No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• RyanRyan Canada
    Just the look of this film is enough to squash any minor concerns I might have. The locations and cinematography look top notch so far. It looks like they are exploiting the locations this time as well which to me will make for a tighter film. All the location jumping in SPECTRE just felt kind of useless to me. Changing locations for the sake of changing locations while losing focus on the plot.

I think my only real concern is going to be that the plot and writing can hold it all together, especially with so many characters in the mix. I'll remain optimistic that the ensemble of characters turns out like GoldenEye where we had a colourful set of villains that did not feel underdeveloped.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I suppose we’ll know this week if a trailer is imminent.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I'm liking all the locations its reminding me of the old days.
    New video from the set (presumedly in Italy) - looking good......
    Which cathedral is this? I have a hard time identifying it (going by the tower shown). It's not Matera.
    Soo when are we getting the teaser
    I think this might be the first Bond film with a real sense for place in a very long time.
    Getafix wrote: »
    I think this might be the first Bond film with a real sense for place in a very long time.

Huh?

I really though SF captured London in a much more honest and sincere way. It felt like the London I see everyday, but there was still something cinematic about it.

Plus, such location in SP really has a different flavour and elevates the film considerably. Essentially, the film changes tone with each location. Which is something I love about that film.

Now on to the trailer....Hobbs and Shaw gets released on Thursday in most territories internationally. So I would assume that we'll get the trailer by Wednesday by the latest.

Which means the hypse should begin by Monday or Tuesday. Expect posters and trailer teasers (remember them?) within the next 48 hours.

However.......just to throw caution to the wind, this is mostly just wishful thinking. @antovolk will be able to confirm soon enough.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Which cathedral is this? I have a hard time identifying it (going by the tower shown). It's not Matera.
    It's in Split, the Roman Forum. I really doubt this guy has anything to do with B25.
    Station_Z wrote: »
    It's in Split, the Roman Forum. I really doubt this guy has anything to do with B25.

I really think he is pulling our legs. Even regarding that yacht and the helicopter. It's all probably a load of b.s.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    The Italy shoot looks promising, hoping for a bit of sneaky Bond in the film somewhere. Hopefully we here some news about a teaser soon
    Univex wrote: »

I really think he is pulling our legs. Even regarding that yacht and the helicopter. It's all probably a load of b.s.

I tend to agree. However:
    "James Bond 25 eyeing location shoot in Croatia"
    https://www.thelocationguide.com/2017/02/james-bond-25-eyeing-location-shoot-in-croatia/

We knew nothing of Scotland until recently.

https://www.thelocationguide.com/2017/02/james-bond-25-eyeing-location-shoot-in-croatia/

That's true. Yeah.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

That's true. Yeah.

The Mayor of Dubrovnik must be excited!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Plus, Croatia was mentioned a while back... :-?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Croatia first rumoured back when Boyle was working on the film?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Croatia first rumoured back when Boyle was working on the film?

Precisely. :-?

I wouldn't mind seeing this:

pWUN9r3.jpg
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I believe Croatia was one of the first locations attached to this film since it was announced.
    I think Croatia actually dates back to before Boyle's script, and was part of the very first P&W draft - before a director was even attached.
    :-c
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,279
    Thank you all! :)

Is it possible that some locations have been carried over from the Boyle film? Certainly wouldn't mind Croatia as a Bond film location (ref. the image @JamesCraig posted).

Edit: Didn't see @FoxRox's comment. Makes sense for Croatia to feature, then.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    edited July 2019 Posts: 323
    Croatia can be used as Italy in film. Film in entering final stages of production and there can be some budget issues. Croatia is cheaper and has similar look to some parts of Italy.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Croatia was rumored as far back as early 2017. Didn't think it had any credibility.
    For as long as it took to make this film it better be up there with CR.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Wow there's a lot of locations in this movie. Wonder if they will double for each other (Scotland for Norway) and how they will all fit into the story
    jake24 wrote: »
    Croatia was rumored as far back as early 2017. Didn't think it had any credibility.

With this production, what has?
    :-\" :P
    Wonder if Nomi will get any big stunts in this. I saw A View to A Kill recently and that May Day jump from Eiffel Tower is marvelous!
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,168
    Pavlo wrote: »
    Croatia is cheaper .

The region of Puglia where all the filming takes place in southern Italy is often referred to as "poor man's Italy", and in Split and Dubrovnik in Croatia prices have skyrocketed the last 10-20 years. So...

Think it all comes down to incentives. Norway is the most expensive place in Europe, but the incentives made it happen.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,168
    ... (double post)
    Getafix wrote: »

Huh?

I really though SF captured London in a much more honest and sincere way. It felt like the London I see everyday, but there was still something cinematic about it.

Plus, such location in SP really has a different flavour and elevates the film considerably. Essentially, the film changes tone with each location. Which is something I love about that film.

Now on to the trailer....Hobbs and Shaw gets released on Thursday in most territories internationally. So I would assume that we'll get the trailer by Wednesday by the latest.

Which means the hypse should begin by Monday or Tuesday. Expect posters and trailer teasers (remember them?) within the next 48 hours.

However.......just to throw caution to the wind, this is mostly just wishful thinking. @antovolk will be able to confirm soon enough.

SF didn't capture London for me but as you probably know can't stand the movie anyway.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I visited Dubrovnik years ago; it's a stunning city. Croatia offers a wealth of potential locations.