No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• A post from a member of the 2nd unit:

Wrapped Italy with 2nd Unit B25.
    Now waiting to welcome Main Unit for another three weeks of filming and fun 😁
    What a life 🥰
    #notimetodie #ijustlovelife #goodvibesonly #matera #007

She has a very interesting Instagram- it also confirms that the second unit wrapped in Jamaica on 31 May 2019 - around a month after the main unit departed. It looks as though the main unit begin work tomorrow on 9 September 2019 in Matera. I imagine that Daniel Craig is on the plane to there now.......Hopefully we get an abundance of set pictures and (maybe) even that set visit.

Also, this is the more definitive response from DC that he's retiring from Bond:

His retirement makes me more pumped for NTTD - I'm looking forward to a proper swan-song and also anticipating a new Bond in a few years. It feels like time for a proper transition. Glad Craig got another go around though. But NTTD is the correct time to walk away.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    It seems like they’re genuinely enjoying filming this movie. Craig will be immensely missed.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,548
    Benny wrote: »
    Craig knows exactly how to handle the press. He didn't say it was his last (though it probably will be) only he thinks so. He still looks good enough to tackle another film if he wanted too.
    I'm sensing we're going to be getting more and more of these videos from now on, with Knives out coming soon, all questions from the media are going to include one about Bond. I have no problems with the way Craig handles them.

In general he has made some bad publicity errors if you ask me. Buttt as of late he is indeed more cheerful, handles the typical Bond questions better, and seems to be liking press interviews more as he did when he was in Jamaica. He's not as enthusiastic though as Tom Cruise, but that's Daniel. I especially liked his remark: "Who's Captain America???". Well done ;-).

Yeah, I think his slip-ups have been few and far between.
    Bounine wrote: »

If Bond was to ever become a woman, the character would no longer be Bond and certainly not James Bond anyway, as James is a male name. :)

Well, there was James King, for a while. Eventually she changed her name to Jaime King.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    He looks slimmer than he did in SF and SP....more akin to the shape in QOS. But he has lost of his jawline from his Layer Cake and CR days.

I think Craig does look a lot better with skinny-fit ties. I'm not overly impressed with his tie choices in NTTD so far.

This is still the optimum look I've seen from DC back in 2008:

daniel-craig-flashbacks-of-a-fool-27.jpg

daniel-craig-and-satsuki-mitchell-uk-film-premiere-of-flashbacks-of-C2NWKC.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Also, it's confirmed that it's Bond who does the motorcycle jump.

18213350-7440375-image-m-39_1567938682002.jpg
    18213352-7440375-image-a-37_1567938333639.jpg

Also, it looks like Dali Bensallah firing the gun in the bottom photo - possibly confirming the theory that he is trying to kill Bond and Swann.

craig really will wear these shoes in the motorcycle chase ? maybe an homage to the clown suit in "octoussy"....
  • The Aston Martins have been prepared for Daniel and Leas's arrival......the question is 'when will they arrive in Matera?'

ED8IvjCXoAAkvHr?format=jpg&name=small

ED8IvjIXYAAxzM3?format=jpg&name=small

Do we have any idea when he'll be on set???
    The Aston Martins have been prepared for Daniel and Leas's arrival......the question is 'when will they arrive in Matera?'

ED8IvjCXoAAkvHr?format=jpg&name=small

ED8IvjIXYAAxzM3?format=jpg&name=small

Do we have any idea when he'll be on set???

Probably on the plane right now, with coconut water or a Bloody Mary on his hands, still wearing the round Vuarnet sunglasses, laid back, fingers against his temples, over the Atlantic, blue skies all around...

Ya know, living the dream, baby.
    Not everything is s homage to octopussy or prior films
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Haha.. Nothing to see here, move along people

Bike stunt

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Contraband wrote: »
    Bike stunt

Love the onlookers reactions.
  • In terms of sequence:

That Triumph scrambler is a fairly distinctive bike, and we've now seen Bond riding it for the jump, and the baddie riding it on the bridge.

Does Bond steal it off the baddie after jumping off the bridge? Is that not Bond at all who jumps from the bridge (hence the necktie)? If the opposite, how does Bond get from the Aston to the bike?
  • RC7RC7
    octofinger wrote: »
    In terms of sequence:

That Triumph scrambler is a fairly distinctive bike, and we've now seen Bond riding it for the jump, and the baddie riding it on the bridge.

Does Bond steal it off the baddie after jumping off the bridge? Is that not Bond at all who jumps from the bridge (hence the necktie)? If the opposite, how does Bond get from the Aston to the bike?

I theorised this a few days back, but with Bond going from the cemetery to the bike to the Aston. I figure the cemetery scene likely wouldn’t happen post chase, but would perhaps be somewhere Bond has to flee and the catalyst for the chase. Bond dives off the bridge, acquires the bike, retrieves DB5, gets Madeleine...

All pretty baseless as I haven’t picked through the videos meticulously in any way. Also I’m theorising based on it being a PTS, which perhaps isn’t true, in which case these locations and others may all come together in a more involved, altogether longer blend of drama/action.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Deadline: Daniel Craig's injury cut Ana de Armas's role short in NTTD

https://deadline.com/2019/09/tom-hanks-eddie-murphy-jennifer-lopez-daniel-craig-among-stars-flooding-tiff-with-dueling-premieres-saturday-toronto-1202728868/

69798185_3001709606720749_707808400819057444_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com

With a key role, Cuban-born actress Ana de Armas (Blade Runner 2049) also wins our attention as kind of a voice of sensibility as Plummer’s nurse. She told me she had never worked with so many stars in one movie before, and that it was a bit daunting, but that they all bonded working for several weeks, and doing everything together in a big mansion in the Boston area where it was all shot. de Armas also went on to work with Craig in the latest James Bond film, No Time To Die, but her time on that set was cut short when Craig got injured. So, instead, during the unexpected hiatus, she came back to L.A. and started work on Blonde, in which she plays none other than Marilyn Monroe. After this weekend’s TIFF activities, she goes back to finish that movie, and then in three weeks, will return to complete No Time To Die, now that Craig has healed from his injuries. He looked great at the premiere, so she is happy to go from Bond to Blonde and back to Bond. Whew!

So it seems that Craig's injury really threw the schedule to the wind. de Armas has had enough time to pencil in another movie and in three weeks time she is back on NTTD to finish the shoot. This girl is busy.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Deadline: Daniel Craig's injury cut Ana de Armas's role short in NTTD

https://deadline.com/2019/09/tom-hanks-eddie-murphy-jennifer-lopez-daniel-craig-among-stars-flooding-tiff-with-dueling-premieres-saturday-toronto-1202728868/

69798185_3001709606720749_707808400819057444_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com

With a key role, Cuban-born actress Ana de Armas (Blade Runner 2049) also wins our attention as kind of a voice of sensibility as Plummer’s nurse. She told me she had never worked with so many stars in one movie before, and that it was a bit daunting, but that they all bonded working for several weeks, and doing everything together in a big mansion in the Boston area where it was all shot. de Armas also went on to work with Craig in the latest James Bond film, No Time To Die, but her time on that set was cut short when Craig got injured. So, instead, during the unexpected hiatus, she came back to L.A. and started work on Blonde, in which she plays none other than Marilyn Monroe. After this weekend’s TIFF activities, she goes back to finish that movie, and then in three weeks, will return to complete No Time To Die, now that Craig has healed from his injuries. He looked great at the premiere, so she is happy to go from Bond to Blonde and back to Bond. Whew!

So it seems that Craig's injury really threw the schedule to the wind. de Armas has had enough time to pencil in another movie and in three weeks time she is back on NTTD to finish the shoot. This girl is busy.
    Looks to me like they merely meant her work on NTTD was interrupted.
    Glad to hear it still worked out in the end. De Armas is probably the most exciting Bond girl announcement for me in the Craig era.
    How much more filming do they have left?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    So that explains what a lot of people here wondered :)
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    How much more filming do they have left?

According to the female Sound Engineer on her insta-account today:

minisavagebjj
    Wrapped Italy with 2nd Unit B25.
    Now waiting to welcome Main Unit for another three weeks of filming and fun 😁
    What a life
    #notimetodie #ijustlovelife #goodvibesonly #matera #007

Second unit wrap party pics

Otherwise it's unknown. Guess more at Pinewood.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    duke_togo wrote: »
    18213350-7440375-image-m-39_1567938682002.jpg

craig really will wear these shoes in the motorcycle chase ? maybe an homage to the clown suit in "octoussy"....

Shoes have dots, they will be CGI'd too.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited September 2019 Posts: 1,006
    [\quote] So it seems that Craig's injury really threw the schedule to the wind. de Armas has had enough time to pencil in another movie and in three weeks time she is back on NTTD to finish the shoot. This girl is busy [/quote]
    Looks to me like they merely meant her work on NTTD was interrupted.
    [/quote]

I wonder if this means they go BACK to Jamaica? Or will this all be done in Pinewood Cuba set?
  • RC7 wrote: »
    In terms of sequence:

I theorised this a few days back, but with Bond going from the cemetery to the bike to the Aston. I figure the cemetery scene likely wouldn’t happen post chase, but would perhaps be somewhere Bond has to flee and the catalyst for the chase. Bond dives off the bridge, acquires the bike, retrieves DB5, gets Madeleine...

All pretty baseless as I haven’t picked through the videos meticulously in any way. Also I’m theorising based on it being a PTS, which perhaps isn’t true, in which case these locations and others may all come together in a more involved, altogether longer blend of drama/action.

Hmmm. . . but then after he dove off the bridge, he'd need to get back up top in order to collect the bike? (Am I remembering right that we saw the baddie parking it on the bridge to shoot at Bond?)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    RC7 wrote: »
    In terms of sequence:

Hmmm. . . but then after he dove off the bridge, he'd need to get back up top in order to collect the bike? (Am I remembering right that we saw the baddie parking it on the bridge to shoot at Bond?)

Bond and Madeleine could split up to allow Madeleine a chance to escape in the car. It is possible that Bond rejoins the chase and acquires the bike after doing the dive. Madeleine, in the meantime, has been incapacitated in the DB5 crash.

Who knows.

Exciting to piece together, though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    In terms of sequence:

Bond and Madeleine could split up to allow Madeleine a chance to escape in the car. It is possible that Bond rejoins the chase and acquires the bike after doing the dive. Madeleine, in the meantime, has been incapacitated in the DB5 crash.

Who knows.

...or she escapes in the meantime? Like you say who knows? Haha :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    In terms of sequence:

Who knows.

...or she escapes in the meantime? Like you say who knows? Haha :)

Exactly! We only have glimpses so far, no way of discerning for sure what will happen. Just as it should be. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    In terms of sequence:

Very possible. Like I said, I haven’t a clue!
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 154
    @RC7 from your contacts on the production, is the general feeling around the film, positive?

BTW - thank you for your continued insight and tidbits regarding the film!
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I feel like filming is going to inevitably go beyond October despite what Craig said. Then again, maybe they'll just have a very busy October once the full cast is back on set. I suppose much can be accomplished over another six or seven weeks of filming.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Wow basically they will shoot in every Southern Italy region. After Gravina di Puglia and Matera they will film in Sapri (Campania region), at Maratea's panoramic coastline (Basilicata region) and now also at the incredible Arcomagno beach in San Nicola Arcella (Calabria region) for a one day shoot. I believe this last location will replace the long rumored beach location of Marina di Pisticci.

The supposed wedding to take place here?

yescalabria_expedia_san_nicola_arcellaJPG-min.jpg

Reminds of the place used in the film "The Beach"?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Daniel Craig arrives today or tomorrow to film at the cemetery.

What about if the name on the grave is not Vesper... but Madeleine?

Craig 100% won’t be in Matera today, he was already confirmed to be in attendance at TIFF in Toronto, CA for the premiere of Knives Out (which is tonight).

My fault. You were perfectly right, I misunderstand "a couple of days" ;)

He arrives today. 9th is in Matera.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Finally!