NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

ertert wrote: »
    So how sure are we that character posters are coming today. Seemed like that came from some random website and I can't find info about anywhere else.

I've got the confirmation from Universal Pictures. It's about to be revealed.

Thank you friend. Grateful for your inside scoops throughout this production.
    The Malek poster makes it seem like he’s been aged.

Maybe there's some truth the flashback scene ...

I thought that at first, but given that there's no grey in his hair, I'm inclined to think it's just scarring which makes sense since
    the mask was partially blown off in the leaked set photos as opposed to the undamaged in he is wearing in the teaser
    Awesome character posters. Kind of surprised no Felix, M, or Moneypenny though. Maybe later?
  • Malek looks like Dr. No.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Malek looks like Dr. No.

He does not.

Are you doing this to troll or?
    Appears that Craig is wearing the same outfit in this poster as he is in the Empire magazine photo, just without the sweater. The pants and leg holster look the same.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,548
    Appears that Craig is wearing the same outfit in this poster as he is in the Empire magazine photo, just without the sweater. The pants and leg holster look the same.

Indeed.

I thought that at first, but given that there's no grey in his hair, I'm inclined to think it's just scarring which makes sense since
    the mask was partially blown off in the leaked set photos as opposed to the undamaged in he is wearing in the teaser

The "flashback" theory has never held water with me.
  • JamesCraig wrote: »
    Malek looks like Dr. No.

He does not.

Are you doing this to troll or?

I beg your pardon? Just because I have an opinion you have not, doesn't make me a troll.

Your behaviour on the other hand...
    TripAces wrote: »

Indeed.

The "flashback" theory has never held water with me.

I can see plausible arguments on both sides of it. The flashback has a clear explanation of what/who is there. If it's not a flashback it gets far more mysterious. Do you have any theories?
  • I'm really digging how our Bond girls are shaping up. Madeleine looks even more beautiful than what she did in SP, and seeing Ana de Armas holding two guns like that is everything I needed and more!
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,165
    A Q one but not a Moneypenny one?
    There are a few other characters missing as well. We might have a second set of character posters coming later with the rest: M, Moneypenny, Tanner, Felix, Dali Benssalah, David Dencik, and Billy Magnussen. Oh, and Waltz of course!
  • Why are we not talking about the issues that really matter?!?!?
    Q has new glasses!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Why are we not talking about the issues that really matter?!?!?
    Q has new glasses!

He's morphing into Rachel Maddow!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    James is looking like he means business there. I don’t know what you did, but I’d stop it as he’s spotted you doing it and he’s not happy!
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    They better show Malek's character at this point. Up until now there's nothing to get excited about for the villain (other than Malek himself which for me personally isn't much).

Well, that's what they (finally) did, no? :|

Indeed. I posted that as the posters dropped.
  • Excellent character posters! Everyone looks great so far.
    Yeeeey time to overreact based on pictures

Hmm let's see

Bond looks..nice. I like it. I still feel like this will be the first movie that Craig aged (at least his face)
    Idk how that will work with the movie dynamic and will that be the main plot of the movie

Swann looks...same old boring uninteresting Swann. I really don't like the character :(

Malek looks like he had chemistry thrown into his face....realistic face deformation? Or something like that? Idk if I would've liked it more to be over the top or not. I like it tho, seems interesting but nothing extraordinary. If I want to overreact I'd say he 1% looks like Dr. No and I really really really hope those fan theories are wrong

Nomi looks like a soldier. Which is why it felt weird seeing her in the Aston Martin. In the pictures she looks like a soldier, tame person who just kicks and fights and doesn't care about looking cool or talking a lot. So this photo is like 180 degrees different than what we saw from her in the trailer which means......the pictures may have nothing to do with the actual characters :D

Q looks...too handsome tbh haha. I feel like they made Wishaw an eye candy instead of an older wiser person. I guess that's what women like these days?

Ana looks..well nothing like what I expected/hoped. Will she be a villain? I hope not. Will she only have one scene where she's some undercover agent and shoots and dies and that's it? Idk, I don't know what to expect from this, I would've liked if she was more of a femme fatale....and I feel like she'll be, but the picture doesn't reveal much.

Oh well, less than 24 hours till the trailer and to us finally getting soem answers as to what to expect from the movie.

So far we know that we can expect great cinematography <3

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,861
    Here's a nice big version from Twitter:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EK3S5ojWoAAZrLE?format=jpg&name=large

So you can spot the watch a bit closer! :)
    Ok I may be reading too much into this but I think I see some salt & pepper in Rami's hair which lends credence to the flashback theory. Can't tell if those marks on his face are scars or from age.

He also did say in an early interview that this will be "different" from how we usually see him, though maybe that was just referring to playing a villain finally.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I wonder if we'll get character posters for the Aston Martins? :)
    The cars seem massively important to this film- how many did they manage to cram into that 14 second teaser? Five? Six? :D
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,311
    I liked this Tweet (and it wonderfully explains the cars without headlights that we saw in Matera):

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,861
    zebrafish wrote: »
    I liked this Tweet (and it wonderfully explains the cars without headlights that we saw in Matera):

Well we saw the gatling guns there- that shot of it doing doughnuts and deploying smoke had them firing.
    I'm kind of hoping he tries the old machine guns first and then -literally- gets the big guns out :D
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,834
    [post removed]
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    This is shaping up to be the best Bond film since Spectre

:))
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Regarding Maleks face. It has scars or something similiar. One of the special make-up artists on NTTD is Pippa Woods and this is some of her previous make-up jobs. If she and the teaam can do that, then scaring Malek's face shouldn't be a problem.

NFp9eqY.jpg
    Wuw55da.jpg
    ZobrKpL.jpg

(Yeah, I know it's the trailer thread.)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I quite like those character posters, definitely an improvement on what we've had lately. Digging Craig's outfit there, too, I've wanted to see him in something akin to that in this era (so hopefully it sticks and isn't just a promotional outfit or anything).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I quite like those character posters, definitely an improvement on what we've had lately. Digging Craig's outfit there, too, I've wanted to see him in something akin to that in this era (so hopefully it sticks and isn't just a promotional outfit or anything).

Although that jumper is a bit weird with the pull cords and everything!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    mtm wrote: »

Casual, yet tactical!
    Looks navy issued.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »

Casual, yet tactical!

Ha! :D