NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    skropper13 wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Nah... who is @marketto007 ?

Marcos-Kontze-e-George-Lazenby-em-OSLO.jpg?resize=768%2C433&ssl=1

Marcos-Kontze-e-Bond-Girls-em-OSLO.jpg?resize=768%2C433&ssl=1

7l2SvJs.jpg

e1hoKVk.jpg

You see... the things he does just looking for followers!
    :D

(A little off topic, sorry. This is show businnes and everything changes everyday. When a guy in the production (even working inside!) hears "a couple of days" and we publish or share "a couple of days", that could mean two, three, four days, a week or even, if something happens, two weeks.

BUT, when some people hear "a couple of days" here, and 48 hours pass and nothing happens, then you are a liar, a fraud, a troll and a miserable looking for attention... Oh well.)

If Marcos says something. Then, something has happened.

I apologized and explained why I said what I said. Is everyone gunna get a punch in now? Or will someone look at my explanation, acknowledge what I was trying to say, and move on. Or will this thread now just be people trying to make me into a bad guy for rushing to judgement on someone I didn’t only not know but definitely did not know he or his friends are in this group.

Moving on sounds good.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    RC7 wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    Remind me, how many times have marketto007's sources been wrong? Next!

I haven't confirmed anything. But yes, you're right, I'm always wrong. Don't have any credits. Ban me.
    I'm sorry but after the "Genome of a Woman" world exclusive, it is very difficult to believe this Sting rumour. As for the release of the trailer being close, there isn't a Bond fan on the planet who doesn't already know that.

For all you know, Genome of a Woman was a considered title at some point. In the end, @marketto007 has contributed more to this community than you, Pistoles.

Let's not point fingers. Everyone in here is contributing wonderfully. Fans who have been on set and were lucky enough to meet some famous people. But also fans who don't have the means, money and time to all this. Everyone. Truly everyone contributes in a wonderful way to the Bond franchise. Let's embrace each other's work for a moment. We are all fans of the same blunt instrument in the end :-).

It’s less about means, money and time and more about dedication. @marketto007 has got out of being a fan exactly what he put in, which is a lot of dedication. Yes, no fan is above another, and Marcos would be the first to admit that. I’ve met him and he’s a top bloke.

Exactly +1
    Hey
    Remind me, how many times have marketto007's sources been wrong? Next!

I haven't confirmed anything. But yes, you're right, I'm always wrong. Don't have any credits. Ban me.
    I'm sorry but after the "Genome of a Woman" world exclusive, it is very difficult to believe this Sting rumour. As for the release of the trailer being close, there isn't a Bond fan on the planet who doesn't already know that.
    Remind me again when have you been right?
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Although I think Genome of a Woman doesn't sound like a Bond title, I can't think Marketto invented that. He was clear in the tweet that he was spreading news from someone close to the production, the kind of people we tend to believe. Things may change in the process, perhaps they have considered it at one point. Every unimaginable ridiculous thing can appear in a brainstorming and maybe this source heard one of these things.
    Marketto is like the Bernard Lee of our forum. I have huge respect for the man. Keep up the good work my friend! ^:)^
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I can’t thank you enough for all the kind words from everybody here. I really appreciate that fellas.

And yes, I’m just a fan like everyone else, and only because I post something online doesn’t necessarily it has to be real or official, so to speak. Then again, I’m just a fan, not an official channel. I only share (some) news, scoops or whatever when I think is relevant. I receive several messages during the Bond months that I totally ignore because doesn’t make any sense. And yes, all the recent stuff came from people INSIDE the production or the studios. I don’t have the creativity to invent such things. Yes, I also think the Sting rumour is not plausible, but then again, a well connected person working in the business told me that. About the trailer and poster, of course everybody knows is around the corner. Why some people here are judging me because I said that they are ready and good to go? What I heard is that CJF has already approved them and they are about to be released. There’s nothing major here, nothing important, just a fact. Anyway, thanks once again for the replies and messages my friends. Let the mayhem begin...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Sting may not seem plausible but he may have submitted a song or demo that blew them away.
    Never say never.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 151
    talos7 wrote: »
    Sting may not seem plausible but he may have submitted a song or demo that blew them away.
    Never say never.

Trudie Styler, Sting's wife, worked on Maniac with Fukunaga, they're friends.
    https://www.facebook.com/maniacnetflix/photos/a.2066310473683425/2066310633683409/?type=3
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Never say never.

He might not be current, but he's pop royalty, so he gets a free pass.
    Also he would fit right in with folks like, Duran Duran, U2 and Paul McCartney.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited September 2019 Posts: 630
    I'm late to the party, but can't do much more than confirm that @marketto007 is one of the more trustworthy news source I've encountered in my long journey as a fan and as a blogger.
    I've exchanged with him info in the past both in public and in private, and he was not only right the large majority of the time, but he is also and above all a very nice man. When other self-called fan and insider let me down unexpectedly in the past he came to help with not a single demand in exchange and he helped me covering the SPECTRE launch in Italy before any other blog, thanks to his blog and his connections.
    So, he could be wrong, as everyone of us can, but I will ever believe him until proven otherwise.
    @SkyfallCraig marketto007 had (has?) great connections at Sony, but Sony is not involved in NTTD.
  • @marketto007 is a Bond fan like us all. He found out a rumour and had good reason to believe its truth, so he shared it.

I love rumours. They are part of the fun with a Bond production. We should embrace all these rumours in the spirit of fun and not use it to attack a well-respected member's character.

The only thing making me anxious about a Joker trailer release is the Bird of Prey trailer which will inevitably drop being a WB release.

It already has a pretty fantastic poster and the initial cinemas-only teaser was a hit. I'm concerned the film will suck out all the air next week when it releases its trailer. Leaving NTTD in its slip-screen.

lyqjidz5f6n31.jpg
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,164
    There are indeed quite a few trailers that will be battling for people's attention and the press coverage next week - What @Pierce2Daniel mentioned about Birds of Prey, there's also a brand new one for Sam Mendes' 1917... Not to mention new stuff due from Zombieland 2, Bill Condon's The Good Liar, and one more I can't quite reveal just yet...

So ideally NTTD should have been this week to get in front!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 431
    I can’t thank you enough for all the kind words from everybody here. I really appreciate that fellas.

And yes, I’m just a fan like everyone else, and only because I post something online doesn’t necessarily it has to be real or official, so to speak. Then again, I’m just a fan, not an official channel. I only share (some) news, scoops or whatever when I think is relevant. I receive several messages during the Bond months that I totally ignore because doesn’t make any sense. And yes, all the recent stuff came from people INSIDE the production or the studios. I don’t have the creativity to invent such things. Yes, I also think the Sting rumour is not plausible, but then again, a well connected person working in the business told me that. About the trailer and poster, of course everybody knows is around the corner. Why some people here are judging me because I said that they are ready and good to go? What I heard is that CJF has already approved them and they are about to be released. There’s nothing major here, nothing important, just a fact. Anyway, thanks once again for the replies and messages my friends. Let the mayhem begin...

Hey dude. I respect you a great deal too eh. You know that @marketto007 ;-). And a chilled caña Estrella or Damm is waiting for you here in Barcelona hehe.

The thing is, and this is just a bit of advice from another Bond fan dude who has encountered some problems as well with publications or articles...it is perhaps a good idea to be extra clear in your posts, tweets or articles about sources and when something still is a rumour, no matter how high-ranked the source within the Bond-production is.

At our website we make clear distinctions between "factual confirmed news" and "rumour news". By tagging it this drastically, you prevent...stuff like we read in here (people questioning you...and I do not question you personally). Or just use a little banner like "nothing officially confirmed yet...but". Especially since we already live in this age of 'fake news' and 'alt facts'. Although I do think a banner like you use now "take this news and use it at your own discretion" is already a bit like that, when you are huge and big -and wonderful JBR is very big and important to the Bond fandom- you will also come across more criticism. Like with every big news outlet.

In any case, I'm not here to give lessons, as you @marketto007 know very well what works best for you. But from my side it's just a little bit of advice from another 'failed blunt instrument' who landed up here in godforsaken Spain. And please dear chap, keep the wonderful insider news flowing ;-)!
  • antovolk wrote: »
    There are indeed quite a few trailers that will be battling for people's attention and the press coverage next week - What @Pierce2Daniel mentioned about Birds of Prey, there's also a brand new one for Sam Mendes' 1917... Not to mention new stuff due from Zombieland 2, Bill Condon's The Good Liar, and one more I can't quite reveal just yet...

oh shit.....

tenet_2020_trailer-1.jpg?w=814
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,164
    antovolk wrote: »

oh shit.....

tenet_2020_trailer-1.jpg?w=814

Definitely not that :P Nolan wouldn't be happy if he had to go up against Birds of Prey lol
    and the initial cinemas-only teaser was a hit.
    Have you read the reactions online? The Birds of Prey teaser was pretty much universally panned.
    and the initial cinemas-only teaser was a hit.
    Have you read the reactions online? The Birds of Prey teaser was pretty much universally panned.

For the most part because of how little it showed...a fuller look is sure to get better responses for sure
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 125
    Do you think the Teaser Poster will be published without notifying, like they did with the revelation of the title?? And then the Teaser Trailer in the interview that Rami Malek will have in The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

;)
    Jack_Wade wrote: »
    Do you think the Teaser Poster will be published without notifying, like they did with the revelation of the title?? And then the Teaser Trailer in the interview that Rami Malek will have in The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

;)

It will happen. On my birthday :-P
  • Just saw in the filming thread that it is looking less likely that a trail will be attached to Joker.....so I assume the next place to look is Gemini Man the following week

@antovolk is this what you’re hearing??
    I wouldn't say it's less likely just yet...
    Just saw in the filming thread that it is looking less likely that a trail will be attached to Joker.....so I assume the next place to look is Gemini Man the following week

This is 2019. The trailer doesn't have to be attached to a movie. Whether it's attached to Joker or not, they have to release it next week. Could you imagine them not releasing the trailer on Global James Bond Day the latest?? It would be an outrage!
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Just saw in the filming thread that it is looking less likely that a trail will be attached to Joker.....so I assume the next place to look is Gemini Man the following week

This is 2019. The trailer doesn't have to be attached to a movie. Whether it's attached to Joker or not, they have to release it next week. Could you imagine them not releasing the trailer on Global James Bond Day the latest?? It would be an outrage!

Have to? Why so apocalyptic? Lay off the Fox News, it makes you erratic
    I wouldn't say it's less likely just yet...

Okay, well in which case they really can't release on James Bond Day. Which means they have Monday through to Thursday to drop the trailer.

But word is that the Birds of Prey and possibly the final Star Wars 9 trailer will drop this week.....

giphy.gif
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I will be shocked if the teaser doesn't come out next week.

Okay, well in which case they really can't release on James Bond Day. Which means they have Monday through to Thursday to drop the trailer.

But word is that the Birds of Prey and possibly the final Star Wars 9 trailer will drop this week.....

giphy.gif

I mean they can. Ideally should be Mon-Thurs but all depends on whether they're ok with potential bootlegs (if it's indeed playing with Joker which I'll be shocked if not).

Yes on Birds of Prey, already mentioned a new look at Mendes' 1917 is due, another one I can't mention that's not Nolan...Star Wars I don't think so, that's like clockwork in the second/third Monday of October.
    So you still have faith on it being next week, @antovolk?
    Univex wrote: »

Absolutely.
    Univex wrote: »

Absolutely.

Very good to know ;)
  • James0065004301James0065004301 England
    edited September 2019 Posts: 12
    I've really been enjoying reading the forums with all the speculation on No Time To Die. Please, can I ask, why are people assuming a trailer will drop next week or very soon? What evidence suggests this ?

I would suggest that October is a good month to release the teaser ,but I dont think james bond day means it will arrive that day. Name a time when they have released a trailer on Global James Bond Day? I do know they released Sam Smiths music video on Global James Bond Day though, so a trailer is possible. But I think we will have a teaser poster first though.