R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Just seen this on Twitter and said "Oh no" out loud. BEST FELIX.
  • RIP Mr. Hedison. The best Leiter, to me!
    RIP David Hedison, my first encounter with Felix Leiter in the first ever Bond film I saw in LALD. Left a big impression. Will be sadly missed.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Just heard the news on the passing of David Hedison.

A major part of my childhood was watching him on the old “Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea” TV show, as well as re-runs of “The Fly” (1958). A great Felix Leiter, he will be missed.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Oh no. He was one of the good guys. Who else could seamlessly transition from Moore to Dalton? A true Bond legend. Farewell to Felix.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    David Hedison... RIP. I love you, man.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    R.I.P David Hedison my 2nd favourite Felix.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP Mr Hedison.

Such a pivotal contribution to the Bond franchise. Saddened by his passing. Bye Felix :(
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sad news to learn of the passing of David Hedison. He was a great Felix Leiter in LALD and LTK.
    RIP.
    RIP David Hedison

He was the best Felix Lighter hands down
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Very sad news the David passed away RIP
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    David Hedison was the second Felix Leiter I saw in the theatre in LALD (the first was Norman Burton in 1971, who honestly left no lasting impression with me), and I instantly loved him (due in no small part to the fact that I already knew him from Voyage To The Bottom of The Sea & the movie The Fly as a kid). Imagine my thrill at seeing him AGAIN in LTK. He's a part of us forever.
    RIP Skipper.
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    David Hedison... RIP. I love you, man.

My exact sentiments.

RIP Mr. Hedison. Best damned Leiter we've had. Good actor, and a good man from what I could gather.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    RIP David Hedison

He was the best Felix Lighter hands down

I concur.
    I've been in a funk all day now. I was going to pop in that SAINT episode he was in to honor him. Damn it. That episode isn't in my DVD collection. Crappy day all round.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That Saint episode "Luella" has a James Bond flourish in its final moments, believe it or not.

RIP David Hedison.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Truly a great actor, he filled the screen each time he was on. RIP, Mr. Hedison!
    My favourite Felix too. Had great rapport with both Moore and Dalton
    R.I.P David Hedison.
    He gave a sincere and tough performance in LTK, but I loved too his light comic turn in LALD. Unforgettable in The Fly - that “Help Me” stayed with me for years.

Rest easy David Hedison.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    He'll always be my favorite Felix Leiter. RIP David Hedison.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Farewell to Felix and Captain Lee Crane of the Seaview submarine. "Take her down!" "Aye aye, captain."

RIP

RIP David,thanks for 2 brilliant Felix performances,and for being a great ambassador for Bond.

Sad,sad news....another one gone.
    RIP, Felix..
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Every time I login to find this thread having new posts, my heart sinks.

RIP David Hedison
    RIP David Hedison
    Unforgettable in The Fly - that “Help Me” stayed with me for years.

It also stayed with Sir Roger Moore for a long time. In his filming diary for LALD, he said that every time he and David met, he couldn't help but greet him by saying "Help Me !" in a falsetto voice. funny how the two Bond movies he appeared in were both inspired by the same Bond novel, BTW.
    RIP David Hedison
    RIP David. Fantastic Felix!! LALD is my favorite Bond film! I’m always torn between Jack Lord and David Hedison as my favorite Felix. I love Lord because of his iconic Steve McGarrett on Hawaii Five-O so he was automatically an awesome Felix but then David also had a great presence and chemistry with his Bonds and we saw more of him in the role than we saw Jack.
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    R.I.P David Hedison.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    huge_lighter.jpg

Rip..