Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    :))

This is my suggestion:

cute-success-kid-1920x1080.0.0.jpg

He would have a long era as Bond, of course. And judging from the image, I could see him continuing in the Craig style.
    mattjoes wrote: »

This is my suggestion:

He would have a long era as Bond, of course. And judging from the image, I could see him continuing in the Craig style.
    By the time B26 gets underway, that kid should be in his late 30's / early 40's and thus the right age to play Bond. He gets my vote, too.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185

This is my suggestion:

He has a winning personality.
    But i hope he won't only eat sand in his Bond films.
    Unfortunately Terence Young isn't around anymore to teach him a thing or two about being cultured.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    😂
    Ryan Gosling is Canadian and thus part of the warm bosom of the Commonwealth. Yep, there's ya next Bond.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    00Agent wrote: »

This is my suggestion:

Unfortunately Terence Young isn't around anymore to teach him a thing or two about being cultured.

He's already taller than Jack O' Connell too!
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Sam Claflin-Mr Connery was balding, then bald.He did ok.
    Tom Hiddleston-yes looked a fool during the Taylor Swift thing, but still a good actor and screen presence so I don't care.
    Micheal Fassbender - not TOO old though and a couple of bad films are neither here or there because it was the material that was poor, not him.
    Ryan Gosling- him being Canadian will rule him out, but if I was in charge of casting he'd be in with shout. As I've said before nationality doesn't matter so long as they are the rights fit in all other respects.
    Alexander Scarsgard - same.
    I respect your views though, thanks for thinking about them.

Tom Hiddleston- Agreed.
    Micheal Fassbender - Agreed.
    Ryan Gosling- Being Canadian rules him out,
    Alexander Scarsgard - Even worse. Ruled Out.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

This is my suggestion:

As long as the sand he eats is at the right temperature...
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    It's Jack Lowden. Guaranteed. I just know it. I should put some money on it really. It's him, with Christopher Nolan as director. Syncopy and EoN will come to an agreement for joint production. It'll be a one off.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 175
    Genuine question to forum members across the pond. What was the reception in the states to Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent being played by Brits? Did it cause any ripples at all?

Absolutely nobody cares. The large majority of people didn't even realize Christian Bale was British back when those movies came out, and I think a lot of people probably still don't. To us, him being British is more of a trivial fact you'd have to learn on the internet or something, since most Americans have never seen Bale in a role with a British accent.

American isn't considered an ethnicity at all, so nobody would ever say anything like "Batman needs to have American blood." To us, the only thing that really separates Christian Bale and an American is the accent. And British actors seem to have no problem at all speaking in an American accent. (While it seems virtually impossible for American male actors to speak in a perfect British accent, on the other hand.)

There also seems to exist this certain pride with Brits where you don't want your culture overran by Americans and things becoming "Americanized". This dynamic just doesn't really exist the other way around. Nobody over here would ever be concerned that the British are going to overtake Batman for instance.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Thanks for your answer to my question. To be honest I'm of the same opinion. Who ever is cast as Bond post Craig (and I'd be very happy if he did more BTW) I'm not worried where they are from so long as they fit the role and can 'become Bond' . As I've said before nationality, sexuality etc do not detract from the fact that a good actor, the right actor, can deliver the part. I for one aren't precious about whether they are British or not.
    I know many people disagree with me and I'm not being deliberately controversial but that's how I feel.
    (I feel it's worth mentioning I'm not just a new or casual fan who doesn't 'get' it. I'm 41 and have loved Bond since I saw TSWLM on tv at 10 years old. I care deeply about all things Bond as everyone does on this forum)
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    * I'm also British
    Thanks for your answer to my question. To be honest I'm of the same opinion. Who ever is cast as Bond post Craig (and I'd be very happy if he did more BTW) I'm not worried where they are from so long as they fit the role and can 'become Bond' . As I've said before nationality, sexuality etc do not detract from the fact that a good actor, the right actor, can deliver the part. I for one aren't precious about whether they are British or not.
    I know many people disagree with me and I'm not being deliberately controversial but that's how I feel.
    (I feel it's worth mentioning I'm not just a new or casual fan who doesn't 'get' it. I'm 41 and have loved Bond since I saw TSWLM on tv at 10 years old. I care deeply about all things Bond as everyone does on this forum)

I'm in the 'Bond should be played by a Brit male' camp,but fair play to you for having a very open mind.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Thank you sir.

This is my suggestion:

As long as the sand he eats is at the right temperature...

98.4 degrees Fahrenheit?
    "Would you like a vodka martini ? "

"Oh no...I like sand."
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    OK. Hear me out on this one... I don't know if anybody watches Coronation Street in here, but there is a character in it called Adam Barlow played by a Scottish actor called Sam Robertson. He's a bit of a ladies man in the show. This guy is tall, dark, handsome and just has the perfect look and swagger for Bond. AND he's likeable.

I think this guy is WASTED on Coronation Street. He'd be absolutely PERFECT.

This guy IS Bond.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/17/who-is-sam-robertson-the-actor-who-plays-adam-barlow-in-coronation-street-9585297/
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    I've got to be honest I've never imagined him as Bond but I know exactly where you're coming from. He is pretty cool and very watchable.
    BondStu wrote: »
    OK. Hear me out on this one... I don't know if anybody watches Coronation Street in here, but there is a character in it called Adam Barlow played by a Scottish actor called Sam Robertson. He's a bit of a ladies man in the show. This guy is tall, dark, handsome and just has the perfect look and swagger for Bond. AND he's likeable.

This guy IS Bond.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/17/who-is-sam-robertson-the-actor-who-plays-adam-barlow-in-coronation-street-9585297/

Hahaha I do watch Corrie and I have thought about that myself,if he lost the beard,sorted his hair out,and could do an English accent.

How weird we both think the same thing !
    barryt007 wrote: »

This guy IS Bond.

Hahaha I do watch Corrie and I have thought about that myself,if he lost the beard,sorted his hair out,and could do an English accent.

Wait, why?
    He isn't british?
    Pass :)
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 19,339

This guy IS Bond.

Wait, why?
    He isn't british?

Scottish you wally (but you already knew that he he ) ;)

He is 33,born in Dundee.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Scottish

This guy IS Bond.

Wait, why?
    He isn't british?

Scottish you wally (but you already knew that he he ) ;/

Oh my mistake, never heard of the guy to be honest. But I'll check him out... Head to toe.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Yupp, Sam Robertson works for me perfectly.

Even does a Connery tribute ass slap at 1:20

Reminds me a lot of Gerard Butler.

If that's a Connery tribute, I tribute him every single day. Several times a day, actually.
    Univex wrote: »

If that's a Connery tribute, I tribute him every single day. Several times a day, actually.

As you should ;)
    Univex wrote: »

As you should ;)

Religiously ;)
    @barryt007 - great minds think alike! As for the accent - he doesn't need to lose it. After all, it's not like having a Scottish accent hurt Connery as Bond is it? :)>-
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 19,339
    @barryt007 - great minds think alike! As for the accent - he doesn't need to lose it. After all, it's not like having a Scottish accent hurt Connery as Bond is it? :)>-

As far as I know he can drop the Scottish accent,in Corrie don’t forget ,he was sent to Scotland as a young boy so he plays it very strongly.
    I like him .
    He has all the credentials including being over 6’ tall and the perfect age in a year or two.
    Also he plays a lawyer so you won’t see him in any fights atm.
    He should definitely be a candidate big time.
    Great actor.
    He isn’t on Twitter but has a fan page on FB ,I don’t have Instagram so I wouldn’t know.
    I sent his fan page a question they are passing on to him re dropping the Scottish accent for a neutral English one .

As far as I know he can drop the Scottish accent,in Corrie don’t forget ,he was sent to Scotland as a young boy so he plays it very strongly.
    I like him .
    He has all the credentials including being over 6’ tall and the perfect age in a year or two.
    Also he plays a lawyer so you won’t see him in any fights atm.
    He should definitely be a candidate big time.
    Great actor.
    He isn’t on Twitter but has a fan page on FB ,I don’t have Instagram so I wouldn’t know.
    I sent his fan page a question they are passing on to him re dropping the Scottish accent for a neutral English one .

@barryt007 - He's being very square jawed in Corrie at the moment, desperately trying everything he can to put Gary Windass (the show's main baddie) out of the picture.

This guy is Bond. He'd literally be perfect.

Seriously if I was directing the first post Craig one I'd literally just phone this guy up and say "Quit Corrie. Come and play Bond for me."

I'd delay production to allow him to finish his contract.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I don t know about that, but he could be a good Modesty Blaise.