No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• So, looking like a big chase involving the DB5. Do we think this will be filmed in Matera? Valhalla looking like it wont see much action.
    I'm okay with the level of promotion thus far, sans the lack of a title. A teaser would be nice but I'd rather it be good rather than pushed out before being ready. But c'mon, they know what the title is by now so why not tell us?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 6,677
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    I'm okay with the level of promotion thus far, sans the lack of a title. A teaser would be nice but I'd rather it be good rather than pushed out before being ready. But c'mon, they know what the title is by now so why not tell us?

So they can reveal it properly in an event or teaser release, as I think they should. Whenever. I just want it to be brilliant.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Nevermind
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited July 2019 Posts: 1,165
    So, looking like a big chase involving the DB5. Do we think this will be filmed in Matera? Valhalla looking like it wont see much action.
    Malek clones Bond, and then he needs to race against like a dozen other Daniel Craig’s (and one Idris Elba) who are all driving identical DB5s on Mario Kart courses.
    Minion wrote: »
    So, looking like a big chase involving the DB5. Do we think this will be filmed in Matera? Valhalla looking like it wont see much action.
    Malek clones Bond, and then needs to race against like a dozen other Daniel Craig’s (and one Iris Elba) who are all driving identical DB5s on Mario Kart courses.

:)) =))
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    A picture of some cars gathered together...

(Those are a whole lot of DB5's!)

That's great! Look at those DB5 replicas; aren't they amazing?

That V8 on the left is an oddity though: it doesn't match the other ones. I wonder if they were in the process of converting it or it's for interior shots or something.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I don't know why but despite the recent news of Bond moving forward and making interesting changes, I think this is still gonna a classic James Bond film. The cars, the cast, the possible plot points and the locations. Damn, bring on April 8 2020.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

You do wonder if they've released this picture because they're about to start using the DB5s, presumably in Matera, yes.

Interesting how the bodyshell comes apart- I guess the bonnets don't open. I wonder how they'll deal with it if it gets smashed up: I'm sure Craig said these are made of carbon fibre or fibreglass- that won't look like metal if they crash it.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,280
    New Instagram story from Fukunaga (just a photo this time):

J5o1sVy.png
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

J5o1sVy.png

Looks like preparing to film some interior scenes in auto as we can see seat on the roof for man who will actually drive a car while filming occur.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Minion wrote: »
    Malek clones Bond, and then he needs to race against like a dozen other Daniel Craig’s (and one Idris Elba) who are all driving identical DB5s on Mario Kart courses.

:)) :)) :)) I'll be honest, I'd pay good money to watch this 😂
    Pavlo wrote: »

J5o1sVy.png

Looks like preparing to film some interior scenes in auto as we can see seat on the roof for man who will actually drive a car while filming occur.

Yep, it looks that way. Maybe we'll get confirmation of who drives this one sometime this week?
    71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

J5o1sVy.png

Yep, it looks that way. Maybe we'll get confirmation of who drives this one sometime this week?
    71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590

Seems like Billy Magnussen in US (according to his IG stories). Ana's also in US. Maybe Daniel and Lea?..

J5o1sVy.png

Seems like Billy Magnussen in US (according to his IG stories). Ana's also in US. Maybe Daniel and Lea?..

Wonder who'll be in the V8 then. It featured in the Atlantic Road part of the shoot.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Red_Snow wrote: »

31JNuJvHz7L._SX425_.jpg

Spectre created a bigger hairbrush ~X(

J5o1sVy.png

Wonder who'll be in the V8 then. It featured in the Atlantic Road part of the shoot.

My guess is the V8 will be the car for the arrival, hence driving over the Atlantic Road in one direction. The Jeep will be the escape vehicle and while being chased driving in the other direction.
    Looks like the db5 finally gets smashed up
  • So, looking like a big chase involving the DB5. Do we think this will be filmed in Matera? Valhalla looking like it wont see much action.
    Tuck91 wrote: »

After being blown up in Skyfall...its faced a lot, that beautiful little car...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

It's symbolic. And that's not a bad thing.

More info about the 3D printed model here:

https://gizmodo.com/skyfall-filmmakers-3d-printed-this-rare-aston-martin-so-5959717

More info about the actual SF car can be found here:

https://astonmartins.com/car/db5-for-007-james-bond-skyfall/

Station_Z wrote: »

J5o1sVy.png

My guess is the V8 will be the car for the arrival, hence driving over the Atlantic Road in one direction. The Jeep will be the escape vehicle and while being chased driving in the other direction.

Good point. That might be the way it plays out.
    A picture of some cars gathered together...

(Those are a whole lot of DB5's!)

Wow. It seems B25 will be the Fast & Furious of the Bond franchise!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

J5o1sVy.png

Or it could be Maddy and Bond in the jeep, with Nomi in the V8??
    Denbigh wrote: »

J5o1sVy.png

Or it could be Maddy and Bond in the jeep, with Nomi in the V8??

It was a male stunt driver in Norway though.

It's interesting we know so little!
    Univex wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Do you guys think the teaser will be linked with Hobbs and Shaw still? I thought we might have heard something about that, but we'll see.
    I do hope we get a teaser and or title soon, just to give us another reason to be excited. I'd love to get a teaser that is just that, and they don't reveal a lot about it but they just give you a small glimpse into the production that gets us talking

EON cannot afford to delay the film again, so they need a trailer out pronto for marketing. Even Top Gun: Maverick has a trailer, and it doesn't come out until next June. :O

And it's the best trailer since the first Fallout trailer.

We do need something to get things moving, IMO. Even the smallish teaser will do.

Yes, we need to win back the audience, who are kinda wondering whether this is a trainwreck or not.

We? I believe the term is "speak for yourself". I for one have not wasted considerable time wondering or trying to convince others that this is a train wreck. Like any Bond movie before it, especially the ones which have reportedly had a plethora of production issues, I have waited patiently knowing that they will reveal what they ought, and show what they have, at the right time: to satisfy the wider audience who are quietly keen to see success, rather than the naysayers who seem determined to loudly find proof of failure. I do not presume I am alone in that belief and yes, whilst I do fully embrace that there has evidently been cause for concern whipped up into hyperbole by an overly keen media, in many instances it is impossible to "win back" , that which never left.

Totally agree, well said !

I really do think it is Nomi's car for the movie? But obviously only time will tell?
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    According to Instagram, the new apparent source for updates on filming, Pollyanne Bennet movement coach for Rami Malek is in London. Could they be filming scenes with him this week at the Scotland shoot?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Where is the website where they predict movie trailer dates? They were accurate with Spectre's trailers when I used it.