Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    I know what awaits Bond in the castle:
    KqjFtVL.jpg

B-)

tenor.gif

>:)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @antovolk Have you heard anything on a teaser attached to H&S? When do you reckon we'll know?

The BBFC approved the SP teaser around 10 days prior to the trailer's release, so if the B25 teaser is meant to drop with H&S then I think we'll likely hear something soon.
    jake24 wrote: »
    @antovolk Have you heard anything on a teaser attached to H&S? When do you reckon we'll know?

The BBFC approved the SP teaser around 10 days prior to the trailer's release, so if the B25 teaser is meant to drop with H&S then I think we'll likely hear something soon.

Fingers crossed their is one then!

Still nothing. If with H&S it should be approved by ratings boards in the next week or so - although Universal's Cats trailer is dropping Friday and that still hasn't been rated so...
    antovolk wrote: »

Still nothing. If with H&S it should be approved by ratings boards in the next week or so - although Universal's Cats trailer is dropping Friday and that still hasn't been rated so...

Exactly.

Did you have the head's up on Kingsman 3? That came from nowhere.

Exactly.

Nope, Fox slyly got that rated the day the trailer dropped online, just a few hours after :P

Exactly.

Nope, Fox slyly got that rated the day the trailer dropped online, just a few hours after :P

One might think Universal/EON could muster up the same level of influence if they wished.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Don't worry, Felix Leiter has it covered.

Shapiro is a total pos
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Love Jeffrey. I think most know Ben's reputation and it stinks to high heaven.
    Yep, we need a trailer! Anything to show (again) the quality of what is being filmed.
    Not in the least concerned about any character (or number!) in Bond 25. Just hoping this bonfire of crap dies down soon.
    I definitely think if they haven’t already they should strongly consider dropping the first teaser + title next month, even if it’s very brief. The film is getting more attention than ever, and there’s a golden opportunity to build on the momentum.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I definitely think if they haven’t already they should strongly consider dropping the first teaser + title next month, even if it’s very brief. The film is getting more attention than ever, and there’s a golden opportunity to build on the momentum.

I don't think we'll see it until September (IT:2). But I'll take next month. Hell yes.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    r3z3png2d3n11.png

Bond 26: James Bond and Felix Leiter hanging out before making out.
    Which is which?

And yes of course I know it doesn't matter which is which thank you very much.
    For the first time, I actually have inside info!!!!! I have a friend who works for Bravo who was lunching with a former coworker earlier this week. Turns out, the coworker went to film school with CJF and had just returned from the Bond set. Here is what was conveyed to my friend...
    Indeed, Scotland is doubling for Norway. Despite the film’s budget they still ran into an issue: shooting in Norway was getting too expensive.

None of this is earth shattering but I am simply jazzed that I have some sort of scoop!!!!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    TripAces wrote: »
    For the first time, I actually have inside info!!!!! I have a friend who works for Bravo who was lunching with a former coworker earlier this week. Turns out, the coworker went to film school with CJF and had just returned from the Bond set. Here is what was conveyed to my friend...
    Indeed, Scotland is doubling for Norway. Despite the film’s budget they still ran into an issue: shooting in Norway was getting too expensive.

None of this is earth shattering but I am simply jazzed that I have some sort of scoop!!!!
    Great job @TripAces! Great news, can't wait to see the final product.

Skyfall was a great example of how cutting corners can really benefit a film.
    A shame they didn't use Scotland as Scotland in SF and Norway as Norway in B25.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

All of the brownie points to you! Garden of Death, here we come!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I knew it Garden of Death when they said castle I knew exactly what that means
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Getafix wrote: »
    Well they did for SF (they did shoot in the highlands after all). Not sure about B25.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Good Job, my friend!
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 138
    Well they did for SF (they did shoot in the highlands after all). Not sure about B25.

The real bits of Scotland last less than 2 minutes on screen - although the bits at Skyfall house are convincingly Scottish looking. As someone from the region I am finding it funny that they are now shooting a substantial amount in Scotland and its supposed to be somewhere else (as was the case in FRWL)! I do wonder if the castle will actually be used for filming or if the estate is just a base and its simply the surrounding terrain that will be the focus for filming

Also those commenting about how Norway paid a lot for little filming actually taking place there, the reality is Scotland got a huge tourism boost by just "being" in the film, so I'm sure that was also a major part of the draw for getting part of B25 set there
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Gus82 wrote: »

The real bits of Scotland last less than 2 minutes on screen - although the bits at Skyfall house are convincingly Scottish looking. As someone from the region I am finding it funny that they are now shooting a substantial amount in Scotland and its supposed to be somewhere else (as was the case in FRWL)! I do wonder if the castle will actually be used for filming or if the estate is just a base and its simply the surrounding terrain that will be the focus for filming

Also those commenting about how Norway paid a lot for little filming actually taking place there, the reality is Scotland got a huge tourism boost by just "being" in the film, so I'm sure that was also a major part of the draw for getting part of B25 set there

Yeah I find it weird that they can suddenly afford to go to Scotland too! :)
    The idea that Norway was too expensive I can believe though: all of those countries up there are very pricy.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,168
    Has it been confirmed that the Ardverikie estate will feature as a location, or is it just speculation because they are shooting a continuation of the Norway chase on the nearby roads?
    They've shot for about two weeks in Norway – of which two locations are in the middle of the woods. I wonder where the money's gone.

Then again, they even flew in a barista from another part of the country to make coffee on set on the Atlantic Road…
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    edited July 2019 Posts: 323
    They've shot for about two weeks in Norway – of which two locations are in the middle of the woods. I wonder where the money's gone.

Then again, they even flew in a barista from another part of the country to make coffee on set on the Atlantic Road…

They built a house in woods, filmed scenes by helicopter, used IMAX cameras (it is expensive), hotels, meal, other things for cast and crew + filming on Atlantic Road by helicopter a lot - 5-6 millions dollars not so big money for production. Especially knowing that Norway is very expansive country.
    Pavlo wrote: »

They built a house in woods, filmed scenes by helicopter, used IMAX cameras (it is expensive), hotels, meal, other things for cast and crew + filming on Atlantic Road by helicopter a lot - 5-6 millions dollars not so big money for production. Especially knowing that Norway is very expansive country.

That's true of course.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

A beer in Norway is just under twice the price of one in London.
    And the UK Govenment gives tax relief for movies shooting in Britain.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited July 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I have been thinking about it if the rumors of Nomi 007 is true how it could turn out
    She may die on duty try to save bond or the mission which might give bond something to inspire from, to get back into the service hence to take back his designation as 007. But wouldn't this another sacrificing lamb kind of story which has happened many times.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,288
    mtm wrote: »

I still can't see how those two weeks can total to above the grant given the production (which amounts to up to 25 % of total costs). But what do I know, I don't work in film production.

Nice one @TripAces ,well done old chap !!

Still,not good news for our Norwegian members..shame.
    mtm wrote: »

I still can't see how those two weeks can total to above the grant given the production (which amounts to up to 25 % of total costs). But what do I know, I don't work in film production.

Location shooting is always expensive and complex. It's all the logistics, especially if dealing with large crews and big action/stunt/SFX scenes. And remember, they may have only physically filmed for one week at the ice-lake, and then two weeks on the roads with vehicles, but before that there was weeks and weeks of location scouting and then prep (including building exterior sets etc.) before principle photography. The costs mount up - fast.