Yes, it is!
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    antovolk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    Do we still think Scotland is doubling for Norway?
    I think it's possible @jake24 , but I think with that very iconic Scottish location, I think it could be our closing scene whatever that may be.

Although It does look like a good place for a funeral, and I'm sure there'd be some pretty good landscapes for Bond to look over at the proceedings. It'd be a cool little homage to Thunderball too, and could work narratively when you think about one of Mallory's lines in Skyfall.

"Why not stay dead?" Maybe 007 eventually listened.
    That would be interesting, but then why film there for several weeks? And why the water tanks? My gut tells me there will be some sort of action sequence.

What if the estate is actually Malek’s estate?

Looks like we may have our Castle of Death....

Yes!!! This castle is really great fit for villain.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Looks like that Cary Fukunaga guy has been greatly affected by all this Female 007 blowback. Christ, poor chap must realize he’s well on his way to making the worst Bond film ever. I feel for him...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    peter wrote: »

Looks like that Cary Fukunaga guy has been greatly affected by all this Female 007 blowback. Christ, poor chap must realize he’s well on his way to making the worst Bond film ever. I feel for him...

All that potential squandered, @peter....
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    Do we still think Scotland is doubling for Norway?
    I think it's possible @jake24 , but I think with that very iconic Scottish location, I think it could be our closing scene whatever that may be.

Although It does look like a good place for a funeral, and I'm sure there'd be some pretty good landscapes for Bond to look over at the proceedings. It'd be a cool little homage to Thunderball too, and could work narratively when you think about one of Mallory's lines in Skyfall.

"Why not stay dead?" Maybe 007 eventually listened.
    That would be interesting, but then why film there for several weeks? And why the water tanks? My gut tells me there will be some sort of action sequence.
    Some of the Scottish ski resorts have invested in machines to make fake snow, as some winters there isn't enough of the real stuff. I wonder if the large amounts of water are required to winterise the landscape? My guess is it is doubling for Norway, as there was that footage of the girl in the snow, although that may have been a short flashback as has been discussed. In the other footage from Norway on the Atlantic Road there is no snow though, but that could be added using CGI in post production. This film is so difficult to figure out! Could the garden of death be moved to Norway for this film?
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    And the thing is, those arguing against the new 007 seem to be saying; A/ Only a man called James Bond can be 007. B/ The casting of a black woman is just a PC move.

Those arguments seem pretty flimsy when we already know, with Bond 25, they are making huge efforts to create rounded and intriguing female characters, hence the hiring of a very talented and sharp minded female writer to focus on the characters.
    I'm pretty happy with this female 007 storyline, since I like it when EON tries new things, but Lynch playing this role is 100% a PC move.
    Holy hell. That's a lot of crew and investment for the Scottish sequence, certainly more than I was expecting considering that the filmmakers didn't even mention it as a major filming location in the initial press.

Certainly seems like more than just a
    wedding or a funeral.

I'm intrigued. Looks like a beautiful location in the summer, too -- though those water tanks suggest a rainy sequence.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Interesting when will they start shooting in Scotland? Today's geolocation of Cary's IG post is Pinewood.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Dan Romers Instagram stories suggest he is instrument shopping with a couple composer friends in London most likely for Bond25. They practice on a Flute, Cello, and Clarinets. He is a good follow as he prepares to score this film
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    And the thing is, those arguing against the new 007 seem to be saying; A/ Only a man called James Bond can be 007. B/ The casting of a black woman is just a PC move.

Those arguments seem pretty flimsy when we already know, with Bond 25, they are making huge efforts to create rounded and intriguing female characters, hence the hiring of a very talented and sharp minded female writer to focus on the characters.
    I'm pretty happy with this female 007 storyline, since I like it when EON tries new things, but Lynch playing this role is 100% a PC move.

100%? Really? That's quite a firm statement - and based on what?

Intrigued by the Scotland shoot though.
    This castle location has got me really intrigued?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2019 Posts: 12,459
    "a PC move" - see, I dislike that wording intently. "PC" for all its overuse, is a good thing in general. It is. It shines light on some longstanding negative crap in our world. Change is needed. So yeah, I am on board with the #MeToo movement. Females in strong and/or unusual, atypical roles. Bring it on. I think Bond 25 is going to rock - and for all the right reasons.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Very happy with the locations being used in this film. Looking forward to the trailer so much! B-)
    Well said @4EverBonded
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,043
    I don't see anything to be worried about here, a number have already echoed my feelings on this.

Also all this EON is taking us for granted is laughable.

Why because they aren't making the Bond film you want? Well here's the thing Bond isn't yours, yes we are fans but these films were never just made for an exclusive audience.

Many have got on and off this adventure over the close to 60 year length and when the ones so hurt by this idea have jumped off, they'll be plenty willing to join the ride.

Those still wanting to stay on board, buckle up and get ready this is going to be a hell of ride, I for one can't wait.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    "a PC move" - see. I dislike that wording intently. "PC" for all its overuse, is a good thing in general. It is. It shines light on some longstanding negative crap in our world. Change is needed. So yeah, I am on board with the #MeToo movement. Females in strong and/or unusual, atypical roles. Bring it on. I think Bond 25 is going to rock - and for all the right reasons.

+1
    I, for one, love this idea about a woman being 007 after James Bond retires. And that he has to face that. Hope she's for real though. I've seen those stuntwoman fighting videos, and I think she'll be a force to be reckoned with. Not an Eve or a Jinx, but a true fighter and thinker. This is a far better idea than the rookie agent one. Hope she's not a rookie 00, but a well established one. Her life as a 00 will probably be short lived, though.

That being said. This is the FILMING THREAD!!!!! so let's talk about that castle. Last time a thing like that appeared on a Bond film was in TWINE, wasn't it? Do you reckon we'll have a castle of death? And do you think we'll get some pics of the filming?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I don't see anything to be worried about here, a number have already echoed my feelings on this.

Also all this EON is taking us for granted is laughable.

Why because they aren't making the Bond film you want? Well here's the thing Bond isn't yours, yes we are fans but these films were never just made for an exclusive audience.

Many have got on and off this adventure over the close to 60 year length and when the ones so hurt by this idea have jumped off, they'll be plenty willing to join the ride.

Those still wanting to stay on board, buckle up and get ready this is going to be a hell of ride, I for one can't wait.

Bond isn't yours either.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Lynch has already described the role as a "badass" so I'm excited :)
    Some of you guys on here are easily swayed or just biased . If eon did this before or during the Mendes era you guys would be throwing the biggest temper tantrum ever. For a five year gap they need to bring something akin to goldeneye or CR to the table. We’re not getting that here I can tell already. I’m hoping Malek has some screen time to compensate
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Some of you guys on here are easily swayed or just biased . If eon did this before or during the Mendes era you guys would be throwing the biggest temper tantrum ever. For a five year gap they need to bring something akin to goldeneye or CR to the table. We’re not getting that here I can tell already. I’m hoping Malek has some screen time to compensate

To compensate for what?

It sounds like we're getting
    a loose YOLT novel adaptation. Madeleine dies? Bond depressed? Not a 00 anymore? He eventually makes his way to a castle?

The dots are starting to connect.
    Yes sounds like loose YOLT
    It's got to be a sort of YOLT adaptation I think. Lots of connections for sure, and it's the Fleming novel that's been mined in the least to date. Lots of amazing content to use, which I feel confident they will in addition to some original ideas.
    If so, too bad they've dropped the Japanese angle. But I do like how the dots are starting to connect. And the locations do look fantastic.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    We need an Irma Bunt though.
    Currently most popular and most shared story on the Guardian website

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/15/lashana-lynch-new-007-james-bond-daniel-craig
    Univex wrote: »
    If so, too bad they've dropped the Japanese angle. But I do like how the dots are starting to connect. And the locations do look fantastic.
    The Japanese angle was done already in the old YOLT movie though, so it will be more unique setting-wise. I’m convinced in some capacity this will be a YOLT adaptation, especially with how they’ll send Bond/Craig off at the end. I’m stoked to see this play out.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    The Japanese angle was done already in the old YOLT movie though, so it will be more unique setting-wise. I’m convinced in some capacity this will be a YOLT adaptation, especially with how they’ll send Bond/Craig off at the end. I’m stoked to see this play out.

Me too. No pun intended ;)
    Are people convinced this film will definitely rule out a Craig return? I find it hard to believe.