Odd One Out

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MR is not about starting a war? (I know that has to do with the villains scheme, not sure what "nothing" means exactly)
    @Thunderfinger Afraid not. I’ll give this clue: it has something to do with Bond himself.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Bond is never wearing a helmet in TSWLM?

You’re very, very warm! Not a helmet...
    Don't know the word, something like a headset? He's wearing it in the space shuttle, on the jet and when he enjoys the view with little nellie. But not in TSWLM.
    Don't know the word, something like a headset? He's wearing it in the space shuttle, on the jet and when he enjoys the view with little nellie. But not in TSWLM.

Not headgear. Something he wears in three of the films but not one.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s

How do you even think these things up? It would never have occurred to me to think of clothing but now it has been mentioned pretty sure MR is OOO as we see Bond in his British Navy uniform in the other three.

How do you even think these things up? It would never have occurred to me to think of clothing but now it has been mentioned pretty sure MR is OOO as we see Bond in his British Navy uniform in the other three.

@Max_The_Parrot has it! The Royal Navy uniform is worn by Connery in YOLT, Moore in TSWLM, and Brosnan in TND, but sadly not by Moore in MR. I'm hoping it makes a comeback soon myself! @goldenswissroyale you came very close and got me to reveal that it was something Bond wore. If you and @Max_The_Parrot would like to decide between yourselves who will come up with the next set that would be great!

Good puzzle @FoxRox - if someone had asked me which films does Bond wear his uniform I could name them no problem but it never came to mind at all when presented as an OOO, so @goldenswissroyale’s inspired guesses are far more impressive to my mind, I’m happy to pass the next round and see if I can crack it the hard way 👍

You know, my brain is full of bond trivia. Problem is, there isn't that much capacity left for stuff like birthday dates if friends and names of co-workers etc.
    No, no, Max is the winner, I didn't think about the uniform until now. Your turn @Max_The_Parrot.
    OK thanks I’ll give it a go, will try and think of one for tomorrow 🤞
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    MR: Bond not in Royal Navy uniform.
  • TSWLM is the only one with no scenes set in outer space.
    This round is already solved by Max with exactly the answer that @RichardTheBruce found out, too. Sorry, a few hours before and you would have been the winner.
    Apologies, that was posted from the previous page before I saw the next page's answers.

I especially like the connections between those 3 films, good one @goldenswissroyale and good solving @Max_The_Parrot. Looking forward to the next one in 2027.

Definitely no apologies necessary, this can happen to all of us. And I'm sure you will win your next round much earlier than in 2027! Good luck!
    edited January 2020 Posts: 12,988
    [Next version of YOLT/TSWLM/TND to continue the connection of course!]
    OK here we go, the following all have something in common, but which is the odd one out

LALD FYEO DAD
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    OK here we go, the following all have something in common, but which is the odd one out

LALD FYEO DAD

Well, of the three, Die Another Day is the only film to star Pierce Brosnan... ;)
    True, but not the answer.
    LALD, Bond does not ride in a helicopter.
    Is LALD the odd man out because Q does not appear in the movie?
    Good thoughts but not that. All three films have something in common, once you’ve found the (right) common link, one of the films will stand out as the OOO. 🤞
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,388
    LALD is the first and DAD the last time where Bond smokes a cigar. In FYEO someone else smokes a cigar (when I rember it right...maybe Columbo?) FYEO is the ooo...
    Very clever, but not the answer. I will say Bond isn’t involved in this OOO.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    DAD features an Ice Palance. FYEO features ice skating. LALD doesn't feature ice at all therefore LALD is odd one out.

It’s not that - there’s something that all 3 films have, once you find that one of them should stand out as OOO.

It’s nothing to do with behind the scenes etc, it’s something or someone you see on-screen.

I’ll drop a clue tomorrow if no-one gets close.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Okay reaching on this but what the heck! :)

LALD---Kananga is not who he seems using make up to become Mr. Big
    FYEO---Kristatos is not who he seems. Telling Bond "The Dove" is who he should be following. Really ending up as the villain
    DAD---Col Sun uses the gene therapy to change his appearance to Graves.

FYEO is odd one out as the villain didn't use make up or tech to change his appearance.
    I like your idea @thedove . Smart guess.