No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,018
    The long version has been taken down now. I have a copy though but not sure it's worth the effort messing around with it.

If anyone wanna see it, DM me

EDIT: Maybe just blocked out in Sweden?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

It's still up
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 6,677
    He looks way better in the film, fortunately. But the ad is quite fun, as it should be :)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    If there's no talk about NTTD, then why post it?
    You don't need to post every day.

You're 43 posts in and telling others what to do on these forums... @Contraband is an incredibly valuable member here; he could post pictures of his own face on here every day and I'd value it more than your contributions.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    If there's no talk about NTTD, then why post it?

You probably don’t need to post this every day.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I loved it. Very funny, great cinematography, and locations. Daniel was on point, and seemed really into it. My favorite scene is when he opens the door to the laundry room. And the chase music was added perfectly.

Slight nitpick i have is, i wish they had kept the grandpas in the 7 minute version. I liked that gag.
    @NickTwentyTwo and @Univex

Thank you so much for the kind words. Much appreciated.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 7,526
    Contraband wrote: »
    Full 7 min ad. I have it saved just in case.

Brilliant. Reminds me of Johnnie Walker Blue's commercials with Jude Law.
    Univex wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    That ad is from 2006 - you can tell from the cellphone.
    Could this be a decoy from Heineken to throw us off the scent before the real ad drops?

The ad is from 2020. You can tell by Daniel Craig's face.

Safin_Unmasked is likely a subtle troll.

Thanks for snagging the ad, @Contraband!

(Yes, I suspect we all know him from a previous iteration).

@Contraband is, as usual, the man. Thank you.

"Safin_Unmasked is dead... the man speaking with you now, the man inside your head... is PanchitoPistoles..."

Just kidding, I have no idea! :D
    Double Post
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Realizing and understanding the ads I realise now how brilliant these are.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,957

Ha! Thanks for that; it’s fun. Probably longer than it should be considering there’s almost no payoff, but fun nevertheless. Interesting to see the difference in tone between that and the shorter versions: they’re much more playful.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Could this be a decoy from Heineken to throw us off the scent before the real ad drops?

"Safin_Unmasked is dead... the man speaking with you now, the man inside your head... is PanchitoPistoles..."

PanchitoPistoles was much more refined than Safin_Unmasked. He would never attack someone for posting too often - in fact I don't think he ever attacked people or called names. He was just a provocateur.
    They're most definitely two different people.
    Walecs wrote: »

PanchitoPistoles was much more refined than Safin_Unmasked. He would never attack someone for posting too often - in fact I don't think he ever attacked people or called names. He was just a provocateur.

I'm sure you're right.

LOVE Daniel as James Bond... things like this ad just reinforce how great I believe he is in the role.

If you're a fan, I'd definitely recommend you check this out as well:

(Oh yeah, also featuring our pal Giancarlo Giannini :D)

Comparing the short and long version, much faster pace in the short plus with the Bond theme. The long one is just .. too long and saggy but the end is really funny. Did not except that from him at the bar. Hahaha
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,957
    Yeah it’s a bit weird at the end: I didn’t get what he’s supposed to be thinking there: why’s he so strangely content? Just the beer? My mate is an ad director so it’s interesting to chat to him about this sort of stuff, and I couldn’t say that’s a hugely well-directed ad. Not the end of the world though.

Is he supposed to be driving home? Why does he get in the wrong side of the car? :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Walecs wrote: »

I'm sure you're right.

LOVE Daniel as James Bond... things like this ad just reinforce how great I believe he is in the role.

If you're a fan, I'd definitely recommend you check this out as well:

(Oh yeah, also featuring our pal Giancarlo Giannini :D)

That was fun! Thanks :)
    Why all these different versions of the add?
    Getafix wrote: »

Probably just to generate buzz over the internet, in communities like this :)
    I just want to see the UK version
  • If there's no talk about NTTD, then why post it?

You're 43 posts in and telling others what to do on these forums... @Contraband is an incredibly valuable member here; .

I guess you value 900 boring clips of Aston Martins driving around corners in Matera and talk show clips of Rami Malek NOT talking about NTTD more than I do. Enjoy.

I'm just saying as someone who lurked here for the last five years and has to scroll through pages and pages and pages and pages of NOTHING to get to the odd bit of news or halfway interetsing speculation, this forum is a nightmare.

Does anyone think Lashana Lynch will be seen eating a meal in the film? Is Billy Magnussen called Ash - SOMEONE ANSWER ME DAMN IT. Will David Dencik appear in a white shirt BEFORE the 43 minute mark of the movie or after? Questions questions! Let's all speculate! Will the song be WOVEN or WEAVED into the score?

NOBODY KNOWS!!!! STOP ASKING!!!!!

This forum has been bad for my mental health I am struggling.... I am unemployed 2 months now, had to have a really little Christmas... I have lost my eyesight, legally blind in 2 eyes, have to use an "e-reader" to browse te site, and it takes a lot of energy, and when I see the Bond 25 thread updated with 100 news posts and then find out it's just Contraband posting Instagram images of Linus Sandgren eating Subway or 007Blofled asking "will James Bond be played by Danile Craig in this movie, is it confirmed yet", it feels like a waste of energy.. i am in fincancial problems too, deep debt..

giphy.gif
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @Safin_Unmasked if the forum is affecting your mental health that’s not MI6 Community to blame. Nor any of the members.
    If you’re in financial difficulties again that’s not the forum or any of the members issue.
    However your troll like posts and argumentative manner are a problem. I suggest you re-evaluate yourself, maybe if your health is at risk consider not posting.
    Either way you’re a member that the mods will be keeping a very close eye on.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 68
    You are not the problem here NickTwentyTwo... I value your contributions, I just ask you to accept a higher standard from other forum members... let's make things better and start fresh :)
  • Benny wrote: »
    @Safin_Unmasked if the forum is affecting your mental health that’s not MI6 Community to blame. Nor any of the members.
    If you’re in financial difficulties again that’s not the forum or any of the members issue.
    However your troll like posts and argumentative manner are a problem. I suggest you re-evaluate yourself, maybe if your health is at risk consider not posting.

Thank you @Benny. This has been a wake up call, I will take a break for my mental health. Cheers.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Benny wrote: »

Thank you @Benny. This has been a wake up call, I will take a break for my mental health. Cheers.

Wish you the best, and a fresh startos.
    Getafix wrote: »

Probably just to generate buzz over the internet, in communities like this :)

The most likely answer is that the 7 min version is a director's cut not approved by Heineken or EON.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Uh hold up

In the ad's youtube description, it says in the bottom, "Keep an eye out for the latest No Time To Die Trailer coming soon".
    Uh hold up

In the ad's youtube description, it says in the bottom, "Keep an eye out for the latest No Time To Die Trailer coming soon".

Oh daaaaaaaamn! Maybe Heineken are involved in the launch of it
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited January 2020 Posts: 1,165
    delete, wrong thread
    Chezzus christ and what not.. Daily Trash had to write something about the ad and then fill out the story with old idiot stuff like "I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists" and Lashana being 007

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7887369/James-Bond-star-Daniel-Craig-pokes-fun-suave-007-persona-new-advert.html