No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• I really hope De Armas really is like an MI6 contact in Cuba.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    I really hope De Armas really is like an MI6 contact in Cuba.

She plays Malek's girlfriend who Bond needs to 'save' from his clutches, only for it to be revealed that she was Cuban Intelligence all along.

Also....
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I really hope De Armas really is like an MI6 contact in Cuba.

She plays Malek's girlfriend who Bond needs to 'save' from his clutches, only for it to be revealed that she was Cuban Intelligence all along.

Also....

Translation

"Daniel Craig landed in the Bari Palese airport in the evening and headed for a secret location on the Ionian coast of Matera for his first Italian night in view of the shooting scheduled for next week in Matera. Daniel Craig reached Italy from Toronto, where he had participated in the TIFF, the Toronto International Film Fest.

They are ready to shoot the scenes in Matera after reaching the respective accommodation facilities including the actresses and the main actors of the cast: Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Rami Malek, Lea Seydoux and Ana De Armas.

Daniel Craig will shoot in the city of the Sassi interior scenes, in particular in the Balcony Buil Hotel set up in the Sassi of Matera, in the area below Piazzetta Pascoli, in the heart of the historical center of Matera and in the British cemetery built near the Madonna delle Vergini, in the Park of Murgia Materana."

Found the schedule and maps for the Sapri location shoot. Turns out that Lotus Production that has helped us with Matera-material also has a dedicated Sapri site with all info. Production shuts down this area 8-12 sept. while filming itself takes place 10-11 sept. Coastal highway from Sapri - Spiaggia Di Mezzanotte (Midnight beach) - to a cemetary (red arrow) called Cimitero di Acquafredda.

And the production returns to Sapri on 23-25 sept.

r04Lxdl.jpg

Map

Spiaggia Di Mezzanotte (Midnight beach) looks like this

LoZp5nU.jpg

Lotus:

mappa-viabilit%C3%A0-alternativa-SS18-completa-2.jpg
    mappa-viabilit%C3%A0-alternativa-SS18-completa-1.jpg
    mappa-viabilit%C3%A0-alternativa-SS18-completa-3.jpg

Why another cemetary? Why is this so important? Cimitero di Acquafredda is mentioned specific in Lotus own info as the end point along the highway (la Strada SS18 Tirrenica Inferiore) that will be closed off.

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited September 2019 Posts: 524
    Contraband wrote: »
    Why another cemetary? Why is this so important? Cimitero di Acquafredda is mentioned specific in Lotus own info as the end point along the highway (la Strada SS18 Tirrenica Inferiore) that will be closed off.

Thank you for the info and the hard work! To answer your question, I can see two possible answers:
    1. The Acquafredda cemetery seems more closed off from privy eyes. If they want to shoot some spoilery scenes, they'll have less privy eyes than the Matera one.
    2. They always meant to shoot at Acquafredda, but weren't allowed to shoot action scenes at a real cemetery. With the second unit on standby in Matera, they'll do action scenes there.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,554
    According to that Sassilive article, they are shooting here, presumably at night. Words cannot describe this setting. (Note the similarity to the colors we saw in the Jamaica shoot video.)

james-bond-sassi-di-matera.jpg
    Read somewhere in italian press a few days ago that explains the dates in Sapri. This week on 10-11 sept. only stuntmen, stand-in people and next week on 23-25 the main actors.

Which means that Craig & co can film in Matera this week.

The italian stay is scheduled for three more weeks starting today according to the production staff-girl (sound department) from second unit.
    Sapri port, beach tonight

octofinger wrote: »
    Does Bond steal it off the baddie after jumping off the bridge? Is that not Bond at all who jumps from the bridge (hence the necktie)? If the opposite, how does Bond get from the Aston to the bike?
    Probably escapes on foot and somehow manages to get the better of the guy riding the bike. Look closely:
    No from today :

Zekidk wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    Does Bond steal it off the baddie after jumping off the bridge? Is that not Bond at all who jumps from the bridge (hence the necktie)? If the opposite, how does Bond get from the Aston to the bike?
    Probably escapes on foot and somehow manages to get the better of the guy riding the bike. Look closely:

This could be the key moment or seconds later in his sprint when Bond jumps and throws himself at the baddie on the bike and steels it. Something like that
    Main unit shoots today in Matera
    "Filming scheduled for Monday 9 September in Via D’Addozio to shoot scenes with cars crossing a specially constructed tunnel."

- Via D’Addozio, Via Fiorentini, Via S. Antonio Abate, Via Madonna delle Virtù to Gun Gate

09-Settembre_page-0001.jpg
    james-bond-tunnel-via-daddozio-3.jpg
    james-bond-tunnel-via-daddozio.jpg

All streets today. Could mean we will see DC in the Aston Martin with the stunt driver on top in his box doing the actual stearing.
    harryminter
    Sometimes my job is alright 😎🤘🏽🎥 #film #movies #filmmaker #assistantdirector #onlocation #matera #italy #helicopter

• edited September 2019 Posts: 2,598

Good lord, that tie... I don’t even like blue shirts with tan suits. For me, white or black shirts are better with such colored suits. I do like the actual suit though.

Bond might bring 3 buttons back into fashion. I have a black number with 3 buttons. I had it made in 2013 too as I don’t care about fashion. :)

That 3 button suit is appalling, so is the tie and those suspenders. Let's hope Craig pulls it off.
    Oh yeah, I don’t know what they were thinking with the suspenders too. Personally, I’ve nothing against 3 buttons though. Maybe he’ll have his jacket on the whole time, unless I’ve missed something... I can’t stand those suits that come almost up to your neck however.

Wouldn’t mind having a replica of my own. I prefer the vantage though.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Bounine wrote: »

Good lord, that tie... I don’t even like blue shirts with tan suits. For me, white or black shirts are better with such colored suits. I do like the actual suit though.

Bond might bring 3 buttons back into fashion. I have a black number with 3 buttons. I had it made in 2013 too as I don’t care about fashion. :)

Love this look. It fits perfectly with the color palette of the setting.
    Where does the burgundy come into it though?
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    You see that the suspenders are there to keep the stuntman waist band in place, right?
    Why are you panicking on something worn by a stuntman in an action scene in which you'll notice everything but the tie?
    Sometimes you guys are a mistery to me
    You see that the suspenders are there to keep the stuntman waist band in place, right?
    Why are you panicking on something worn by a stuntman in an action scene in which you'll notice everything but the tie?

Sure but there’s still a possibility that Bond may take his jacket off at some point. Let’s just hope that they will have decided to remove them at this point. They may think that a standard pair of sky blue suspenders is just the ticket for a 2020 Bond. I’ll have many sleepless nights until I actually see the film. ;)
    Bounine wrote: »

Sure but there’s still a possibility that Bond may take his jacket off at some point. Let’s just hope that they will have decided to remove them at this point. They may think that a standard pair of sky blue suspenders is just the ticket for a 2020 Bond. I’ll have many sleepless nights until I actually see the film. ;)

@Bounine is right. The suspenders closely match the shirt so that if the stunt man's jacket flaps open a bit too much with all the running and jumping around, the suspenders will be less noticeable, if seen at all - sure u can paint anything out these days, but being practical on set is always the first and smartest approach. The jacket seems buttoned the entire time anyway, so it really is nothing more than that.

That's in Sapri.
    It's what I think too but what are they doing here, according to infolotusmatera they should shoot at Matera today.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    They are going to shoot the Tunnel today. At around 5 pm. But we don't know if Craig is going to be there. The crew has been preparing the set all day.
    It's what I think too but what are they doing here, according to infolotusmatera they should shoot at Matera today.

It goes like this:

10-11 sept: Filming in Sapri, along the coastal highway. Only stuntdrivers/stand-ins. Next week in Sapri 23-25 sept with the main cast.

9-13 sept: Main cast in Matera. everday. Even returning to the big square - Piazza San Pietro Caveoso - where they had all the cars and bikes together driving in circles.

By now I know every street name and open places they been shooting at

8-}