No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 512
    I have a question: We know the second unit is shooting in Scotland. But where is the first unit currently shooting, still at Pinewood??
    JWPepper wrote: »
    I have a question: We know the second unit is shooting in Scotland. But where is the first unit currently shooting, still at Pinewood??

My understanding is that the first unit just wrapped a week filming in Scotland. Now they spend the next week or two in Pinewood before heading to Italy for two weeks.

Then it's back to Pinewood for two more months before they wrap.......

So all in all, they would have shot in Pinewood for just under 5 months, with around 5 weeks of location filming.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,449
    With in small 3 hrs , 30 minutes Eon wil give us...

A. Title
    B. Nothing

Then it is 04.00 AM. My yearly event....
    I wonder if they’re halfway through Filming. Feels smaller than spectre
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I just watched Years and Years. In one scene, a young girl is wearing
    that rainbow jacket, years into the future. So...not a flashback?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    echo wrote: »
    I just watched Years and Years. In one scene, a young girl is wearing
    that rainbow jacket, years into the future. So...not a flashback?

I believe we already established that jacket is currently produced and is not retro whatsoever.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    JWPepper wrote: »

My understanding is that the first unit just wrapped a week filming in Scotland. Now they spend the next week or two in Pinewood before heading to Italy for two weeks.

Then it's back to Pinewood for two more months before they wrap.......

So all in all, they would have shot in Pinewood for just under 5 months, with around 5 weeks of location filming.

Thanks for the reply. It's not much location filming then, isn't it?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

There were no posts from Cary for a while. Great that he is back.
    Interesting what they are planning to film with this green screen room.
    Pavlo wrote: »

Something that needs green screen flooring… Could it be car related?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I wonder if they’re halfway through Filming. Feels smaller than spectre

Because...?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

Who knows?... It can be probably anything. Too few information.
    Production team is doing great to keep story, plot, key action pieces in secret. Maybe Matera, Puglia will open simething due to its openness, but in overall really good work from team.

Who knows?... It can be probably anything. Too few information.
    Production team is doing great to keep story, plot, key action pieces in secret. Maybe Matera, Puglia will open simething due to its openness, but in overall really good work from team.

Indeed, it can really be anything. I love how they're keeping things under wraps; we know so little!

It's also great that Fukunaga is sharing Instagram posts and stories, even if there's little to piece together from them.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I love how they're keeping us on edge. What some have come to call a "troubled production", I call an admirable new marketing strategy. ;-) From the bits we've been fed, I'd call this anything but a troubled production. Also, why would they need the press? The Internet is doing it for them! Everyone knows a new Bond film is coming because of all those moronic tweets and FB posts concerning the "new female Bond" and whatnot. Then, sometime soon or not so soon, EON will take us by surprise and shoot a poster, a trailer, a whatever at us. I'm going to love that moment.

I remember that the first time I saw the trailer for TWINE was when I had purchased the soundtrack for the film. (Remember when they thought it was hip to include some "CD-ROM" space on a music CD?) That was a mere few weeks before the film's release. It didn't make me lose interest in it, though. As for GE, I hadn't even seen the full trailer until after seeing the film. Good thing too, because I was just young enough to be surprised that it was Alec all along. The trailer would have spoiled that big time for me. ;-)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I love how they're keeping us on edge. What some have come to call a "troubled production", I call an admirable new marketing strategy. ;-) From the bits we've been fed, I'd call this anything but a troubled production. Also, why would they need the press? The Internet is doing it for them! Everyone knows a new Bond film is coming because of all those moronic tweets and FB posts concerning the "new female Bond" and whatnot. Then, sometime soon or not so soon, EON will take us by surprise and shoot a poster, a trailer, a whatever at us. I'm going to love that moment.

I remember that the first time I saw the trailer for TWINE was when I had purchased the soundtrack for the film. (Remember when they thought it was hip to include some "CD-ROM" space on a music CD?) That was a mere few weeks before the film's release. It didn't make me lose interest in it, though. As for GE, I hadn't even seen the full trailer until after seeing the film. Good thing too, because I was just young enough to be surprised that it was Alec all along. The trailer would have spoiled that big time for me. ;-)

A voice of reason.
    =D>
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I love how they're keeping us on edge. What some have come to call a "troubled production", I call an admirable new marketing strategy. ;-) From the bits we've been fed, I'd call this anything but a troubled production.

As I've said a few times; we've actually had loads of stuff from the set. A trailer would be lovely but we don't need it- they give us loads.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,169
    an admirable new marketing strategy.
    If "any kind of press is good press", you are almost on point.

But usually during the production fase you'll want to highlight/brand things that are going to sell the product, don't you? Like nowhere-to-be-seen Oscarwinner Rami Malek for example. But now he is presumably done shooting and back in N.Y., without any kind of press. Not a single photo of him on set or with any other from the cast. Nothing. It was like he was never there. Why keep the biggest scoop (at least for many americans) away from publicity? I don't find that admirable, but rather stupid, from a marketing strategy point of view that is.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Zekidk wrote: »

But usually during the production fase you'll want to highlight/brand things that are going to sell the product, don't you? Like nowhere-to-be-seen Oscarwinner Rami Malek for example. But now he is presumably done shooting and back in N.Y., without any kind of press. Not a single photo of him on set or with any other from the cast. Nothing. It was like he was never there. Why keep the biggest scoop (at least for many americans) away from publicity? I don't find that admirable, but rather stupid, from a marketing strategy point of view that is.

Maybe because you're not in marketing? There's no need to use everything you've got all at once. Were you really not interested by the Jamaica location filming, the London stuff, the new cars etc.? You just want to see Malek.
    @mtm

What I do, what I want and what I am interested in has nothing to do with it. It's not about me.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400

huh?

The film is 3 months into shooting (around half-way) and 9 months away from release. The marketing has scarcely began.

We have basically had the Jamaica launch – which Malek was HEAVILY pushed at despite not being in attendance – and a video from the set. I mean, the fact that GMA interviewed the villain of the upcoming Bond film on their set prior to him beginning filming is staggering. Surely a first for a Bond film, I mean it’s not like he was video-linked from the Bond set, he’s there with George Stephanopoulos and filming had yet to even begin. He's basically there to talk about what an honour it is and what bond films he's watched recently!

This is a long way of saying that it’s VERY early and all signs point to a strong marketing campaign (so far). Any concern that the marketing is poor is more indicative of your lack of patience than anything else.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,169
    Any concern that the marketing is poor is more indicative of your lack of patience than anything else.

The premise was me responding to this:

And except that specific point regarding Malek, I am not arguing that marketing is poor in general (I don't agree with you that "marketing has scarcely began" - it began the moment B25 was announced.)

Look, first of all, I am not a Malek fan. I don’t even think he is that great of an actor, and based on the time he has been involved with B25 I would say that he most likely will have as much screen time as Dr.No, meaning very little.

But there have been so many headlines and stories about him doing B25. Positive news. But that was months before production even began. Since then it’s been all quiet. I honestly don’t understand the secrecy when you have a golden goose onboard.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,043
    The fact we haven't a clue what this film is going to be and possibly some of the speculation from the things that have been leaked could all play into misdirection.

Look there has been no confirmation of this 007 idea, not saying I would be bothered if it was part of the film but it all comes from so called sources leaking stuff.

I believe EON are playing a very shrewd game here after all the embarassing washing of their dirty linen in public the last time round.

The teaser trailer will be our first indication of where this is going possibly, although if it's like the SPECTRE teaser which we only could surmise more from because of the script leaks and the title itself being a big spoiler then maybe it will be just that a tease and we'll have to wait till the full theatrical trailer to give us an idea of what this film is going to be all about.

I for one would much rather have what we have now with Bond 25 than what we had with SPECTRE at this stage of the process, exciting hardly covers my feelings about this film.
    My theory :

1564484693-67367635-2351151401819568-214510788684021760-n.png

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    @mtm

What I do, what I want and what I am interested in has nothing to do with it. It's not about me.

Well I won't listen to you then! :D
  • And it's never perhaps been considered by the detractors that the reason there has been no on set publicity of Malek is because they want to keep aspects of his character under wraps? He hasn't even been named yet, not even in rumour. Marketing is of course a big part of film making, but I deplore such advertisements that run risk of ruining the enjoyment of the movie by giving everything away. Besides that, we've barely seen any of the actors in an official capacity on set yet. And sparsely through locational press photography. So I'm quite unsure what the big deal is?
    We have basically had the Jamaica launch – which Malek was HEAVILY pushed at despite not being in attendance – and a video from the set. I mean, the fact that GMA interviewed the villain of the upcoming Bond film on their set prior to him beginning filming is staggering.

Wasn't it confirmed by that point that Malek had already done a week full of scenes in Norway?
    Look, first of all, I am not a Malek fan. I don’t even think he is that great of an actor, and based on the time he has been involved with B25 I would say that he most likely will have as much screen time as Dr.No, meaning very little.

Personally, I think Malek is a good actor, so it will be interesting to see him in Bond 25. But I don't find him on level with David Dencik (in my opinion the best actor of the cast), who will probably only have a minor role.
    My theory :

1564484693-67367635-2351151401819568-214510788684021760-n.png

This is great, haha!
  • RC7RC7
    They always load things towards release and go big. The other ‘franchises’ have larger, more rabid, dummy-spitting fanbases, who they need to pacify.

The hardcore Bond fanbase, much like EON themselves, is more ‘community’ than ‘conglomerate’, so while they do give us morsels we aren’t important enough to be fed a steady diet of juicy information.

These pictures are primarily produced for the wider audience and the marketing will reflect that to a certain degree, especially in terms of level and volume.

It’s really a matter of patience.
    I wouldn’t say I neccesrily need a trailer, I would just like to see one. I mean I’m not going to boycott the film because they won’t release a trailer, we’re all going to see the film anyway.
    I reckon around September time for the first teaser trailer.
    I reckon around September time for the first teaser trailer.

Set visit in Italy is next month though.....