No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I have this strange feeling that Malek's character will drive the Valhalla.

• edited July 2019 Posts: 17,295
    JamesCraig wrote: »

…and possibly be the owner the big yacht? It would be cool with another crazy, multimillionaire villain. The Valhalla certainly looks like the kind a car a character like that would drive.

…and possibly be the owner the big yacht? It would be cool with another crazy, multimillionaire villain. The Valhalla certainly looks like the kind a car a character like that would drive.

But MI6 love Aston Martin! The villains prefer Jaguars.

Also, the Valhalla (such a cool name) that will be used in Bond25 was unveiled recently in Japan! It varies from the one that was unveiled to the press in June.You can clearly seen the colour and the badge is indented and 3D - unlike the version in the press videos.

f-1-765x510.jpg
    f-7-660x440.jpg
    r-4-660x440.jpg
    s-2-660x440.jpg

Villains can love Aston Martin too…

Plus, wasn't that a Jag f-pace, or e-pace behind it? I mean, behind the filming truck? Malek and his entourage, perhaps?
    So cool seeing the Valhalla getting chased by a helicopter! Reminds me of TSWLM!!!!!!

I was initially rather surprised by the Valhalla's inclusion. It seemed 'too sporty' for a Bond film.

Bond often drives more elegant vehicles - arguably, they are a little on the dainty and precious side.

However, the Valhalla has really won me over. It has a really cool, dangerous look. Plus, I think Nomi will drive it and it will be used to contrast the new younger 007 against the older 007 in the V8. Smart idea.

Nomi: "He thinks he can stop me with a bloody helicopter, but I´ve got this car with finer lines and slinkier Gadgets than Roger Moore´s Lotus!"
    Bond: "She thinks she can get away because she has this car with finer lines and slinkier Gadgets than Roger Moore´s Lotus, but I´ll Show her how a real man does it!" and crashes the helicopter onto Nomis car. Nomi´s dead, Bond´s fate is unknown, so the Producers can decide if they want to resurrect Bond again, or go on with a new Actor.

Yes, yes... :-?
    Univex wrote: »

Plus, wasn't that a Jag f-pace, or e-pace behind it? I mean, behind the filming truck? Malek and his entourage, perhaps?

There was an SUV at least. I couldn't see properly what brand it was.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

It also looks like the kind of gift Q would give to the brand new 007, while giving James an old model, like he is. The Valhalla sure looks like a step forward from the DB10, from a Q Branch perspective. :D

(Even if I would prefer the DB10).
    matt_u wrote: »

It also looks like the kind of gift Q would give to the brand new 007, while giving James an old model, like he is. The Valhalla sure looks like a step forward from the DB10, from a Q Branch perspective. :D

This could potentially be a great, funny moment in the film. :))

We will see. That 77 m superyacht I think will be owned by Malek. His character can be a kind of crazy evil “Elon Musk” type. BTW, tons of cool vehicles and boats in this movie.

The DB10 was built to showcase the future design language from AM. You are talking about the DB11.

We will see. That 77 m superyacht I think will be owned by Malek. His character can be a kind of crazy evil “Elon Musk” type. BTW, tons of cool vehicles and boats in this movie.

That would be really interesting. Can't help but think of Max Zorin, though.

The DB10 was built to showcase the future design language from AM. You are talking about the DB11.

Lol no I’m not. Who cares about the real world continuity of AM design. We are talking movies here. Who cares if the Valhalla is not a direct evolution of the DB10 design. That wasn’t the point. Point is the Valhalla could be the fashion plate of cars from Q in this movie, just like the DB10 was in SP. It’s not that difficult to understand.
    The Valhalla was in company of a camera car and camera helicopter. They will not be part of the scene.

Yes, me too. Especially since the well known link between Cary and AVtaK. The underrated AVtaK, if you ask me...

Yes, me too. Especially since the well known link between Cary and AVtaK. The underrated AVtaK, if you ask me...

Indeed, and if Cary is in any way inspired by AVTAK – and brings that to Bond 25, we might be in for some really memorable characters.

Lol no I’m not. Who cares about the real world continuity of AM design. We are talking movies here. Who cares if the Valhalla is not a direct evolution of the DB10 design. That wasn’t the point. Point is the Valhalla could be the fashion plate of cars from Q in this movie, just like the DB10 was in SP. It’s not that difficult to understand.

Ok whatever. ~O)
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 832
    I for one really like the Valhalla and have wanted a more sporty car for some time.
    How good were the days when Bond could drive a white lotus and no one would dream of complaining...
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,169
    So Malek is back in N.Y. shooting Mr.Robot after spending a couple of weeks in London doing B25. No publicity surrounding it and not a single photo or paparazzi-shot of him on set or with any other from the cast or production team? I find this strange.
    Strange...and awesome!
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Not unheard of, but impressive nevertheless. It's similar to how the casting of Ian McDiarmid went completely unspoiled for the upcoming Star Wars film (much to the happiness of Abrams). Not a single leaked photograph.
  • manovermanover uk
    It could be that he simply hasnt shot any scenes yet for bond 25..
    Surely paparazzi would have got him at the airport at least.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Zekidk His stuff is probably more studio based.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Wasn't Malek supposed to work on Mr. Robot some more, and then return to Bond 25/Pinewood in September/October?

But it's sure crazy to think that he might've shot the climactic showdown between him and Bond already.
    I love an Aston Martin but that Valhalla is a godawful looking car.

Im happy for Nomi to be driving this. It’s like MI6 has a contract with Aston. Bond will drive his personal db5 which I also like. The bond of the books had a classic car, why not the films.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    we need a trailer and title.

Why do you need a trailer and a title, @007Blofeld? Which world-threatening crisis will be called upon us if you have to wait another month?

@DarthDimi i don't literately need one i just prefer one with all the speculation nonsense
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Yeah, okay, fair enough.
    It just sounds to me like we're going to be making some psychiatrists very rich soon, judging by some people's impatience. ;-)
    I was hoping for early August for a title/teaser, but it looks like it probably won’t happen. It’ll come whenever it comes. Hopefully sooner than later!