Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

Lots of super hero movies there!!!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    3gl66y.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Thing is, there was much despair at the idea of Guardians Of The Galaxy, an unknown quantity if ever there was one. So, it isn't about what they give us, but how well they present the finished article.

I agree though there must be a slump at some point, and maybe over exposure will bring it on. Feige must be confident in what he is going to give us.
    First trailer for Black Widow:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    853cgtxlkd241.jpg
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I don't think I knew Rachel Weisz and David Harbour were in this but its a pleasant surprise
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690
    The trailer looks like a mix of Jason Bourne/Mission: Impossible. I read after watching the trailer that Black Widow has the same cinematographer as M:I Fallout. I will be there day one for this, it seems very close to Winter Soldier in terms of hand-to-hand combat, which still remains my favorite of the MCU films. David Harbour seems like he will be a blast to watch, really love him as an actor.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I expected something grounded and realistic to spy genre, this looks a bit like Hobbs & Shaw.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Oh mate, I can tell you now that my daughter is going to LOVE that!
    I expected something grounded and realistic to spy genre, this looks a bit like Hobbs & Shaw.

Haven't seen Hobbs & Shaw, but I know already that I will see this movie with both my daughters since they dig the Black Widow so much since the first movie.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    SaintMark wrote: »

Haven't seen Hobbs & Shaw, but I know already that I will see this movie with both my daughters since they dig the Black Widow so much since the first movie.

Enjoy :) although I didn't saw Hobbs and Shaw in theaters. I am fan of Scarlett just not Black widow. I will watch it later at home.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Oh Scarlett how I love thee. ^:)^
    antovolk wrote: »
    First trailer for Black Widow:

Certainly looks fun!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Stephen Graham (Boardwalk Empire, This Is England, Snatch, The Irishman) joins the cast of Venom 2.

https://deadline.com/2019/12/venom-2-stephen-graham-cast-irishman-rocketman-boardwalk-empire-actor-1202801847/
    The only reactio I can have to this piece of news :

https://www.newsarama.com/48335-u-s-government-recognizes-wakanda-as-a-trade-partner-by-accident.html

Snicker, Snort, BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!!
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Gerard wrote: »
    The only reactio I can have to this piece of news :

https://www.newsarama.com/48335-u-s-government-recognizes-wakanda-as-a-trade-partner-by-accident.html

Snicker, Snort, BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!!
    I had to laugh out loud reading that link description :-)).

My spider sense tells me some dude allowed himself a joke. I don´t believe that´s by accident.
    Martin Scorcese had a funny Christmas, thanks to his daughter :

https://www.cbr.com/martin-scorseses-daughter-marvel-gift-wrapping/
    Final X-Men film before they join the MCU in the (near) future?

edited January 2020 Posts: 15,690

Wow?! I wonder what or who he will play?
    The first trailer for Sony's Morbius is due to arrive in the coming days. The film itself is releasing on July 31, 2020.
    The first trailer for Sony's Morbius is due to arrive in the coming days. The film itself is releasing on July 31, 2020.

this is still happening? I heard nothing about this since Leto's casting and always assumed like a bunch of other films it wasn't happening
    Risico007 wrote: »

this is still happening? I heard nothing about this since Leto's casting and always assumed like a bunch of other films it wasn't happening

Filming took place from February 2019 to June 2019. The cast features Jared Leto, Adria Arjona, Matt Smith, Jared Harris, and Tyrese Gibson, and is directed by Daniel Espinosa (Safe House, Life). The next Sony-Marvel film, Venom 2, started filming in November 2019, for a October 2020 release.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Filming took place from February 2019 to June 2019. The cast features Jared Leto, Adria Arjona, Matt Smith, Jared Harris, and Tyrese Gibson, and is directed by Daniel Espinosa (Safe House, Life). The next Sony-Marvel film, Venom 2, started filming in November 2019, for a October 2020 release.

Wait, filming took place? I don't even remember hearing about it until summer 2019.

Wait, filming took place? I don't even remember hearing about it until summer 2019.

Morbius comes out this July, and the trailer is about to arrive, so yes filming took place in the first half of 2019. Leto and director Espinosa were officially confirmed in June 2018. They were actually behind schedule by a few months, as Sony wanted to start principal photography in late 2018. The Sony-Marvel follow-up, Venom 2, is also currently being filmed for the past 2 months, as noted in the above post.
    Alright I will definitely check out the trailer
    Scott Derrickson, the director of Doctor Strange, drops out of the sequel due to creative differences with Marvel.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-director-scott-derrickson-drops-out-marvel-1203462569/
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Let me guess: Scott wanted to deliver on that horror movie promise, and Marvel got cold feet.
  • Shame. Multiverse of Madness was one of my most anticipated phase 4 movies. I suspect this movie will lose it's horror edge and probably get pushed back now. I guess I've still got Love and Thunder.