NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

matt_u wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    New Liam Gallagher album today. Need a trailer tomorrow to end the week perfectly lol.

Perfect perfect would be if we had a trailer and Gallagher doing the song. Now that would be perfect ;)

Perfection would be Arctic Monkeys.

Wouldn’t object. Not one bit. And you’re not the only architect who I’ve known to love them. My cousin is a fanatic. Not saying one thing is related to the other, still it bodes well for AM, i say ;)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    New Liam Gallagher album today. Need a trailer tomorrow to end the week perfectly lol.

Perfect perfect would be if we had a trailer and Gallagher doing the song. Now that would be perfect ;)

+1
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Walecs wrote: »

+1

+2
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    NTTD teaser trailer and the premiere of the new The Good Place season will both be out next week, it's gonna be an exciting week for me :D

How do you know for sure the NTTD-teaser trailer will be out next week? Perhaps I did miss something hehe.
    NTTD teaser trailer and the premiere of the new The Good Place season will both be out next week, it's gonna be an exciting week for me :D

How do you know for sure the NTTD-teaser trailer will be out next week? Perhaps I did miss something hehe.

None of us do except maybe @ggl007 ;D
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    I think there was a site where upcoming trailers were listed shortly before their release. The BBFC one, I think. No news there?

BTW, shouldn't a poster come before the trailer?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I think there was a site where upcoming trailers were listed shortly before their release. The BBFC one, I think. No news there?

Yeah, we are due for teaser poster if the trailer is to come out next week. My money is still on October 5th.
  • They have used the 25th to publish some of the official NTTD news (BOND 25). So, we hope that next Wednesday, September 25th, the first teaser trailer.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

Correct, the BBFC has a list of all the trailers they've rated for release. No Bond to be seen, though.

And you're right about that poster, but it's a thing nowadays to release posters only a day before the trailer (Frozen 2, Terminator, Knives Out recently). So if September 25th is correct, we would see a poster on the 24th, or maybe even together with the trailer.

Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on all the different classification boards for any news. Nothing yet...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg
    antovolk wrote: »

If you want to generate lots of online buzz that won't be overshadowed by other movies, then 25th appears to be a good date. After Rambo's release date and before Joker's, trailer news site, trailer-track.com (https://trailer-track.com/category/in-the-pipeline/) doesn't have any big movie trailers coming soon, so NTTD's teaser could garner a lot of social media coverage.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Someone wrote: »

If you want to generate lots of online buzz that won't be overshadowed by other movies, then 25th appears to be a good date. After Rambo's release date and before Joker's, trailer news site, trailer-track.com (https://trailer-track.com/category/in-the-pipeline/) doesn't have any big movie trailers coming soon, so NTTD's teaser could garner a lot of social media coverage.

Well there is Frozen (Monday) and Uncut Gems (Tuesday) so far :P 25th definitely sounds like a good date to drop in time for Joker. Because odds are other studios may also drop stuff closer to its release...
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    So pumped for NTTD trailer and new The last of us part 2 footage on the 24th.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

Thank you, but nothing is sure in show business! ;)

Apparently Barbara is deciding with Chris Brigman. The song could be ready soon, too...

??? :-??
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,343
    ggl007 wrote: »

Apparently Barbara is deciding with Chris Brigman. The song could be ready soon, too...

As long as is not Sheeran I'm open to everything...

Next week sounds reasonable. It's time, shooting is almost over.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Who is Chris Brigman?
    Bentley007 wrote: »

Who is Chris Brigman?

Was wondering the same thing.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Who is Chris Brigman?

Chris Brigham, one of the producers on the film.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,677
    jake24 wrote: »

Who is Chris Brigman?

Oh, I see, thanks. Has he been a regular? Are we talking about the same guy from Inception or Shutter Island? Big name if so. Smart guy. He's the one who bet on Argo. One of the guys, at least.

Who is Chris Brigman?

Oh, I see, thanks. Has he been a regular?
    Nope, first Bond film. He was a Universal hire, if I'm not mistaken.

Who is Chris Brigman?

Oh, I see, thanks. Has he been a regular?
    Nope, first Bond film. He was a Universal hire, if I'm not mistaken.

Good, i like him. He makes decent choices, or is chosen for decent flicks. More than decent, actually.
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2019 Posts: 10,512
    He’s a purse strings guy and essentially project manages. A pretty important role, but I wouldn’t have thought he’d have much to do with trailers.
    RC7 wrote: »
    He’s a purse strings guy and essentially project manages. A pretty important role, but I wouldn’t have thought he’d have much to do with trailers.

Yes, seems odd.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,164

If he's the production's liaison with Universal then absolutely he'd be a key voice in the trailers... Especially as to the when...

Plus in any case creative marketing materials like this everyone needs to sign off including the cast.

If he's the production's liaison with Universal then absolutely he'd be a key voice in the trailers... Especially as to the when...

Plus in any case creative marketing materials like this everyone needs to sign off including the cast.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks, @antovolk. Any news on the trailer? Any word on it coming out Wednesday?

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks, @antovolk. Any news on the trailer? Any word on it coming out Wednesday?

Still nothing...
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Six hours, nineteen minutes, right ascension, fourteen degrees, fifty-eight minutes declination! ...no trailer.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

It seems like he's taking over the Callum McDougall role
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    DCisared wrote: »
    So pumped for NTTD trailer and new The last of us part 2 footage on the 24th.

SAME MAN... this week is going to be awesome