NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Univex wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    No, no, I really have to say, this is all a bit disconcerting.

Sure, it's not the end of the world, but they have a new Bond film on their hands, they have a Global day, and all they do is present us with title translations? Not even a single picture from the film? I mean, a single picture of Bond in the film would do. Or a snippet. Not to mention it being perfect timing for a teaser/poster release. They would even call attention to their Global day, globally I mean, since no one really knows about it but us fans.

Nah, I have to say they dropped the ball with this one today. They really did. I am always a huge supporter/fan/defender of EON and their (strange) ways. But not today if this is all we get. I'm all for incondicional love, but these guys are not my kids, I don't owe them incondicional love, no, no, my love for them must be conditional, and today, they don't get my love.

And worse, are they really attaching this teaser with Gemini Man? That's a sure Will Smith flop right there. A very low quality film. And that's the one they'll choose to go with the teaser for NTTD? Like I said, disconcerting.

Oh well, the day is long and all of that. Maybe they'll surprise us. But I'm starting to loose hope. Mind you, not that this a life altering situation, not that these are really serious matters, they aren't. But today I feel a bit mistreated. Not that they owe us incondicional love either. But a bit of love all around is always a good thing, right?

And title translations are just poor love.

It’s 11am.

Basically this.

Well yes, hence why I said it was still early.

But I don't know, something tells me it won't be today. And that's fine, as I said, I'm not expecting the teaser today, or the poster. A single picture from the film would be cool, though. I mean, something of interest to us fans and to do with NTTD. That's all.

Let's hope we get something by the end of the day.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sometimes I feel like...
    pdj07hgj1ea5.gif
    antovolk wrote: »
    No, no, I really have to say, this is all a bit disconcerting.

Sure, it's not the end of the world, but they have a new Bond film on their hands, they have a Global day, and all they do is present us with title translations? Not even a single picture from the film? I mean, a single picture of Bond in the film would do. Or a snippet. Not to mention it being perfect timing for a teaser/poster release. They would even call attention to their Global day, globally I mean, since no one really knows about it but us fans.

Nah, I have to say they dropped the ball with this one today. They really did. I am always a huge supporter/fan/defender of EON and their (strange) ways. But not today if this is all we get. I'm all for incondicional love, but these guys are not my kids, I don't owe them incondicional love, no, no, my love for them must be conditional, and today, they don't get my love.

And worse, are they really attaching this teaser with Gemini Man? That's a sure Will Smith flop right there. A very low quality film. And that's the one they'll choose to go with the teaser for NTTD? Like I said, disconcerting.

Oh well, the day is long and all of that. Maybe they'll surprise us. But I'm starting to loose hope. Mind you, not that this a life altering situation, not that these are really serious matters, they aren't. But today I feel a bit mistreated. Not that they owe us incondicional love either. But a bit of love all around is always a good thing, right?

And title translations are just poor love.

It’s 11am.

Basically this.

Well yes, hence why I said it was still early.

But I don't know, something tells me it won't be today. And that's fine, as I said, I'm not expecting the teaser today, or the poster. A single picture from the film would be cool, though. I mean, something of interest to us fans and to do with NTTD. That's all.

Let's hope we get something by the end of the day.

Yes, hope springs eternal ;)
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    That's true. Personally I'm not advocating for a trailer release today. Just something cool for us fans. A simple thing. A teasersish little thing.

Can we get Craig in a video turning to the audience and saying "The name's Bond. You know the rest." ? I'd settle for that, to be honest.

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    edited October 2019 Posts: 1,208
    Oh god, it’s awful!?! What’s going on EON
    Since that font is really great, it was a good choice to make the title so prominent in the first poster. I like it!
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    Definitely seems kind of lazy, no art work, just an oddly positioned craig with a mute background. Welp, the good news is this means a trailer and/or title track could be on the way right?!
  • Not a fan of the poster. It's lazy and boring. I've seen numerous better versions in the fan art thread. Poor effort. Also, Craig looks old...................................boring

EGHC1g-W4AAmjGE?format=jpg&name=medium
    skropper13 wrote: »
    Definitely seems kind of lazy, no art work, just an oddly positioned craig with a mute background. Welp, the good news is this means a trailer and/or title track could be on the way right?!
    The title track? That definitely won't be released before February 2020.
  • RC7RC7
    Yeah, I’ll have that. Title looks good.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think it’s better than the heavily photoshopped Spectre teaser poster, and remember it’s only the first poster.
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    skropper13 wrote: »
    The title track? That definitely won't be released before February 2020.

Someone had said they used this day in the past to release it. Just wishful thinking I guess ;)
    Just saw the tweet with the poster. Have to say it feels somewhat uninspired and flat. Looks like a still from the film with the typography and logos placed on top of it.

Surely they could have added a bit of "pop" to the contrast to make it stand out a bit more at least? That's my initial thoughts.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Number of days between first SF poster and first SF trailer: 4
    Number of days between first SP poster and first SP trailer: 11

Teaser trailer next week... if we are lucky...
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Not a fan of the poster. It's lazy and boring. I've seen numerous better versions in the fan art thread. Poor effort. Also, Craig looks old...................................boring

EGHC1g-W4AAmjGE?format=jpg&name=medium

Can someone Change that font colour might improve a bit, it shouldn't be white (black or red might be more appropriate) especially with that background.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Good grief, that poster is bland. So what can we gather from this piece of artwork?
    • Craig looks good in a tuxedo
    • Craig is looking old and a bit bored
    • The text isn't really popping out
    • MGM has its name on the poster twice
    • They still can't give us a good poster
    • This feels incredibly rushed
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited October 2019 Posts: 8,028
    The poster is absolutely fine, if completely uninspired. It does the job. But what really makes it disappointing to me is that the poster for THE RHYTHM SECTION blows it out of the water, despite also being a straightforward design. This really shouldn't be the case.

960x0.jpg?fit=scale
    The poster is absolutely fine, if completely uninspired. But what really makes it disappointing to me is that the poster for THE RHYTHM SECTION blows it out of the water, despite also being a straightforward design. This really shouldn't be the case.

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

This is a good teaser poster. It makes good use of contrast, unlike the NTTD one we just got.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    When the first Spectre teaser poster (talking about the teaser, not the announcement poster) came out, I thought it was an odd and underwhelming choice. By comparison, it was great. This poster is so uninspiring and borderline lazy. There’s absolutely nothing exciting about it. We don’t even get a glimpse of a gun which always give that sense of danger. And let’s not talk about the waste of such a good film’s logo, one of the best in Craig’s era, in such a boring poster.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    That wonderful shot of Craig in London walking in front of the DB5 should have being held back as the teaser poster IMO.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    HMBFF wrote: »
    When the first Spectre teaser poster (talking about the teaser, not the announcement poster) came out, I thought it was an odd and underwhelming choice. By comparison, it was great. This poster is so uninspiring and borderline lazy. There’s absolutely nothing exciting about it. We don’t even get a glimpse of a gun which always give that sense of danger. And let’s not talk about the waste of such a good film’s logo, one of the best in Craig’s era, in such a boring poster.
    I thought the Spectre teaser poster was even lazier. Heavily photoshopped to the point where it almost looked like Craig’s head had been photoshopped onto the body.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Sorry not DB5 the V8
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    WTF?! That is a poster? That can't possibly be a poster. I mean, I wouldn't put it in a wall, not even behind a door. Awful shot of Craig, I mean, his expression and all. Awful.

But...but...

I do like the colours, the saturation. The blue from the wall matching the blue from Craig's eyes. The fact that Craig is in a tux and that it's probably from the film itself.

Still, that is a poster?!?

Oh well, at least that's something, isn't it?

And so the people who said a poster and a teaser were ready for show, were right. Right?
    So I guess we may even get the teaser today!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »
    EON: Calls October 5th Global James Bond Day and announces a trailer is ready but releases nothing
    Fans: outrage
    EON:
    40f.png

They didn’t announce anything.

Pretty sure Antonvolk said that Babs confirmed a trailer is ready.
    So, I thought about it a bit more.

As a still from the film, I just LOVE it. I really really do.

As a poster, that's just a bit lame, isn't it?

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    EON: Calls October 5th Global James Bond Day and announces a trailer is ready but releases nothing
    Fans: outrage
    EON:
    40f.png

They didn’t announce anything.

Pretty sure Antonvolk said that Babs confirmed a trailer is ready.

To be fair, that's not the same as an actual announcement, but I know where you're coming from.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Perhaps they're building up with the poster, retweeting partners, and suddenly Kaboom!! The trailer drops this afternoon ??

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Abysmal poster. Nothing creative about it. They took whatever still they had, put the font over it, and called it a day. They are way too confident in their font. And they are WAY too confident that Craig is the sole reason to see the film. That’s why in great Bond posters we have more characters than just Bond. Bond is more than just Bond. Even if this is a still, it’s an uninteresting still at that.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    By the way, apparently it's a Greg Williams photo. He said so on his instagram, I think.

That would be a brilliant Bond on Set cover picture. Just not a poster for the film.