NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

MrBondMrBond Station S
edited December 2019 in No Time To Die News And Spoilers Posts: 2,044
I haven't been following the production at all, and I intend to just watch the trailers in before the release of the film.

So this will be the thread for all of us that don't want to take part in the production thread, but still want to discuss the upcoming trailers.
When do we think the teaser will arrive (on friday to coincide with "Hobbs & Shaw"?) or later?
What can we expect to see at this early stage? What WOULD YOU like to see in the trailers?

Edit:
And here we have the teaser for the teaser that arrives on wednesday:
twitter.com/007/status/1201310009553850368?s=20
https://youtu.be/QMrGxC60vzk

And finally, here we are. THE TRAILER

Comments

• JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    My guess is that the teaser wil be released somewhere in September and the full trailer somewhere early 2020.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Just saw the title of the thread and my heart skipped a beat haha
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Yeah, seeing how many are eager to get one, I'm worried this title will draw some bad blood.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I have changed it to add clarification of the nature of the thread.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    God for a second I really thought they release the trailer, damn you @MrBond
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    I thought the trailer was released, felt my heart drop :(
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Even with the title changed I thought we got a confirmation that a trailer would be released on Wednesday.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 832
    Walecs wrote: »
    Even with the title changed I thought we got a confirmation that a trailer would be released on Wednesday.
    Haven't seen any news about a trailer whatsoever? Also thought they released a trailer from the title.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343
    It’s about time. I still hope it will come out in the month of August, hopefully with some sort of invitation of the press on the Matera set. The teaser will come out throughout the Italian shoots, it cannot come out later.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Don't tug on my heart strings like that!
    Starting to worry it may not come until September or later, but I’m hoping for August. It’s silly we still don’t have a title yet. I just assume at this point that they’ll come together.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    What speaks for a earlier trailer is to establish the title in the minds of the audiences. EON would probably like to set the title as early as possible, and a teaser would be the perfect occasion for that.
    I thought something had happened too! ~X(
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    God for a second I really thought they release the trailer, damn you @MrBond

Well, we aim to please.
    @MrBond I nearly had a heart attack reading the title of this thread!
    Does anyone think we will get a teaser poster Thursday with a title and then the actual trailer on Friday?
    I really wish. Shouldn’t we have heard something by now if it was this week? Or would it be a last minute announcement?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Thanks for establishing this discussion and adjusting the title, @MrBond.

This thread title is the biggest tease ever.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    If I recall correctly, they teased the trailer the day before it was released both before SF and SP.
    The trailer for Skyfall premiered on Good Morning Britain and SP was released directly on YouTube.
    As mentioned on Production Timeline - heard from someone who works at a US cinema and no teaser on Hobbs and Shaw, just Mendes' 1917 is the new/big one.

Which leads us to next possible option which is in time for Joker in early October... so mid/late Sept online, could also go in front of Ad Astra and Downton Abbey.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400
    antovolk wrote: »
    As mentioned on Production Timeline - heard from someone who works at a US cinema and no teaser on Hobbs and Shaw, just Mendes' 1917 is the new/big one.

Which leads us to next possible option which is in time for Joker in early October... so mid/late Sept online, could also go in front of Ad Astra and Downton Abbey.

Ouch......thanks for the update.

Outside of the USA, attaching trailers is a little antiquated. Often the projectionist at any given cinema gets to choose what plays in front of a film. It's always been that way in the UK.

Also, @antovolk I think you are wrong in saying it will come in October, especially since 'It Chapter Two' is coming early September, and, given current tracking, is looking to make in excess of $700-800m. Which is more than 'Hobbs and Shaw' is on track for.

So that could be the film to look out for....Which means Eon could drop the trailer in mid-August in time for the Italy set visit.

Plus, 'attaching trailers' is so old-fashioned int he internet game. You get more eyeballs on your trailer through social media.
    It might have been a good time to stick it in with the new Brad Pitt,Leo Dicaprio flick.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,164

Outside of the USA, attaching trailers is a little antiquated. Often the projectionist at any given cinema gets to choose what plays in front of a film. It's always been that way in the UK.

Also, @antovolk I think you are wrong in saying it will come in October, especially since 'It Chapter Two' is coming early September, and, given current tracking, is looking to make in excess of $700-800m. Which is more than 'Hobbs and Shaw' is on track for.

So that could be the film to look out for....Which means Eon could drop the trailer in mid-August in time for the Italy set visit.

Plus, 'attaching trailers' is so old-fashioned int he internet game. You get more eyeballs on your trailer through social media.

It Chapter 2 is a fair possibility given how big it is, but it is a horror...not 100% sure on the suitability. But for all we know, could def do mid-August for trailer alongside the Italy set visit that is timed for the big September films and Joker (we're just assuming it's happening, right? We don't know for sure)

As I said earlier in another thread though, as old-fashioned as it is, 'attachments' are still done...it's a force of habit for distributors, easier when planning a trailer launch to work backwards from a particular movie release rather than plucking a date/week for the online drop out of thin air. Been following this stuff for TrailerTrack for years and, aside from Netflix, this has always been the case. You are right though, the US is much more rigid with trailer placements (though it's not quite laissez-faire elesewhere but yes, final decision is with cinema in the UK) which is why it remains important. Many people still see trailers in cinemas - in-cinema advertising is a crucial part of the mix. Not about one or the other (social media) but both.

It Chapter 2 is a fair possibility given how big it is, but it is a horror...not 100% sure on the suitability. But for all we know, could def do mid-August for trailer alongside the Italy set visit that is timed for the big September films and Joker (we're just assuming it's happening, right? We don't know for sure)

As I said earlier in another thread though, as old-fashioned as it is, 'attachments' are still done...it's a force of habit for distributors, easier when planning a trailer launch to work backwards from a particular movie release rather than plucking a date/week for the online drop out of thin air. Been following this stuff for TrailerTrack for years and, aside from Netflix, this has always been the case. You are right though, the US is much more rigid with trailer placements (though it's not quite laissez-faire elesewhere but yes, final decision is with cinema in the UK) which is why it remains important. Many people still see trailers in cinemas - in-cinema advertising is a crucial part of the mix. Not about one or the other (social media) but both.

Joker is also an R-rated character study with 'horror' elements. It's as risky a bet as It Chapter Two to attach a Bond trailer too.

Its difficult to anticipate how Eon will schedule their marketing campaign. When the films were being released by Sony there was some uniformity, but that has changed now with Bond 25.

I suspect the trailer will arrive sometime in the week commencing 26th August to coincide with the Italy set visit and the release of It Chapter Two.

It seems weird for Eon not to take the opportunity that Hobbs and Shaw presents as numerous other 2020 trailers will suck up the oxygen in Sept/Oct such as Wonder Woman 1984, Birds of Prey and Tenet. Though that is good company to be amongst.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,164

Joker is also an R-rated character study with 'horror' elements. It's as risky a bet as It Chapter Two to attach a Bond trailer too.

I mean, I'd argue Joker is more 'prestige'...and would be a better fit IMO. But that's out of the two though. If it's released late August not attaching to It would be weird indeed.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    I have a feeling that we'll get teaser in coming days.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Pavlo wrote: »

Of course you do we are all fans, our feelings always wants something from our favorite franchise.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Pavlo wrote: »

Of course you do we are all fans, our feelings always wants something from our favorite franchise.

Or promo video about Pinewood part of filming. It will be logical and interesting after such promo about Jamaica shoot.