No Time to Die production thread

Comments

jake24 wrote: »
    DRush76 wrote: »
    Sadly for me, I don't find Lynch very attractive not physically imposing as a field agent. Just personal taste on the former, and maybe a bit more objective on the latter.

Too dark for you?

Craig clearly takes his training seriously, but even Harris looks fit enough to be convincing.

I knew many of you would have a fit over this news. By the way, many were practically laughing at the idea of Harris' Moneypenny being a field agent some seven years ago, and now you see her as 007 more than Lynch? By the way, Lynch's character will only be the new 007 in the movie's first half. Bond will resume the position after a bad incident.

Sounds great! How do you know this?!
    They're making assumptions based on what's already known. The confrontational scene between Bond and M after the Cuba sequence will likely address what happens with the 007 codename.

But...wasn’t Lashana present at the set on that day of filming?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Sadly for me, I don't find Lynch very attractive not physically imposing as a field agent. Just personal taste on the former, and maybe a bit more objective on the latter.

Too dark for you?

Craig clearly takes his training seriously, but even Harris looks fit enough to be convincing.

I knew many of you would have a fit over this news. By the way, many were practically laughing at the idea of Harris' Moneypenny being a field agent some seven years ago, and now you see her as 007 more than Lynch? By the way, Lynch's character will only be the new 007 in the movie's first half. Bond will resume the position after a bad incident.

They're making assumptions based on what's already known. The confrontational scene between Bond and M after the Cuba sequence will likely address what happens with the 007 codename.

Yup. Not sure what happens with that.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 13,882
    Reading reactions to the news gave me a good laugh. When it's about the casting of Bond, it's a case of 'he's just a fictional character'. Now we have a black female 007, now the people who previous were saying that, have changed their tune. =))
    Less than 24 hours I've been away from this site, and this thread has moved up several pages.

We're still talking about Lashana as 007?

I'd at least think a title announcement would be worth the scrolling through multiple pages I just did.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited July 2019 Posts: 8,009

Too dark for you?

She was. However she wasn't in photos of Craig, Fiennes and Kinnear posted a day or two back, so I think that may be the sequence where M reassigns the number back to Bond. It's likely that scene is just before whatever the big action scene is at the end of the film so it would set up a rather spectacular finale for Craig.

Spitballing here, of course.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Too dark for you?

She was. However she wasn't in photos of Craig, Fiennes and Kinnear posted a day or two back, so I think that may be the sequence where M reassigns the number back to Bond. It's just before whatever the big action scene is at the end of the film so it would set up a rather spectacular finale for Craig.

But that still wouldn't explain what happens to Nomi. I feel like she would either have to die or willingly surrender the number to Bond to avoid the PC criticism.

Too dark for you?

She was. However she wasn't in photos of Craig, Fiennes and Kinnear posted a day or two back, so I think that may be the sequence where M reassigns the number back to Bond. It's just before whatever the big action scene is at the end of the film so it would set up a rather spectacular finale for Craig.

But that still wouldn't explain what happens to Nomi. I feel like she would either have to die or willingly surrender the number to Bond to avoid the PC criticism.

It doesn't, no. I'm just saying that could be where the number comes back to Bond.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Too dark for you?

I just think it's pointless and not needed all they are doing is creating a mess.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Meanwhile a photo of Craig taken at today’s F1 race. He’s looking fantastic...
    EZtWWge_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

If you mentioned that this was from 2006, I'd believe you.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    She told her friend, knowing she would likely tweet about it, knowing EON wanted it to remain a secret. Nomi was very bad.
    Craig is in great shape. It would be a great shame if he weren't '007' by the end of B25.
    Meanwhile a photo of Craig taken at today’s F1 race. He’s looking fantastic...
    EZtWWge_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

If you mentioned that this was from 2006, I'd believe you.

I would too. He looks great.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 8,009
    I am enjoying the amount of Twitter posts that seem to think Daniel is going to regenerate, Doctor Who-style, into Lashana Lynch at the halfway point of the film.

Bond 25 is certainly on people's radar, now.

Craig looks in great shape.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Craig is in great shape. It would be a great shame if he weren't '007' by the end of B25.
    Huh? How? Wha?
    She told her friend, knowing she would likely tweet about it, knowing EON wanted it to remain a secret. Nomi was very bad.

LOL Good one!
    Are we going to end up with a series of 007 films and a separate series of Bond films after this?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    vzok wrote: »
    Are we going to end up with a series of 007 films and a separate series of Bond films after this?

I doubt that. Bond = 007.

No. We'll just get a series of Nomi-Agent 007 films after this. No more Bond. Good news is they'll go back to the 1-2 year schedule of the old days.

That would actually be annoying.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Maybe EON will keep Nomi and sell Bond. Makes financial sense.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Steam is coming out of my ears. Especially the way they are doing it come in 007 she walks in and then resists his approaches making Bond in a bad light. If they do it I will want her character killed off immediately and I will ask why even do that whats the point to the plot all it is is a gimmick. Look and Men and Black and how gimmicky that was. At least respect Bond's legacy in the field. 009 makes more sense to be honest don't hijack Bond's codename for a political move.

Maybe EON will keep Nomi and sell Bond. Makes financial sense.

Possibly to make up for their lost JINX film. Were there rumors of a WAI LIN film at one point?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @007Blofeld
    Can you please mind your punctuation a bit? It's hard to make sense of what you wrote there. Thank you. :)
    We won't get anything like that because she'll likely die. You do know that a 00 life's expectancy is short. She'll die doing something heroic, probably saving Bond's life. And he'll be reinstated as a 00 by the middle section of the film. Probably.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

LOL Good one!

Yeah, I was reading this with sort of a Spanish accent without realising the reason why. Very well done ;)
    I honestly think this can be one of the coolest twists the series has had in a long time. It feels quite fresh. But the success of the idea greatly depends on how they conclude the story.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @007Blofeld
    Can you please mind your punctuation a bit? It's hard to make sense of what you wrote there. Thank you. :)

I didn't know there was grammar police on here? I will try and fix it 😊.
    Univex wrote: »
    We won't get anything like that because she'll likely die. You do know that a 00 life's expectancy is short. She'll die doing something heroic, probably saving Bond's life. And he'll be reinstated as a 00 by the middle section of the film. Probably.

LOL Good one!

Yeah, I was reading this with sort of a Spanish accent without realising the reason why. Very well done ;)
    I wouldn't mind this.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I'm unsure if the actress, Nicola Thorp, is working on Bond 25 or is a friend of Lynch's but she posted this on Twitter:

Nicola Thorp was on set at Pinewood Studios with Lashana in June 2019

This feels the closest to confirmation of the Daily Mail's story currently. I await what MI6-HQ and Rodrigo Perez have to say about this.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I’ve watched CR more times than I care to mention and Carlos’ ethnicity, nationality and political or religious affiliations have never entered my mind .
    That’s looking for something that isn’t there.

@talos7 got you thinking though, haven't I...

Not one bit when it comes to those speculations. He’s a “ hire gun” no more, no less, not even a try believer as certain lady might say. His motivations are meaningless and trying to read something into his physical appearance is a personal exercise and has nothing to do with why the actor was actually cast.
    Univex wrote: »

LOL Good one!

I wouldn't mind this.

At least it would put an end to those "007 dies" rumours. Because she would die ;)
    Rubbish idea, just keep the films the way they are.
    Kananga wrote: »
    Rubbish idea, just keep the films the way they are.

@Kananga exactly why go through the pain and backlash. It looks like this is Craig's Die Another Day.