New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2019 Posts: 17,727
    "The name's Book. James Book. Licensed to read." ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm just re-posting from AJB007 , If anyone could help AndrewBond.

"Is there anyone here who is also a member of the MI6 Community forum? If so, would you be able to help - I’ve tried creating a login on that forum, but I don’t receive any confirmation emails to verify my address, thus am not able to participate. I tried creating a second login using a different email address (and provider - one iCloud and one Gmail) in case there was a conflict with iCloud, but again no confirmation emails to that address either.

I can’t seem to find a way of contacting MI6 Community to make them aware of this issue (no email address, I did find an online web form but have had no response using that - maybe more email issues on their side?) so wonder if anyone could post a message there asking them to check if their email verification system is working as it should? Thanks in advance."

• BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Not quite new, used to be here under a different name but stopped coming when I got into an argument about Idris Elba playing Bond (for the record, I have no problem with the idea. Only a film at the end of the day innit?)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well, let us hope we suffer no further...mishap.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Welcome Idris.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Welcome Idris.

:))

It's been a long time.
    But, finally, here we are.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    QBranch wrote: »
    Welcome Idris.

I wish!
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Hello MI6 Community, Max The Parrot here (no I’m not really called Max and no, my doctor certifies I’m not a parrot). Bond fan since the fairly early days of the 70s watching Bond films on ITV as a kid. First film I saw at the cinema was Moonraker and it’s still my favourite (although LALD, TSWLM and even TMWTGG sneak into that spot after consumption of varying amounts of alcohol). Looking forward to reading and (maybe, if I can think of something mildly intelligent to say) contributing to the community while we all wait patiently for NTTD. 🍻
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Welcome here, Max. Glad you could make it.
    285567.jpg
    Welcome here, Max. Glad you could make it.

Much appreciated Thunderfinger, to paraphrase the great JW Pepper, I hope there’s a cage strong enough to hold an animal like me! 👍
    Thank you @Birdleson , yes those 4 Roger films in particular are the ones I find most fun. It’s great we have a wide range of tones to the different Bond movies, but I do love watching escapist, popcorn Bond the best!
    Welcome @Max_The_Parrot. I too grew up with Roger as " My Bond " in the Cinema.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Welcome, @Max_The_Parrot! You'll fit right in with the rest of us, booboos.

What? Nobody told you?

Yeah, this is an insane asylum, run by @Thunderfinger. Here's me (left) and @Thunderpussy (right).

12monkeys2.gif
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome aboard, @Max_The_Parrot! You'll certainly find plenty of [Bond] nuts here. Well, they're nuts anyway. ;)
    Thanks @Thunderpussy (here’s to ‘keeping the British end up!’), @DarthDimi and @Dragonpol for your welcomes! Clearly Dr Warmflash is going to have her work cut out evaluating you lot! 😝
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited September 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Welcome @Max_The_Parrot perfect time to be here, teaser may be dropping in 10 days.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Welcome @Max_The_Parrot! Are you a pretty boy?
    Thanks @Resurrection counting the days!

Cheers @Agent_99 ... give us a kiss!
    Welcome @Max_The_Parrot perfect time to be here, teaser may be dropping in 10 days.

@MaxTheParrot will be dropping all over the place I presume....usually on someones head or a car windscreen.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome to the madhou...forums @Max_The_Parrot
    Hope you enjoy your time here. As well as a nut. ;)
    barryt007 wrote: »

@MaxTheParrot will be dropping all over the place I presume....usually on someones head or a car windscreen.

Fear not @barryt007 ... I’m housetrained!

61zpxCneVJL._SX425_.jpg

Thanks for the welcome @Benny ! 😀

In that case I will remove my helmet and welcome you aboard,old chap !!
    A warm welcome Max the Parrot! Enjoy the asylum!!! 8-}
    Thank you @RogueAgent pistachios all round!
  • BondHQBondHQ Heysham, Lancashire
    Hello

My name is John, originally from Northern Ireland but now living in the village of Heysham in Lancashire.

Been a Bond fan as long as I can remember, since I was about 9 years of age and being introduced to it seeing Moonraker on the television. Now 46 and still enjoy it all immensely.

Look forward to chatting with you guys when time allows. Any ideas on threads that are a must to start with?

Cheers
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Welcome @BondHQ to the forum. You can check out different threads that you would like to talk about or you can start a new thread as well.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    BondHQ wrote: »
    Hello

My name is John, originally from Northern Ireland but now living in the village of Heysham in Lancashire.

Been a Bond fan as long as I can remember, since I was about 9 years of age and being introduced to it seeing Moonraker on the television. Now 46 and still enjoy it all immensely.

Look forward to chatting with you guys when time allows. Any ideas on threads that are a must to start with?

Cheers
    The trivia and games sub section is a good place to start. Enjoy your time here and welcome aboard.

https://www.mi6community.com/categories/trivia-games
  • BondHQBondHQ Heysham, Lancashire
    Thank you very much.
    Welcome @BondHQ! I’m no longer the newbie! 😉 I’d echo looking at the trivia and games section, there’s some fun things to get involved with there. Otherwise the threads on the homepage are listed in order of activity, so you get an idea what people are currently discussing.

Moonraker was my first Bond cinema experience as a kid, so it’s great to see another Roger Moore fan on the board! 👍 Hope you have fun!
    Welcome @BondHQ