No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Eliot Sumner's album, Information, is absolutely fantastic by the way. I was blown away by the quality of songwriting and production. Seems to have passed everyone by.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,834
    So... thus far, the Craig-era will be a narrative quintet... and yes size does matter ;)

P.S: I can't believe I went to this much effort haha :D

KRF6ju9.jpg
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 2,593
    Agent7F wrote: »
    In addition to the three Aston Martin cars announced, the new DBS Superleggera will appear in No Time To Die.

I hope 007 drive them all. I mean Daniel Craig drive them all Aston Martin. Good thing about Daniel Craig as James Bond 007 I think he an Aston Martin fan

As much as I love Aston Martin, having all these Astons in one film is product placement overkill. Aside for the Vantage, they’re all similar colors too. Why not a black one thrown into the mix? Hypothetically, if Bond were to drive all of them that would be ridiculous.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    69814071_246244796257519_5066748377800965033_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=107

An old one from Bari, Italy.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2019 Posts: 14,861
    Bounine wrote: »
    Agent7F wrote: »
    In addition to the three Aston Martin cars announced, the new DBS Superleggera will appear in No Time To Die.

I hope 007 drive them all. I mean Daniel Craig drive them all Aston Martin. Good thing about Daniel Craig as James Bond 007 I think he an Aston Martin fan

As much as I love Aston Martin, having all these Astons in one film is product placement overkill. Aside for the Vantage, they’re all similar colors too. Why not a black one thrown into the mix? Hypothetically, if Bond were to drive all of them that would be ridiculous.

Yes, four does seem silly. I'm hoping the DBS is just in the background in Q's lab or something.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Clapper Board Signed by “No Time To Die” James Bond Movie Cast
    https://charitystars.com/liveproduct/clapper-board-signed-by-james-bond-no-time-to-die-movie-cast

resizedcrop-641f3ff3c8464192701f32a9113df3dc-840x480.jpg

Calling out to all James Bond fans!

Bring home this unique clapper board signed by the cast of “No Time to Die”, the upcoming spy film from the James Bond series!

Scheduled for theatrical release on 3 April 2020, No Time to Die is the 25th movie of the James Bond series and it will be the fifth and final time for the super secret agent to be played by Daniel Craig!

This clapper board comes directly from the set and has been signed by filmaker Cary Joji Fukunaga and the cast: Daniel Craig, Lashana Lynch, Rami Malek, Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli, Lea Seydoux and Dali Benssalah!

Based on the fictional books character agent James Bond, “007", created by Ian Fleming, British film series James Bond is one of the longest film series in history, as it has been in on-going production from 1962 to the present.

Certificate of authenticity included.
    Kindly donated by EON Productions.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well I hope that makes lots of money.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    https://charitystars.com/liveproduct/clapper-board-signed-by-james-bond-no-time-to-die-movie-cast

Bring home this unique clapper board signed by the cast of “No Time to Die”, the upcoming spy film from the James Bond series!

Scheduled for theatrical release on 3 April 2020, No Time to Die is the 25th movie of the James Bond series and it will be the fifth and final time for the super secret agent to be played by Daniel Craig!

This clapper board comes directly from the set and has been signed by filmaker Cary Joji Fukunaga and the cast: Daniel Craig, Lashana Lynch, Rami Malek, Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli, Lea Seydoux and Dali Benssalah!

Based on the fictional books character agent James Bond, “007", created by Ian Fleming, British film series James Bond is one of the longest film series in history, as it has been in on-going production from 1962 to the present.

"... the fifths and final time ..." comes from CharityStars.com, not from EON, right?
    I don't think there ever was an official statement from EON regarding this topic. Barbara will do anything to get Craig back for Bond 26.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Charity is such a big thing in the UK. Much more than in The Netherlands. But I have my ethical doubts about this; it maintains class differences, and it only appeals to the rich upper class of society. I personally believe EON should do something for the fans. Let forummembers of MI6community donate an amount, maximum €10,-, and then after it a draw on here will be organized :-). Sometimes I relish the idea of donating money to a good cause more than 'the highest amount of money donated, will win'. Yes, lots of money willthen go to this charity, but it also maintains class differences this way. I prefer a government to be a sole investor to such good causes.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2019 Posts: 14,861
    We're having a go at Eon for maintaining class differences now? Yet another wannabe 'Bond producer' making Bond Fandom negative... :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Charity is such a big thing in the UK. Much more than in The Netherlands. But I have my ethical doubts about this; it maintains class differences, and it only appeals to the rich upper class of society. I personally believe EON should do something for the fans. Let forummembers of MI6community donate an amount, maximum €10,-, and then after it a draw on here will be organized :-). Sometimes I relish the idea of donating money to a good cause more than 'the highest amount of money donated, will win'. Yes, lots of money willthen go to this charity, but it also maintains class differences this way. I prefer a government to be a sole investor to such good causes.

The only thing Eon owe the fans is a good film, imo.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 1,314
    Charity in the Uk does not appeal solely to the rich upper classes at all. Many volunteers are not rich - People who run community groups or children donating to local homeless people as they do in my kids school. Nor are people who donate and buy from charity shops. What a ridiculous thing to say.

And eon do plenty for the fans. There’s 24 films you can watch any day of the week.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

I am sure this will go for a pretty penny or two!!!
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    Barbara will do anything to get Craig back for Bond 26.
    If Barbara still wants to get Craig back for BOND 26, that means NTTD is not the definitive ending of the Craig era and will not wrap up and conclude Craig's Bond's storyline. Which would be highly disappointing.
    If Barbara still wants to get Craig back for BOND 26, that means NTTD is not the definitive ending of the Craig era and will not wrap up and conclude Craig's Bond's storyline. Which would be highly disappointing.

Really don’t care about this at all. Just make a good bond film.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

I agree with you on this point. I have a worry that NTTD will feel added on just to the Craig era like Spectre felt like a forced culmination of the previous Craig films. The creatives involved have quelled this fear for the most part but I do hope this is the real end to the Craig era and that he goes out with a smash hit.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Fresh photos:

"Filming the high speed scenes for the new Bond movie on Salisbury Plain Wiltshire Uk"

Contraband wrote: »
    Fresh photos:

"Filming the high speed scenes for the new Bond movie on Salisbury Plain Wiltshire Uk"

Interesting! Here they are a bit larger:

70513352_680549529015296_6074588129942819800_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fosl3-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=108
    72272153_2122463144722406_4484747986397484290_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fosl3-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=102
    70794634_158006805306368_7842165923729746755_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fosl3-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=108

Looks like the same car(s)/number plate(s) we saw in Norway.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,343
    It seems another Russian plate... I'm starting to believe that Norway could really double for Russia.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241
    matt_u wrote: »
    It seems another Russian plate... I'm starting to believe that Norway could really double for Russia.

I fear that will be the case (not that I was any optimistic Norway would feature as Norway in the first place).
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

That'd be interesting.

I wonder if we have any more big stunt sequences planned over the next few weeks in the UK?
    AM I right in thinking that locations for this sequence are Norway, Scotland and Wiltshire? They did film a chase on the ocean road in Norway with this car no?
    Matt007 wrote: »
    AM I right in thinking that locations for this sequence are Norway, Scotland and Wiltshire? They did film a chase on the ocean road in Norway with this car no?

Yes, they did:

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Whatever the location ends up being (although I’d prefer Norway), the sequences looks spectacular :)
  • The Knives Out premiere in London took place today. No Daniel Craig, but Ana De Armas was channeling her inner 007.

EGYTiikWsAIypoB?format=jpg&name=large

Also, more from Salisbury:

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

I fear that will be the case (not that I was any optimistic Norway would feature as Norway in the first place).

Of course it could be the same car in both locations. Maybe Norway is Norway, and Wiltshire is Wiltshire. Porton Down is in the area around Salisbury plain.
    The Aston Martin in TLD has the same plates throughout the movie, I'm sure then people didn't assume that Czechoslovakia (filmed in Austria) and the UK scenes were doubling for the same location.

Benny wrote: »

Of course it could be the same car in both locations. Maybe Norway is Norway, and Wiltshire is Wiltshire. Porton Down is in the area around Salisbury plain.
    The Aston Martin in TLD has the same plates throughout the movie, I'm sure then people didn't assume that Czechoslovakia (filmed in Austria) and the UK scenes were doubling for the same location.

It looks like the car(s) has Russian(?) number plates in both locations though. What would a car with plates like that do both in Norway and Wiltshire?

We know very little though, so who knows how this will fit in with the story.
    _______

Edit: Had a look at the number plate from the car in the photos above, as well as the cars featured at the Atlantic Road. The plates looks like they are from the same country:

72272153_2122463144722406_4484747986397484290_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fosl3-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=102
    HI 4341 2C 97

71151586.jpg?imageId=71151586&.jpgwidth=1024&height=615
    SL 2109 (6?)N 95

SL 2109 (6?)N 95 / DR 4908 (can’t make out the rest.)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited October 2019 Posts: 2,541
    The Knives Out premiere in London took place today. No Daniel Craig, but Ana De Armas was channeling her inner 007.

EGYTiikWsAIypoB?format=jpg&name=large

Also, more from Salisbury:

Damn, this girl can wear 'Everything or Nothing' and still looks gorgeous.
    That car footage seems more like a test drive than actual shot.
    Benny wrote: »

It looks like the car(s) has Russian(?) number plates in both locations though. What would a car with plates like that do both in Norway and Wiltshire?

We know very little though, so who knows how this will fit in with the story.
    _______

Edit: Had a look at the number plate from the car in the photos above, as well as the cars featured at the Atlantic Road. The plates looks like they are from the same country:

HI 4341 2C 97

71151586.jpg?imageId=71151586&.jpgwidth=1024&height=615
    SL 2109 (6?)N 95

SL 2109 (6?)N 95 / DR 4908 (can’t make out the rest.)

I wanted to see more of Norway but....
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Matt007 wrote: »

Yes, they did:

Not with this car, no: that is the new Land Rover Defender and it hadn't been seen anywhere in public at the point they filmed the Norway sequences. It did leak, but not until after that.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona

Why fear? Russia is an important nation in geopolitics atm :-). Ian Fleming dedicated an entire novel about it. So if written well, bring it on.