately cuts to a shot of Bond being in a foreign country, apparently doing nothing. So the story of the trailer (not necessarily the film) is that M is looking for Bond and he’s effectively hiding in Jamaica. That’s a simple bit of storytelling which the trailer editor has assembled: it’s clear who M is supposed to be talking about (whether or not in that scene ‘007’ refers to Bond or not). If it’s misleading or not regarding the actual plot is irrelevant: more important is that it makes sense in the trailer.

This scene is the opposite of that if Blofeld had said ‘him’: there is no cut to establish who the subject of that sentence is. We have no idea who ‘him’ would refer to (completely unlike the ‘007’ of the part you highlight) so we can’t care and it doesn’t make sense. Remember I’m talking about the trailer construction, not the film.

Great explanation.
    b25_03640_r.jpg?w=2400&h=1600
    "Bond is lured back into the spy game by his old CIA pal Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright), who asks him for help rescuing a kidnapped scientist (David Dencik from Top of the Lake). This leads Bond to Cuba and onto the trail of Malek’s mysterious Safin. “He’s really a mean old thing,” says Broccoli of the villain. In the movie’s trailer, Safin also appears to have facial scarring. “Let’s just say that there are some immense challenges [he] has faced in his life,” says Malek. In addition to Bond, Swann, and Leiter, other returning characters include Ralph Fiennes’ M, Naomie Harris’ Moneypenny, Ben Whishaw’s Q, Rory Kinnear’s Tanner, and Christoph Waltz’s SPECTRE chief Ernst Stavro Blofeld, whose life Bond spared at the end of the last installment. “Blofeld is in Belmarsh Prison,” says Broccoli. “[But] he’s actually communicating to the SPECTRE agents.”

This does confirm that David Dencik is playing the kidnapped scientist and Blofeld is still communicating with Spectre agents. Especially the part in Havana.

This quote is especially telling: “He’s really a mean old thing.”
    delfloria wrote: »
    BTW way, is Q making a joke about Bond being dead or is there a cover story misdirecting people that he is dead?
    I’m pretty sure he said “bread,” as in, “So you’re not bread.” Pointing out jokingly that Bond is in fact not bread.

LOL................. good one.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 1,165
    Who did those fotos for EW, and why did they mashup Fox Mulder into Graig's face?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Léa Seydoux is back as French psychologist Madeleine Swann — at the beginning of No Time to Die she's living peacefully in Jamaica with a retired Bond, but we all know that nothing last forever in 007 world.

https://ew.com/movies/no-time-to-die-ew-cover-shoot/?slide=6600642#6600642
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2020 Posts: 7,526
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Who did those fotos for EW, and why did they mashup Fox Mulder into Graig's face?

Definitely some strange photoshopping/airbrushing going on here, reminds me of:
    liveandletdie__48285.1450566304.jpg?c=2
    It's Jeff Bridges from TRON: Legacy all over again!
    boldfinger wrote: »

Definitely some strange photoshopping/airbrushing going on here, reminds me of:
    liveandletdie__48285.1450566304.jpg?c=2
    Woah, I never saw that! So glad I bought the blu rays as a collection :-)).

More stills, including a new look at Safin!

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I like that shot of Bond and Felix; the one of him pushing Madeline around is a great shot too.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Will we see Safin take part in the action? @Minion
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    One new still in slider with Rami & Cary

• edited January 2020 Posts: 68
    Contraband wrote: »

Why do you keep posting things that other people have already posted? Do you even read the thread before you post in it? This is a community. A bit of give and take is needed, and you need to take your ego out of the equation, as it were. People have already weighed in and done the digging, and it's disrespectful. It's also spam. If this behaviour does not change, the mods will become involved.

Let's try to keep our standards up here gentlemen... keep the British end up as it were :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,951
    Contraband wrote: »

Why do you keep posting things that other people have already posted? Do you even read the thread before you post in it? This is a community. A bit of give and take is needed, and you need to take your ego out of the equation, as it were. People have already weighed in and done the digging, and it's disrespectful. It's also spam. If this behaviour does not change, the mods will become involved.

Let's try to keep our standards up here gentlemen... keep the British end up as it were :)

People here -myself included- like Contraband and value his input; you won’t win any friends having a go at him.
  • It is frustrating to me as a Bond fan - this thread is the best source of news. Hard to read when it's spam posts of info that people have already shared, or copy/pastes of interviews Rami Malek did to promote season 5 of Mr Robot. It smacks of ego. Cheers.

I'm hoping to highlight some positive behaviour change on these boards. Look to the Commanderbond forums for what a healthier community looks like. Cheers.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Off you go then, @Safin_Unmasked .
    Please go to that forum and stay. Good luck there and don't let the door hit you on the way out (my dear departed friend, SirHenry, had a more apt and succinct way of putting that ...).
    It would mean a bit more peace here, less harping and sniping at others, and that would be nice. 'Bye.

Meanwhile, we have this article and great new photos. I think a new, longer trailer should be pretty soon.