New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Hello everyone!

After reading this board for quite a while (It must be from around pre-production on Skyfall) and enjoying all of your posts, I thought it was time to formally get an account here and join the discussions, right in time before Bond 25 kicks off.

Some of you might know me from Twitter or from such things as tweeting @Pierce2Daniel 's post and seeing that tweet appear here despite the original post being above, or the April Fools joke about that "leaked" script.

I'm a fairly recent Bond fan (compared to most of you), and I saw my first Bond film around 2009. (It was AVTAK, by the way. Weird one to begin with.) But I've come to love the series along the way.

I look forward to some amazing discussions with all of you. Thank you for having me on board!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 10,544
    Welcome, @DeerAtTheGates. I see you on Twitter all the time, nice to see you finally joining the party!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    Welcome, Deer.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Welcome, @DeerAtTheGates. I see you on Twitter all the time, nice to see you finally joining the party!

You know what they say, better late than never!

Thank you both for the welcoming!
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    Welcome through the gate, Deer. :)

I see that we also follow each other on Twitter.
    Not related to Bill, are you?

Oh deer.

We do tweet each other regularly, but it behooves me to say that's where the similarities end. ;)
  • 007_MJH007_MJH Lancashire, UK
    Hello

Have read this site for quite a while now and always enjoyed reading the views from everyone about James Bond and everything that comes with it. Been a fan for a lot of years, since I was an 8 year old or so. I’m nearly 46 so quite a while. The only thing I have not gotten into yet are the Fleming and continuation novels. I do have them all (near enough anyway), but I’ve never been much of a novel reader, more reference books and comics.

Away from that I’m a comic book fan, DC being my preferred company but I have a lot of affection for Marvel and others. I enjoy watching movies and tv shows that I have an interest in. I’m also a fan of 80’s hair metal bands, with Guns n’ Roses my favourite.

I am a big family man, my family are my all and when I’m not at work my time with them all is precious. I’m also gramps to my beautiful 8 month old granddaughter.

Don’t want to bore you anymore but I look forward to chatting to you all.

Cheers.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A hearty welcome to the forums, @007_MJH!
    Thank you very much.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 14,731
    Welcome aboard, @007_MJH. :)
    Nice introduction. Make yourself at home.
    Thank you both.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Anyone who's a fan of Bond and good music is a friend of mine. Welcome.
    Remington wrote: »
    Anyone who's a fan of Bond and good music is a friend of mine. Welcome.

Thank you kindly.

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Welcome, folks! @DeerAtTheGates, dropped you a follow on Twitter.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

I followed you back! Be warned, though, non-Bond tweets in Dutch are still a thing on my Twitter. ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 19,740
    A fellow man from Flanders, huh? Welcome, dear sir. :) There's a few of us, Belgians, on these boards, so you're in excellent company.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Welcome @007_MJH. We’re about the same age (48 in my case), so that’s heartening. I recommend you take the time and start reading Fleming (in order is recommended, but not required). You’re love of Bond will override any hesitation of reading a lot of books... I think you’ll be happily surprised about how much you enjoy them.

I followed you back! Be warned, though, non-Bond tweets in Dutch are still a thing on my Twitter. ;)

I enjoy seeing what I can figure out of tweets in other languages (with varying success)!
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    Welcome @007_MJH. We’re about the same age (48 in my case), so that’s heartening. I recommend you take the time and start reading Fleming (in order is recommended, but not required). You’re love of Bond will override any hesitation of reading a lot of books... I think you’ll be happily surprised about how much you enjoy them.

Much appreciated, thank you. Yes, I really should read the Fleming novels. Need to make the effort.

DarthDimi wrote: »
    A fellow man from Flanders, huh? Welcome, dear sir. :) There's a few of us, Belgians, on these boards, so you're in excellent company.

Thank you! I've noticed, yes! Strange, since it's always thought that the Dutch have the larger Bond community! They're the ones with the special premieres...

And a warm welcome to @007_MJH, too! I'm also not much of a Fleming reader, so I get your feelings!
  • Vinther1991Vinther1991 Denmark
    Hello!
    I decided to join this forum, as I have been a Bond fan for more than 20 years (since I was 7-8). The first Bond movie I watched was Tomorrow Never Dies, which I liked back then, but don't care much for anymore. Since then I have watched all the Bond movies many times and read 6 of the novels.
    I am not as much of a die hard Bond fan as I was 15 years ago, now I see myself as more of a fan of cinema as a whole. But I love a lot of the Bond movies, and the James Bond franchise will always have a special place in my heart.
    Welcome! Nice to get a Dane onboard.
    We're such a cosmopolitan bunch! Welcome, @Vinther1991!
  • Vinther1991Vinther1991 Denmark
    Welcome! Nice to get a Dane onboard.
    We're such a cosmopolitan bunch! Welcome, @Vinther1991!
    Thanks a lot guys!
    Welcome to MI6, @Vinther1991!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    A few new agents here lately!

Welcome:

@DeerAtTheGates
    @007_MJH
    @Vinther1991

"We are absolutely thrilled" to have you here ;) There is no better time to join the forum! The experience between announcement and brand new Bond film is nearly as awesome as watching it for the first time on the big screen. Get ready for a memorable journey!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    QBranch wrote: »
    A few new agents here lately!

Welcome:

@DeerAtTheGates
    @007_MJH
    @Vinther1991

"We are absolutely thrilled" to have you here ;) There is no better time to join the forum! The experience between announcement and brand new Bond film is nearly as awesome as watching it for the first time on the big screen. Get ready for a memorable journey!

Indeed welcome all