No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    Well, this article confirms that
    the Boyle script was completely scrapped.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Thanks @DeerAtTheGates enjoyed reading that :)>-
    Shame they keep referring to it as No Time To Kill.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Thanks @DeerAtTheGates that was an interesting read. It'll be interesting when they cast a new Bond by the sounds of the article. Also I liked how Michael G Wilson was self aware enough and understood that Die Another Day went too fantastical and they had to bring it back down to earth.

I wonder what Barbara Broccoli keeps hinting at, with this big epic love story running throughout the heart of the film?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Thanks @DeerAtTheGates that was an interesting read. It'll be interesting when they cast a new Bond by the sounds of the article. Also I liked how Michael G Wilson was self aware enough and understood that Die Another Day went too fantastical and they had to bring it back down to earth.

I wonder what Barbara Broccoli keeps hinting at, with this big epic love story running throughout the heart of the film?

Same he finally gets married maybe and wife not killed.
    Roll on March 2020 when we get to hear to new title song! :-bd
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'm 1.3k postings behind on this and therefore not aware of the present status, but just stumbled across the following on the LA Times website. Can't vouch for any significance, but here's the link:

latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2020-01-15/james-bond-woman-producer-barbara-broccoli
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I'm 1.3k postings behind on this and therefore not aware of the present status, but just stumbled across the following on the LA Times website. Can't vouch for any significance, but here's the link:

latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2020-01-15/james-bond-woman-producer-barbara-broccoli

Full article is above you on this page, exclusive with BB and MGW worth a read.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    D C arriving at JFK today

8s0NiyX.jpg
    zIGNLrX.jpg
    Vb26pQM.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Looks like he's still on the James Bond fitness plan-- he's looking very lean. Can always see it in his face when he's "enjoying life"... He's still quite chiselled... Will miss him greatly in this role, but I am enjoying everything leading into this last ride...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    peter wrote: »
    Looks like he's still on the James Bond fitness plan-- he's looking very lean. Can always see it in his face when he's "enjoying life"... He's still quite chiselled... Will miss him greatly in this role, but I am enjoying everything leading into this last ride...
    Indeed, there’s definitely a difference in how he looks in the Heineken spot than he does in NTTD, where he is in full beast mode.
    Contraband wrote: »

8s0NiyX.jpg
    zIGNLrX.jpg
    Vb26pQM.jpg

From James Bond... .to Harry Palmer!
    New mini teaser with footage from the trailer

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Mathis1 wrote: »

8s0NiyX.jpg
    zIGNLrX.jpg
    Vb26pQM.jpg

I really wouldn’t mind a Palmer reboot at some point. He had some unique qualities.
    mtm wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »

8s0NiyX.jpg
    zIGNLrX.jpg
    Vb26pQM.jpg

I really wouldn’t mind a Palmer reboot at some point. He had some unique qualities.

A big +1 to this!
    @matt_u Since you're italian, is it possible for you to track down this newspaper/article and translate/post? Maybe it's just about what Craig is wearing. If so, don't bother

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,343
    @matt_u Since you're italian, is it possible for you to track down this newspaper/article and translate/post? Maybe it's just about what Craig is wearing. If so, don't bother

Nothing significant. Besides the stylist surprise, he says that Craig wanted to wear some of his clothes. Then, Alba says that this clothes resonates within a smoother and "more poetic" portrayal of the character. He believes EoN was up to finding a new "sensibility" in this portrayal, a Bond more subtle and less cheeky, whatever that means.
    matt_u wrote: »

Nothing significant. Besides the stylist surprise, he says that Craig wanted to wear some of his clothes. Then, Alba says that this clothes resonates within a smoother and "more poetic" portrayal of the character. He believes EoN was up to finding a new "sensibility" in this portrayal, a Bond more subtle and less cheeky, whatever that means.

Ok. Thanks for the help
    Here's one to take with a grain of salt of course but...Universal Pictures Russia is giving exhibitors an estimated runtime of...174 minutes
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Red_Snow wrote: »

The quotes from Alba are basically the same.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Here's one to take with a grain of salt of course but...Universal Pictures Russia is giving exhibitors an estimated runtime of...174 minutes

Even if legit it doesn’t mean 174 minutes will be the final runtime. Having said that, I wouldn’t be surprised if the film will run for, let’s say, 155/160 minutes.

That’s wild if true.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    That's crazy.
    A couple of months before release Disney gave a 155 minutes runtime for TRoS. Then, the film ended up running for 142.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

I've seen the runtime listed as 150mins in the US.

Looks like we're in for a long one.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

I've seen the runtime listed as 150mins in the US.

Looks like we're in for a long one.

Yeah for sure. Wasn’t the NTTD script 3 pages longer than the SP one? Something close to 150 minutes is what I’m expecting.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I doubt it's gonna be that long but it would be the best news ever if true. The Craig era would amount to a total of 726 minutes, which is like saying Craig did 6 movies instead of 5.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    I hope that we can get back to less bloated runtimes after the Craig era. I think it’s the reason why I adore QoS so much even despite all the problems with it.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    talos7 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Indeed, there’s definitely a difference in how he looks in the Heineken spot than he does in NTTD, where he is in full beast mode.

I think it came up somewhere, and I agree: this ad was shot some time ago. I thought it was even earlier than this article states here:

https://adage.com/creativity/work/f1-team/55340
    BB and MGW have described the film (basically) as both emotionally epic and epic in cinematic scope. I think we are in for a substantial film and a good 140 - 150 min run time. Personally, I love the long Bonds like OHMSS, CR and SF, so I'm very happy to spend two and half hours in the company of Mr. Bond and everything that goes with him.