No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Check out Cary and Billy Magnussen's Instagram. Both him and Billy are in Crystal Palace Park doing a charity run.
    @Pierce2Daniel the videos are hilarious :)

Damn goodlooking blokes :-D!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Given SP ending, the presence of the DB5 in Matera is a given. Plus, last time we had a real chase with the DB5 was 55 years ago. 55. So there’s no room for complaining.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »
    Yeah and the SP chase felt special based on set photos,that was going to be the showstopper. Lets not hype anything too big until we see how it gets manipulated on screen.

My confidence that things would turn out well was descimated when they revealed the title, and I still haven't gotten over that (still call it Bond 25). For me there are too many bizarre decisions being made, and the inclusion of DB5 again is very eye-rolling. Its appearing in every film now, and for me indicates a servere lack of creativity. The same problem that the title IMO. How many times do we need "die" in the title?

And like a silent fart...
    Come on! Can one really not write anything negative about what we have heard and seen of NTTD so far without getting insulted? I have to agree with @Mendes4Lyfe , the title is lazy and the umpeenth return of the DB5 is uninspiring. (The end of Skyfall should have been the end of the DB5 in the Bond franchise.) Doesn't mean the chace scene won't be great, but I would have much rather seen the V8 Vantage even in Matera.

You can write whatever you want.

If Mendes won the lottery he’d attempt to self-immolate just to put a negative spin on it. ‘My confidence that things would turn out ok was decimated when the Camelot rep stopped me from setting fire to my own face’.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    matt_u wrote: »
    I don't see any problems in @Sani opinions. He just hates the idea of someone else portraying the agent 007, since you know, those movies are about Ian Fleming's James Bond 007. So I understand him. It's fair opinion. In the world, James Bond is associated to 007. The fact that EoN choose a black woman to "replace" him as the 00 agent, sounds even more outrageous from his perspective, since you know, sounds like a choice, as he sees things, driven by propaganda. I understands it, maybe he's even right, maybe Lynch choice was driven by both her talent and her color of skin - given the endless narrative about "It's time to a black Bond" - and this doesn't make him a racist. But I don't agree.

After 24 movies I like this Nomi idea. I think EoN found a smart way to throw a bone to all the "black Bond / Elba / female Bond" annoying narrative without destroying what makes Bond, Bond to most of the people. Nomi looks like a cool, tough character and honestly, after Bond quitted in SP, makes perfect sense to replace him with someone else at MI6. I think this brand new dynamic could create exciting good situations throughout the film. So I'm fine and excited to see what this groundbreaking event of Bond not being 007 in the film will bring, keeping in mind that obviously James Bond will be the main protagonist and the hero of NTTD. Something that throughout the web some people tend to forget.

The only thing that I worry a little is related to the finale. Will Bond die / supposedly die / quit again and the Craig era will wrap up with someone else, aka Nomi, as 007? That's something I don't like, on paper, especially in this era filled with the anxiety of "world building" franchise, but I obviously want to see the final product before making any statement.
    Cary Fukunaga seems to have built up quite the friendship with the cast, and that can only make the film better.

Well Billy is the only actor in the film who had previously worked with Cary, he stars in Maniac.

Hating stuff at this stage of filmmaking is just plain non-sensical. And saying that you stop being a Bond fan today, basically shows how conservative and orthodox you really are. Especially in a stage of production were we don't know many plot parts (unless you love to be spoiled). I think 'fans' like @Sani sometimes need to realize they are not actually employees on EON's payslip. Same goes for me. In this age of social media we sometimes ought to breathe in and out and try to find our inner patience and rationale again, instead of letting your emotions in your underbelly destroy all the good things of being a fan.

Obviously @Sani can have this opinion. But for fans like @Sani it's only logical that a strong counter-opinion arise in here. That's also a matter of opinion. And although I have shown my bits of criticism towards the franchise, which is then at least backed up by some research and facts, it is during moments like these where fans make such ridiculous notions, that I prefer to be a strong defender of the Bond-franchise. It makes me even more proud to be a Bond-fan then.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Yeah and the SP chase felt special based on set photos,that was going to be the showstopper. Lets not hype anything too big until we see how it gets manipulated on screen.

My confidence that things would turn out well was descimated when they revealed the title, and I still haven't gotten over that (still call it Bond 25). For me there are too many bizarre decisions being made, and the inclusion of DB5 again is very eye-rolling. Its appearing in every film now, and for me indicates a servere lack of creativity. The same problem that the title IMO. How many times do we need "die" in the title?

Come on! Can one really not write anything negative about what we have heard and seen of NTTD so far without getting insulted? I have to agree with @Mendes4Lyfe , the title is lazy and the umpeenth return of the DB5 is uninspiring. (The end of Skyfall should have been the end of the DB5 in the Bond franchise.) Doesn't mean the chace scene won't be great, but I would have much rather seen the V8 Vantage even in Matera.

You can write whatever you want.

If Mendes won the lottery he’d attempt to self-immolate just to put a negative spin on it. ‘My confidence that things would turn out ok was decimated when the Camelot rep stopped me from setting fire to my own face’.

You are my hero @RC7
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,043
    Double post.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 1,707
    This, along with Bond's foster brother Blofeld being behind EVERYTHING Bond has ever endured , undermined the entire Craig era for me. However it is still not enough to keep me from seeing the next Bond film. (now they are not exactly James Bond "007" adventures either).

EDIT: I cannot tell you how much I hate what they have done with the DB5 in the Craig era!! First he wins it in the Bahamas. Great! Bond won a DB5! It's his personal car! Then in SF the wheel is suddenly on the other side and the car has been outfitted with weapons from the 1960s!! WTF?! Okay, the car blows up, it's a big scene that's supposed to have weight. But no, the car is back in SP without any scratch. Q completely fixing the car entirely undermines the impact of that scene in SF when the car blows up. Not only that, Q is reprimanding Bond for destroying the car?!?! It's Bond's personal car, you obnoxious nerd!! It is not MI6 property!!

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2019 Posts: 14,951

EDIT: I cannot tell you how much I hate what they have done with the DB5 in the Craig era!! First he wins it in the Bahamas. Great! Bond won a DB5! It's his personal car! Then in SF the wheel is suddenly on the other side and the car has been outfitted with weapons from the 1960s!! WTF?! Okay, the car blows up, it's a big scene that's supposed to have weight. But no, the car is back in SP without any scratch. Q completely fixing the car entirely undermines the impact of that scene in SF when the car blows up. Not only that, Q is reprimanding Bond for destroying the car?!?! It's Bond's personal car, you obnoxious nerd!! It is not MI6 property!!

You kind of answered that yourself: Bond wins the car, brings it to the U.K. and maybe as a personal favour he persuades Q Branch to convert it to right hand drive and install some gadgets from an old gadget car they had in the corner of the workshop. So the new Q, after his team have put the effort into working on the car, feels a bit disappointed when Bond gets it destroyed.
    Those cars are worth a fortune so if there’s anything left it’s still worth rebuilding it!
    mtm wrote: »

You kind of answered that yourself: Bond wins the car, brings it to the U.K. and maybe as a personal favour he persuades Q Branch to convert it to right hand drive and install some gadgets from an old gadget car they had in the corner of the workshop. So the new Q, after his team have put the effort into working on the car, feels a bit disappointed when Bond gets it destroyed.
    Those cars are worth a fortune so if there’s anything left it’s still worth rebuilding it!

Spot on.
    Cary Fukunaga seems to have built up quite the friendship with the cast, and that can only make the film better.

Magnussen worked on Maniac.

Spot on.
    Except it doesn't make any sense.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Spot on.

Agreed. The DB5 should have never been in SF or SP. But we all know Mendes was more concerned in slipping as many easter eggs as possible.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,343

Spot on.

In a world where spies wear explosive watches, survive 200 m fallings etc etc, it does, if u take for what it is. A loose explanation of something no one cares about.
    Walecs wrote: »

Spot on.

Agreed. The DB5 should have never been in SF or SP. But we all know Mendes was more concerned in slipping as many easter eggs as possible.

Yes, except the audiences clapped their hands like crazy when the DB5 showed up in SF...
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,677
    edited.
    Univex out
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Univex wrote: »
    You complain like these annoying little b**ches
    Are you talking about yourself?

On a more serious note, I have to ask for the umpeenth time: why do some of you have to have a complete meltdown anytime anyone writes anything negative about NTTD?
    edited.
    Univex out
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    The Aston Martin DB5 in Casino Royale, Skyfall, Spectre, and now No Time to Die makes perfect Bond sense.

I'm at peace with it.

The Aston Martin DB5 in Casino Royale, Skyfall, Spectre, and now No Time to Die makes perfect Bond sense.

I'm at peace with it.

I love it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Spot on.

Do you want to explain why? I’m guessing you won’t.
  • God, this thread is annoying.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2019 Posts: 10,588
    3e7jembnpsk9.gif
    The lack of maturity is, frankly, pretty humourous. There are adults getting worked up over a film that hasn't even started marketing itself yet, and there are others getting far too worked up over said members. Let's try to refrain from calling members "little b****es", amongst other names. People will inevitably judge the film even before the trailer is released; it's inevitable. If it really angers some of you this much, perhaps some members should get off their screens and get some fresh air.

Back on topic.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »
    3e7jembnpsk9.gif

@jake24 IS Iron Mod.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,157

Spot on.

In a world where spies wear explosive watches, survive 200 m fallings etc etc, it does, if u take for what it is. A loose explanation of something no one cares about.
    Walecs wrote: »

Spot on.

Yes, except the audiences clapped their hands like crazy when the DB5 showed up in SF...
    Fan service always makes fans happy. Doesn't mean fans are good writers. I've read some really crazy ideas on these very boards (let's not forget the user who repeatedly suggested that Bond should go to Mars)
    jake24 wrote: »
    3e7jembnpsk9.gif
    The lack of maturity is, frankly, pretty humourous. There are adults getting worked up over a film that hasn't even started marketing itself yet, and there are others getting far too worked up over said members. Let's try to refrain from calling members "little b****es", amongst other names. People will inevitably judge the film even before the trailer is released; it's inevitable. If it really angers some of you this much, perhaps some members should get off their screens and get some fresh air.

Back on topic.

Seconded! Here's hoping to something official next week? Which now I think is a very good chance! :-bd
  • Think its time for the trailer to calm everybody lol
    edited.
    Univex out
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    This will no doubt be unpopular but I think I am one of the few that thought they got the SP DB10 chase right, given that it it’s a film where Bond is ostensibly chancing his arm the second he arrives in Rome, totally out of control and is attempting to escape at all costs in a car which is simply a means to an end.
    I like that it was set in a clandestine version of Rome, in the twilight hours, and the empty streets still don’t do him any favours plus the car is near useless to him, given what he’s trying to outrun and that Aston is in a concept like stage.
    Looking at what’s come out of Matera this time, The DB5 is now the symbolic emblem of Craig’s tenure but I also like that that car means something to him, in fact just about the only thing he can depend on in this series of films and his attachment to that car is on a par with his leading ladies.
    I hate the Goldeneye chase, it’s hopelessly unrealistic against that Ferrari and was a clumsy addition when they the re-wrote the screenplay to promote BMW over the then selected Aston DB7.
    (If anyone is interested I have the letter from Aston confirming a battleship grey car , with weapons all lined up back in 1994/95 before BMW totally usurped Fords offer)
    The switch to the V8 for this film is such a good call as it’s a muscular, and now totally environmentally outdated bastard of a car, nicely in tandem with the DC portrayal of a now disillusioned and world weary bloke!
    I only hope it’s used to good effect but the match is a great one.
    Still love the near total secrecy to all of this and hats off to to CJF and his secret service.
    Loving the guess work by the forum.
    Keep it going, as the teaser trailer will no doubt give you any clearer indications!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Enjoy your comments and outlook, @wetnelly.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Enjoy your comments and outlook, @wetnelly.

Seconded. It is the right esprit.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    wetnelly wrote: »
    This will no doubt be unpopular but I think I am one of the few that thought they got the SP DB10 chase right, given that it it’s a film where Bond is ostensibly chancing his arm the second he arrives in Rome, totally out of control and is attempting to escape at all costs in a car which is simply a means to an end.
    I like that it was set in a clandestine version of Rome, in the twilight hours, and the empty streets still don’t do him any favours plus the car is near useless to him, given what he’s trying to outrun and that Aston is in a concept like stage.
    Looking at what’s come out of Matera this time, The DB5 is now the symbolic emblem of Craig’s tenure but I also like that that car means something to him, in fact just about the only thing he can depend on in this series of films and his attachment to that car is on a par with his leading ladies.
    I hate the Goldeneye chase, it’s hopelessly unrealistic against that Ferrari and was a clumsy addition when they the re-wrote the screenplay to promote BMW over the then selected Aston DB7.
    (If anyone is interested I have the letter from Aston confirming a battleship grey car , with weapons all lined up back in 1994/95 before BMW totally usurped Fords offer)

I’d certainly be interested to know more about that; how did you come by it? It’s obviously no secret the DB7 was going to be featured but I’d be curious to know how close it got.