No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Has Lea Seydoux been spotted on location yet?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    T3FO1pb.jpg
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Contraband wrote: »
    Guess who...

Awesome

That suit can't be for any filming today? Must be meeting up with Cary & co for dinner or something.

Yes looks like it . I am just happy that he has arrived.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited September 2019 Posts: 524
    TripAces wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    kultschar wrote: »
    Thought Matera was scene 50ish

ie not PTS?

We saw some clapper boards with numbers in the 50s, like 54. For some people this confirms that Matera is not the PTS, as those numbers would place it around SP's Rome car chase.
    However, all clapper boards we saw were second unit, and they may or may not use a different numbering. I'd say we know for sure when we see the scene numbers from the first unit clapper boards.

I’ve been back over several items, as I’ve been busy and haven’t been keeping up to date. I heard about this chase in reasonable detail months and months ago, and the word was it was the PTS, some Materan locals also seemed to suggest this. However, now I’ve had time to look back over the scraps we do have I do believe the clappers we saw are probably accurate.

It appears Norway will feature in the PTS, at least partially, before we hit the titles and then open in Jamaica. This would at least tally with Barbara’s comment about ‘when we meet Bond...’ as in this scenario I reckon he’s absent from the PTS. From Jamaica it will move to Matera, for what I presume will be an almost belated PTS (first big action scene), and then back to Cuba.

This makes the most sense. Though a lot of time and resources were spent on the Mexico PTS, it appears (with the hotel room set) that a lot more time and energy is being spent in Matera than a PTS would warrant.

But if Norway is the PTS, do we expect it to be Bond-less, or if it features Bond, to be completely indoors?
    What they've filmed on location so far (both in Norway itself and parts of England and Scotland doubling for Norway) don't scream 'big stunts PTS', Craig hasn't been on location...

I'm very sceptic about them opening the film with 'just' the girl running on the ice. The only prominent cast members would be Rami Malek and a young Madeleine (although that's contested too).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited September 2019 Posts: 45,489
    Only seven months until we find out.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

ie not PTS?

We saw some clapper boards with numbers in the 50s, like 54. For some people this confirms that Matera is not the PTS, as those numbers would place it around SP's Rome car chase.
    However, all clapper boards we saw were second unit, and they may or may not use a different numbering. I'd say we know for sure when we see the scene numbers from the first unit clapper boards.

I’ve been back over several items, as I’ve been busy and haven’t been keeping up to date. I heard about this chase in reasonable detail months and months ago, and the word was it was the PTS, some Materan locals also seemed to suggest this. However, now I’ve had time to look back over the scraps we do have I do believe the clappers we saw are probably accurate.

It appears Norway will feature in the PTS, at least partially, before we hit the titles and then open in Jamaica. This would at least tally with Barbara’s comment about ‘when we meet Bond...’ as in this scenario I reckon he’s absent from the PTS. From Jamaica it will move to Matera, for what I presume will be an almost belated PTS (first big action scene), and then back to Cuba.

This makes the most sense. Though a lot of time and resources were spent on the Mexico PTS, it appears (with the hotel room set) that a lot more time and energy is being spent in Matera than a PTS would warrant.

But if Norway is the PTS, do we expect it to be Bond-less, or if it features Bond, to be completely indoors?
    What they've filmed on location so far (both in Norway itself and parts of England and Scotand doubling for Norway) don't scream 'big stunts PTS', Craig hasn't been on location...

I'm very sceptic about them opening the film with 'just' the girl running on the ice. The only prominent cast members would be Rami Malek and a young Madeleine (although that's contested too).

I would not be surprised if they gave us a Bond-less PTS this time around. I wouldn't be against it, either. I'd imagine there'd be more to it than the girl running across the ice. Perhaps more inside the house before he marks her and sets off after her? A clash with security/guards of some description? Who knows.

Ultimately, what I'm saying is that I'd be quite happy to not have a big stunt in the PTS.
  • There's always the possibility that you have something like OP, in which the PTS follows a double-O who isn't Bond. (Or another ally of whatever stripe.)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    octofinger wrote: »
    There's always the possibility that you have something like OP, in which the PTS follows a double-O who isn't Bond. (Or another ally of whatever stripe.)

That scene in OP is post titles.
    Bensallah’s character
    He is also in the Cuba scenes (108) since he was spotted on the set.
  • RC7RC7

ie not PTS?

What they've filmed on location so far (both in Norway itself and parts of England and Scotland doubling for Norway) don't scream 'big stunts PTS', Craig hasn't been on location...

The best film of the era has a reasonably low-key opening, but is dramatically powerful. Perhaps that’s given them the confidence to go there again.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Guess who...

Awesome

That suit can't be for any filming today? Must be meeting up with Cary & co for dinner or something.

I severely doubt that DC would be on location wearing his costume in Matera for dinner........lol

He's filming or been filming.

james-bond-daniel-craig-via-ridola.jpg

james-bond-daniel-craig.jpg
    T3FO1pb.jpg

I think that is both Linus Sandgren and CJF in the straw hats.

First unit filming has 100% began.

I'm expecting a deluge of Craig photos any minute now........................they won't be on location for long.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Sassilive:

"Daniel Craig reached via D'Addozio for shooting inside the tunnel set up on this access road to the Sasso Barisano and then headed to the Hotel Balcony Buil set up in Sassi di Matera, in the area below piazzetta Pascoli, near via Ridola, in the heart of the historic center of Matera. In the coming days he will also take part in the shooting at the British cemetery built at the Madonna delle Vergini, in the Parco della Murgia Materana.

Meanwhile, another "Daniel Craig", a double, has decided to take a walk in Via Ridola with lots of wallets in his hand full of credit cards and the first shots with mobile phones, which were immediately shared on the main social networks, were not missed."

The second part with wallets/credit cards?? What hell does that mean?

ie not PTS?

The best film of the era has a reasonably low-key opening, but is dramatically powerful. Perhaps that’s given them the confidence to go there again.

I suspect u are right. Less is more.

• edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Daniel Craig, Léa Seydoux and director Cary Joji Fukunaga arrive in the stunning hilltop city of Matera to continue filming NO TIME TO DIE.

BOND-FB-Watermarked-Portrait_V2.jpg

BOND-FB-Watermarked-Portrait.jpg
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    octofinger wrote: »
    There's always the possibility that you have something like OP, in which the PTS follows a double-O who isn't Bond. (Or another ally of whatever stripe.)

That scene in OP is post titles.

LALD, then.
    Guess who...

Awesome

I severely doubt that DC would be on location wearing his costume in Matera for dinner........lol

He's filming or been filming.

james-bond-daniel-craig-via-ridola.jpg

james-bond-daniel-craig.jpg
    T3FO1pb.jpg

I think that is both Linus Sandgren and CJF in the straw hats.

First unit filming has 100% began.

I'm expecting a deluge of Craig photos any minute now........................they won't be on location for long.

Missed Linus & Cary.. Haha

Think you're right about DC. Sasslive writes that he's filming at the tunnel-set at D'Addozio. That pic was taken with the tunnel unseen to the left. Another angle:

ZhEWXdo.jpg

And someone here wrote earlier today that Bond would drive through that tunnel and Matera opens up in front of him.

So in that regard that suit fits the scenario. Light colour meeting a warm/hot beautiful italian town

• Léa looks stunning ^:)^
    They both look good. Craig is a bit comfortable with his hands
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Daniel Craig, Léa Seydoux and director Cary Joji Fukunaga arrive in the stunning hilltop city of Matera to continue filming NO TIME TO DIE.

“You could be a Bond femme fatale with your broken English. You’re sexy but I don’t trust you!”
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Great pics.
  • They look terrific.

I'm not sure if it lines up with what we've seen his stunt double wearing -- they're totally different suits, right? And this is obviously for a different scene/press purposes? (IE, photocalls are often not done in wardrobe). If so, that's a shame, because this one seems an absolute knockout compared to the glimpses we've gotten of the other one.

Nice photos they all look good but why would Lea wear that if they are shooting. Didn't we saw her stunt double wear something different.
    Love the new photos. All involved look terrific!
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering

Nice photos they all look good but why would Lea wear that if they are shooting. Didn't we saw her stunt double wear something different.

Because she is a brand ambassador for Louis Vuitton and the designer keeps putting her in dark clothing (remember the Jamaica photocall?)
    Just press photos I guess. Can’t imagine Cary directs in a suit on location. I love the linen suit mind and Lea looks incredible in the dress.
    leas_mole wrote: »

Because she is a brand ambassador for Louis Vuitton and the designer keeps putting her in dark clothing (remember the Jamaica photocall?)

Yes make sense, could be wrong though but I think press conference must be on the way.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,018
    "- Matera, September 9 Daniel Craig on Monday shot more scenes of the 25th James Bond film, 'No Time To Die', in the famed Sassi area of Matera. Craig drove the iconic Aston Martin through the area and shot in two Sassi squares while director Cari Fukunaga set up a flat overlooking the Sassi. The film is also being shot at Gravina in Puglia."

https://www.ansa.it/english/news/2019/09/09/daniel-craig-shoots-james-bond-in-matera_ace434cd-b069-4e71-b5b3-a0128be4ada1.html

Not a single image or footage yet with Craig driving

//

Photo op behind the scenes

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2019 Posts: 14,861
    She’s the first returning main Bond girl (in character) ever isn’t she? Have I missed one?
    m was the leading Bond girl in Skyfall
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,160
    I think Danny boy is probably getting too old :-)
    BCzi0pw.jpg