No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    talos7 wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the scene in the cell where Blofeld tells Bond the foster brother thing was just a joke to play with his head in SPECTRE.

...before revealing they're REALLY biological brothers.

Written by Rian Johnson

Written by JJ Abrams and Chris Terrio seems more appropriate...

Yup, definitely.

I'm also looking forward to that scene so will finally get settled on whether Blofeld said "it'll be the death of you" or "it'll be the death of him" (hint: it's the former)

I saw the trailer on the big screen, prior to the excellent 1917, with 5 other people, all heard “him” 🤔

Good for them. All the international versions of the trailer have the voice actors and the subtitles say you, the trailer editor confirmed it's you and logic based on the speech and who said hints that it's you.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I'm looking forward to the scene in the cell where Blofeld tells Bond the foster brother thing was just a joke to play with his head in SPECTRE.

Written by Rian Johnson

Yup, definitely.

I'm also looking forward to that scene so will finally get settled on whether Blofeld said "it'll be the death of you" or "it'll be the death of him" (hint: it's the former)

I saw the trailer on the big screen, prior to the excellent 1917, with 5 other people, all heard “him” 🤔

Haha I've actually flipped on this; watched the trailer countless times and was on your side, but my girlfriend (raised in Southampton and in Germany, where her family currently resides) watched it with me and told me it was "you", we watched it together and talked a lot about it (lol nerds) and I've come to the "you" side. Sorry Talos!
    EDIT: She also knew basically right away why Americans might interpret it as "him".
    Lol, gotta go with the girlfriend 😏

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Written by Rian Johnson

Yup, definitely.

Haha I've actually flipped on this; watched the trailer countless times and was on your side, but my girlfriend (raised in Southampton and in Germany, where her family currently resides) watched it with me and told me it was "you", we watched it together and talked a lot about it (lol nerds) and I've come to the "you" side. Sorry Talos!
    EDIT: She also knew basically right away why Americans might interpret it as "him".
    Lol, gotta go with the girlfriend 😏

I feel the reasoning speaks for itself.
    Hopefully, they’ll do another live stream.

Written by Rian Johnson

Yup, definitely.

Good for them. All the international versions of the trailer have the voice actors and the subtitles say you, the trailer editor confirmed it's you and logic based on the speech and who said hints that it's you.
    “ Good for them”? That’s fine, I respect your opinion, and it very well be “ You” . No need to be an ass.
    It's not an opinion, the editor who worked on the trailer said it himself. Surely he knows better than we do?
    It's not an opinion, the editor who worked on the trailer said it himself. Surely he knows better than we do?
    Yes, but it an interesting phenomenon that even knowing this, a substantial number clearly hear “him”

Yes, but it an interesting phenomenon that even knowing this, a substantial number clearly hear “him”

Agreed. As far as I know there is a branch of science which studies this kind of phenomenons.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/16/611701171/yanny-or-laurel-why-people-hear-different-things-in-that-viral-clip?t=1579555689462
    👍🏼
    I hear "him". How strange is that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I can hear both, but in terms of the trailer and the construction of the story it’s trying to tell the viewer it makes no sense to be ‘him’.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 7,980
    mtm wrote: »
    I can hear both, but in terms of the trailer and the construction of the story it’s trying to tell the viewer it makes no sense to be ‘him’.
    Unless, and I’m just playing Devil’s advocate, he’s not talking to Bond. At the moment he says it the person he’s speaking to is barely visible; both Bond and Swann are wearing dark suits. it could be Swann. In which case the “ him” is probably Bond.
    But, if he’s talking to Bond and says “him” then he’s talking about Safin.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Why not 'him' could be that kidnapped scientist.

Why not 'him' could be that kidnapped scientist.
    Good point...

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I don't know why this discussion is continuing. Blofeld says "You" in the trailer.

It sounds him "Him" to some people. How our bodies function is quite interesting. But the word used is "You," not "Him."
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,957
    Unless, and I’m just playing Devil’s advocate, he’s not talking to Bond. At the moment he says it the person he’s speaking to is barely visible; both Bond and Swann are wearing dark suits. it could be Swann. In which case the “ him” is probably Bond.

If that were the case the trailer would make it clear: if it was Bond he was talking about we’d be shown that he’s taking to someone else. For the audience watching the trailer it doesn’t make sense unless we’re shown who he’s taking about.
    Imagine a movie trailer you’re watching for the first time and a character says “I love that guy!” and you’re not shown who they’re talking about or why they’re saying that: it’s just a random meaningless line without context and won’t sell the film to you at all. Do you understand what I mean? It wouldn’t be ‘him’ in this trailer otherwise the trailer doesn’t make sense- ignore what it could be in the actual film and just look at how the trailer has been edited together.

If that were the case the trailer would make it clear: if it was Bond he was talking about we’d be shown that he’s taking to someone else. For the audience watching the trailer it doesn’t make sense unless we’re shown who he’s taking about.
    Imagine a movie trailer you’re watching the first time and a character says “I love that guy!” and you’re not shown who they’re talking about or why they’re saying that: it’s just a random line and won’t sell the film to you at all. Do you understand what I mean? It wouldn’t be ‘him’ in this trailer otherwise the trailer doesn’t make sense.

Absolutely not true, Trailers frequently mislead to protect the plot.
    So when , M says, ‘ Where’s 007?”, are we positive he’s talking about Craig?

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

Imagine a movie trailer you’re watching the first time and a character says “I love that guy!” and you’re not shown who they’re talking about or why they’re saying that: it’s just a random line and won’t sell the film to you at all. Do you understand what I mean? It wouldn’t be ‘him’ in this trailer otherwise the trailer doesn’t make sense.

I think it is quite obvious that he isn't, as Bond won't be a 00 at this point.

I'll be very surprised if that isn't Nomi he is referring then it will cut to Jamaica, when Bond meets Nomi for the first time she might reveal to him or they might leave it for later but in that moment he says, I'm pretty sure he isn't referring to Bond.
    Shardlake wrote: »

I'll be very surprised if that isn't Nomi he is referring then it will cut to Jamaica, when Bond meets Nomi for the first time she might reveal to him or they might leave it for later but in that moment he says, I'm pretty sure he isn't referring to Bond.
    Absolutely, but the trailer restructures it to look as if he’s talking about Bond.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

Absolutely, but the trailer restructures it to look as if he’s talking about Bond.

Totally agree, like you say trailers can be misleading and deliberately to protect the story, I think there is all sorts of misdirection in that trailer personally.

There is so much of this film we just don't know and while we'll possibly get some more insight in Trailer 2 it still will keep its real secrets till the film is released.

I think EON learned from the last time round and have been playing their cards very close to their chest. Hence all this talk of last minute, I don't think any of it is last minute.

Waller Bridge, Burns, Zimmer etc this has all been going on much before it was leaked/revealed.

• duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited January 2020 Posts: 138

It could take place near the final act where it is very possible that he will be 007 again...
  • RC7RC7

Written by Rian Johnson

Yup, definitely.

You’re all deaf.
    RC7 wrote: »

Written by Rian Johnson

Yup, definitely.

You’re all deaf.
    😆

Well, it could be after Bond walked back to MI6 and he was given his old codename back or maybe M still thinks of Bond as 007 as in "you may have left the service but you'll always be a 00 agent to me" way (a spy is never out of the game, after all). I'm just playing Devil's advocate here, I'm fairly sure it refers to Nomi - just saying that we can't rule that out.
  • RC7 wrote: »

Written by Rian Johnson

Yup, definitely.

You’re all deaf.

It's 'him'.
    Pretty sure it's "us".
  • Walecs wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's "us".

After all this debate it may not even make it to the final cut!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Looks like the world premiere is set.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2020 Posts: 7,526

Written by Rian Johnson

Yup, definitely.

You’re all deaf.

It's 'him'.

I’ve spoken with the editors and it’s actually “Jim”, referring, of course, to Jimbo. NTTD will reveal that James Bond’s step brother is actually Jack Wade.

Written by Rian Johnson

Yup, definitely.

You’re all deaf.

It's 'him'.

I’ve spoken with the editors and it’s actually “Jim”, referring, of course, to Jimbo. NTTD will reveal that James Bond’s step brother is actually Jack Wade.

YES!