How will WE dress during Craig's final Royal Performance Red Carpet Premiere?

GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
edited September 2019 in No Time To Die Posts: 431
It has to happen now. I am 37 years old. Financially I'm not in the best time of my life. But I have to say goodbye to Daniel Craig's final outing as James Bond 007 in a proper way. Nothing is official yet, but I reckon the Royal Red Carpet Premiere at the Royal Albert Hall will be on Monday March 30th 2020. And I will be there. I'm already looking heavily at some cheap plane tickets. Getting in touch with fans who will be there too. Perhaps even grabbing a ticket for that premiere. And if not.........making sure I get as many autographs as possible :-).

But....what will I wear? Look, I reckon the first thought that comes to your mind is black tie and dinner jacket. But nowadays fashions trends get more and more influence on such lavish events. Hence I am planning something like this! Daring? Yes. But who gives a f%@&;. One should not just dress for Bond, but also dress to...impress. And why not add a little 'midas touch from a villain' ;-). It's a Bond premiere after all! And it's Daniel Craig's final performance as Her Mmajesty's Secret Agent ;-)

Single-breasted, peak lapel, black dinner jacket. Medium-sized bow tie. It's a classic, but combined with these grey patterned trousers, bare feet and loafers they give this little 'extra'. Seriously considering this combination:
u3EiFkX.jpg

Single-breasted, peak lapel, black velvet dinner jacket. Medium-sized bow tie. Another classic, but I love the combination of cotton trousers with velvet jacket. Classic tuxedo shoes are also lovely.
fhNBg2u.jpg

Double-breasted, peak lapel, white dinner jacket. Small-sized bow tie. This is a bit more daring, as this type of dinner jacket stems right from Roger Moore's 1974 Bond-film TMWTGG. It's admittedly daring to wear a jacket with such large lapels. But you sure draw some attention. I love the velvet loafers too.
PMDDyDu.jpg

Double-breasted, shawl lapel, marine blue dinner jacket. Large-sized bow tie. Also a daring combination, as this dinner jacket has folded sleeves. It does have an extra classy look to me with such a large bow tie.
qCD7728.jpg

Where to buy such nice tuxedo's for a neat price? I already have a tuxedo from Dutch brand SuitSupply, but I want to do something 'special' for a Bond premiere. I mean, have you seen Cary Fukunaga's fashion style? He is so nicely daring and lush with his style of clothes. A Tom Ford is impossible to purchase for me, with prices of around € 5,000. However SuitSupply is nicely priced and the quality is truly formidable. Here you can find more inspirations: https://eu.suitsupply.com/en/eveningwear_package?from=whatsnew .

Also, let me know via PM if you are seriously planning to visit London durng the premiere of NTTD ;-).

Comments

Great idea for a thread. Speaking of the Royal Premiere, is it actually possible to get tickets for the screening? Do they release any tickets to the public and if so, how much would they go for?
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    TR007 wrote: »
    Great idea for a thread. Speaking of the Royal Premiere, is it actually possible to get tickets for the screening? Do they release any tickets to the public and if so, how much would they go for?

From what I know, if it's organized via The Film & Television Charity, then there will be a dra on their website. There are other channels too, but I'm not such a well-known fan that high (elite) in the picking order hehe. But in any case, I will be there :-). NTTD will be a very special event for me, as it's a closure to *tear* the Craig-era.

By the way @TR007, what do you think of the above combinations? Which one would you prefer?
  • RC7RC7
    This no socks thing needs binning. An awful, awful look.
    RC7 wrote: »

Post your favourite outfit for a Bond premiere……..down below. And PS: No need to like it, but let's have respect for each other's fashion taste ;-). If you look at recent red carpet gala's at the Oscars or the Golden Globes, then I have seen bare feet more often. By the way, movie premieres seem to get more and more a 'laissez-faire' approach. Dress code has become less strict on such occasions.
  • RC7RC7

Post your favourite outfit for a Bond premiere……..down below. And PS: No need to like it, but let's have respect for each other's fashion taste ;-). If you look at recent red carpet gala's at the Oscars or the Golden Globes, then I have seen bare feet more often. By the way, movie premieres seem to get more and more a 'laissez-faire' approach. Dress code has become less strict on such occasions.

Personally I find it an abhorrent look. Eurotrash.

I wore a black dinner suit to the SF premiere and midnight blue to SP. I have a tailored three-piece from Savile Row which I may wear to NTTD (if I get tickets, of course).
    TR007 wrote: »

From what I know, if it's organized via The Film & Television Charity, then there will be a dra on their website. There are other channels too, but I'm not such a well-known fan that high (elite) in the picking order hehe. But in any case, I will be there :-). NTTD will be a very special event for me, as it's a closure to *tear* the Craig-era.

By the way @TR007, what do you think of the above combinations? Which one would you prefer?
    Thanks for the info. My vote would be for the Single-breasted, peak lapel, black velvet dinner jacket.

I wore a black dinner suit to the SF premiere and midnight blue to SP. I have a tailored three-piece from Savile Row which I may wear to NTTD (if I get tickets, of course).

Or: perhaps I am less conservative and I dare to vary a bit on the tuxedo time at gala premieres ;-)? Ah well, it's also a matter of taste. Money for Saville Row tailored stuff I will never have...
  • RC7RC7

Or: perhaps I am less conservative and I dare to vary a bit on the tuxedo time at gala premieres ;-)? Ah well, it's also a matter of taste. Money for Saville Row tailored stuff I will never have...

Hey, I’m all for a little flamboyance. It’s just the no sock thing. I don’t get it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Hey, I’m all for a little flamboyance. It’s just the no sock thing. I don’t get it.

I'm sure that the Waltz Blofeld approves of the no socks look! ;)

I concur that it looks awful though.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 431
    My director, because I adore his fashion choices :
    cary-fukunaga.jpg
    gettyimages-472194218.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Why is he wearing a dinner jacket made out of wallpaper?

And no socks? That is as bad as buttoning up a shirt and not wearing a tie.

Matter of taste. Wear socks and it is still beautiful :-).

And now……..focus on the other aspects of above tuxedos a bit. What do you prefer? Double-breasted? Single-breasted? 1930's/1970's style large lapels? 1960's/2000's style small lapels? White dinner jackets? Full black? Velvet? And show/post some images what YOUR choice would be then :-). I am interested in that.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 17,727

It looks like he's wearing slippers there too in the first picture. Maybe he's trying to emulate the Waltz Blofeld though? :D
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It lookd like he's wearing slippers there too. Maybe he's trying to emulate the Waltz Blofeld tough. :)

I'm all in for that. Bond villains have style too I think. In any case, here's a nice article for those ultra-orthodox black tie guys: https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/black-tie-event-mens-2018 .
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2019 Posts: 13,882

It looks like he's wearing slippers there too in the first picture. Maybe he's trying to emulate the Waltz Blofeld though? :D

Oh my god, Cary is a Blofeld.

Oh my god, Cary is a Blofeld.

=))
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    The last time I dressed up for a Bond film was the first night of GE in Oxford. I wore a bow tie that fastened with velcro and a jacket formerly belonging to a Canadian ferry crewman. Somehow I still own both these items.
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    edited September 2019 Posts: 78
    I'm more conservative in my black tie tastes and have a midnight blue shawl collar dinner suit like the one from QOS. Though I'm not a fan of the sockless look, some guys can surely pull it off. Spezzatura I suppose. If I may offer a suggestion if you want to play a little, perhaps the white double breasted dinner jacket with black trousers. Bondian with a little homage to the late Sir Roger.
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    I'm more conservative in my black tie tastes and have a midnight blue shawl collar dinner suit like the one from QOS. Though I'm not a fan of the sockless look, some guys can surely pull it off. Spezzatura I suppose. If I may offer a suggestion if you want to play a little, perhaps the white double breasted dinner jacket with black trousers. Bondian with a little homage to the late Sir Roger.

I actually love it. But I think most fans in here are perhaps afraid of feeling overdressed. The reason for me to not wear such a white jacket, is because I look like this:
    2CD8QNE.jpg
    I'm a blond limey, with a rather fat face if I might add. So I would most certainly look like a villain. However, I think men with darker skin colors and black/brown hair can wear this more easily :-).
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

I actually love it. But I think most fans in here are perhaps afraid of feeling overdressed. The reason for me to not wear such a white jacket, is because I look like this:
    2CD8QNE.jpg
    I'm a blond limey, with a rather fat face if I might add. So I would most certainly look like a villain. However, I think men with darker skin colors and black/brown hair can wear this more easily :-).

I thought you were Dutch, not British?
    Socks with a tux. What are we farmers.
    That's as bad as wearing sunglasses when it's dark.

:-O
    Benny wrote: »

2CD8QNE.jpg

I thought you were Dutch, not British?
    Socks with a tux. What are we farmers.
    That's as bad as wearing sunglasses when it's dark.

:-O

Those are your words LOL :-P.
    Perhaps those sunglasses are for Sun at Night. B-)
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco

2CD8QNE.jpg

Yes, and no. Moore shares a similar complexion to you and wore a white dinner jacket well. It is all about the suit fitting you well. Or suiting you (pun intended). Tailoring and fit. But whichever way you go, socks, no socks, it should be how the dinner suit complements you. And most importantly, where it with confidence.
    Track pants and a sweater. :)
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    The last time I dressed up for a Bond film was the first night of GE in Oxford. I wore a bow tie that fastened with velcro and a jacket formerly belonging to a Canadian ferry crewman. Somehow I still own both these items.

LOL man.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited September 2020 Posts: 972
    I plan on wearing my Skyfall tux when I go see it at IMAX in November... I'll surely be the only one dressed up for the occasion.. Lol. After the numerous delays this movie has had and with it being Craig's final one, I thought I should go all out. Too much?

50318404587_9e1d265d14_b.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    As long as you have a decent watch that will be cool, @imranbecks. All best.
    As long as you have a decent watch that will be cool, @imranbecks. All best.

Will this do? You can see it peeking through the cuff of the tux ;)

50280129383_765d2f2466_b.jpg
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Thinking of going in Dinner Jacket to the midnight screening on opening day ( so theoretically, the true opening night) , but I'm in a bit of a tough spot. My current dinner jacket is pushing 6 years old, and though it still fits - the joys of tailoring - I do really want a midnight blue shawl collar now as opposed to my peak collared black one now. I thought september would be a good time to start shopping, but all the stores that sell the aforementioned style aither don't make my size at all, or are already sold out...
    edited September 2020 Posts: 972
    MartinBond wrote: »
    Thinking of going in Dinner Jacket to the midnight screening on opening day ( so theoretically, the true opening night) , but I'm in a bit of a tough spot. My current dinner jacket is pushing 6 years old, and though it still fits - the joys of tailoring - I do really want a midnight blue shawl collar now as opposed to my peak collared black one now. I thought september would be a good time to start shopping, but all the stores that sell the aforementioned style aither don't make my size at all, or are already sold out...

Get one tailor made. Show them a pic of mine or the Skyfall poster and they'll do the rest.