No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Apparently, two Aston Martin Valhalla have arrived to Italy. No, no photos... yet. (At least, one is the grey we saw in Pinewood).
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,166
    mtm wrote: »
    They've shot for about two weeks in Norway – of which two locations are in the middle of the woods. I wonder where the money's gone.

A beer in Norway is just under twice the price of one in London.
    And the UK Govenment gives tax relief for movies shooting in Britain.

I still can't see how those two weeks can total to above the grant given the production (which amounts to up to 25 % of total costs). But what do I know, I don't work in film production.

Yes, It's doesn't make much sense to me either. They spent time there planning and excuting a scene on a frozen lake that could be shot anywhere in the northern hemisphere. They even built a cabin for exterior shots, just to take it down again (why don't just rent one of the thousands that are there, like they did in SP?) And then there are some shots of a road that most people outside Norway doesn't even know exists.

For that record-breaking sum, I would say that Norway is underpresented. But who knows... they might be going back there. As far as I know, no one from the main cast have set their feet in Norway, yet.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed that the Ardverikie estate will feature as a location, or is it just speculation because they are shooting a continuation of the Norway chase on the nearby roads?
    My guess is that they are using roads on the estate rather than public roads, so they don't need to close them for traffic.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    edited July 2019 Posts: 252
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Apparently, two Aston Martin Valhalla have arrived to Italy. No, no photos... yet. (At least, one is the grey we saw in Pinewood).
    So many Aston Martin cars this time. They must spent a fortune to be so prominent in this installment. I wouldn't be surprised if Bond 25 is called "VALHALLA" (or something else from the Norse mythology). It would fit with Norway, too.
    Didn’t Scotland double for xxxxx in FRWL (I forget where. Bulgaria?)

Cool. Can't wait for some photos. Gracias!
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    They've shot for about two weeks in Norway – of which two locations are in the middle of the woods. I wonder where the money's gone.

I still can't see how those two weeks can total to above the grant given the production (which amounts to up to 25 % of total costs). But what do I know, I don't work in film production.

Yes, It's doesn't make much sense to me either. They spent time there planning and excuting a scene on a frozen lake that could be shot anywhere in the northern hemisphere. They even built a cabin for exterior shots, just to take it down again (why don't just rent one of the thousands that are there, like they did in SP?) And then there are some shots of a road that most people outside Norway doesn't even know exists.

For that record-breaking sum, I would say that Norway is underpresented. But who knows... they might be going back there. As far as I know, no one from the main cast have set their feet in Norway, yet.

Rami Malek was there.
    Pavlo wrote: »

Rami Malek was there.

Which source?

Rami Malek was there.

Which source?

Brown source.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    So many Aston Martin cars this time. They must spent a fortune to be so prominent in this installment. I wouldn't be surprised if Bond 25 is called "VALHALLA" (or something else from the Norse mythology). It would fit with Norway, too.

That is actually quite a cool name! :D

Someone certainly spent a fortune building those DB5 replicas from scratch! Can't wait to see what they do with them.
    does anyone have access to The Telegraph? It quotes from a new Rami Malek interview for LOVE magazine that mentions 'Rami's next film' which is, of course, Bond 25:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/people/story-behind-rami-maleks-first-film-since-bohemian-rhapsody/

32eln7wr0suwmj0nnr9cozzc1.png?fm=jpg&ixjsv=1.1.1&q=80&w=900

I hope that Rami's flamboyant personal style finds it's way into Bond 25. I need a trailer! Or at least an EW spread!
    It's not about B25 but about:
    It was Malek who approached Grand about collaborating on the film, his first role since winning the Academy Award for Best Actor in February. The resulting semi-improvised short forms part of LOVE’s #MovingLove series, a ‘magazine’ made up of around 50 videos, released on 29th July on YouTube, followed by the latest print issue of the biannual title on 6th August.

Titled The Ben Cobb Show, the action takes place on the set of a 1970s Parkinson-style television series. “It was a golden era [for talk shows],” says Grand, 48, who grew up watching such television as a child in Selly Oak, Birmingham. “They’re such long, in-depth interviews… Someone sitting and drinking and smoking and pontificating about their lives and their careers.”
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Tuxedo wrote: »

Actually I bet there's probably a good Bond title somewhere in all of the old Viking sayings: they're all about death and all that! :)
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

Rami Malek was there.

Which source?

He said he'd already filmed scenes with Cary and Linus and that interview where he said that was recorded when shooting in Jamaica just started. Before that there was only filming in Norway.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @ggl007 No DB5?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    jake24 wrote: »
    @ggl007 No DB5?

He'll drive off in that one with Q at the end of the movie.

Modern times, ey. 8-}
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    @ggl007 No DB5?

He'll drive off in that one with Q at the end of the movie.

Modern times, ey. 8-}

Brave new world.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Location shooting is always expensive and complex. It's all the logistics, especially if dealing with large crews and big action/stunt/SFX scenes. And remember, they may have only physically filmed for one week at the ice-lake, and then two weeks on the roads with vehicles, but before that there was weeks and weeks of location scouting and then prep (including building exterior sets etc.) before principle photography. The costs mount up - fast.

The filmed for three days on the Atlantic Road, not two weeks.

Anyway, I understand that the shoots are expensive, but the incentive scheme grant "may total up to 25 % of the approved production costs relating to the production in Norway". Being granted 47 million Norwegian kroner, you'd think they have much more planned for Norway as a location. Still doesn't make sense to me.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    @ggl007 No DB5?

Yeah I'll be curious to see if the DB5 fakes are there too: that would suggest the Valhalla isn't Bond's ride if that happened.
    @ggl007 No DB5?

Yeah I'll be curious to see if the DB5 fakes are there too: that would suggest the Valhalla isn't Bond's ride if that happened.

It's probably Remi Malek's ,as Bond has the Vantage.
    Just a thought,i have no source.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Nick Nack, Tabasco!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    @ggl007 No DB5?

I think it would be more likely to be the new 007's car: MI6 using Astons as company cars is a bit of a gag.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,166
    He said he'd already filmed scenes with Cary and Linus

Nice one from Malek then, since he wasn’t spotted by anyone in Norway – press or paparazzis – anywhere, either on set or the airport. Waltz take notice!
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    @ggl007 No DB5?

I doubt it, as the Astons are practically always for the good guys now. Wasn't it confirmed somewhere that Jaguar would feature again as the vehicle of choice for the villains, alongside Land Rover?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 138
    @ggl007 No DB5?

I doubt it, as the Astons are practically always for the good guys now. Wasn't it confirmed somewhere that Jaguar would feature again as the vehicle of choice for the villains, alongside Land Rover?

The new Land Rover Defender will have been shown to the public by the time of the Italy shoot so I'm suspecting they may be used by the bad guys in that sequence - would be very surprised if JLR doesn't manage to get it in the film at some point given how important a new vehicle that is for them

There was the electric I Pace in a tweet from the set too.
  • ggl007 wrote: »

That leads me to believe that
    The Valhalla is Nomi's and that she is involved in the PTS
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

That leads me to believe that
    The Valhalla is Nomi's and that she is involved in the PTS

I think this is possible. I don't think the Valhalla will have a substantial amount of screen time, either.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    @ggl007 No DB5?

I don't know if it is there already, but it will... ;)
    I hope :) I'm waiting for good car chase with DB5 (with some classic gadgets).
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Location shooting is always expensive and complex. It's all the logistics, especially if dealing with large crews and big action/stunt/SFX scenes. And remember, they may have only physically filmed for one week at the ice-lake, and then two weeks on the roads with vehicles, but before that there was weeks and weeks of location scouting and then prep (including building exterior sets etc.) before principle photography. The costs mount up - fast.

Thanks, @ColonelSun . Exactly so, I'm sure. And Bond locations need to be filmed with care, meaning they deserve to look incredible on the screen - with Bond 25 I feel sure they will. I'm VERY excited about the locations in this film. So beautiful. And it's not going to be a boring, meh, or same old rehash kind of story. ;)