The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2019 Posts: 4,441
    DVD (gift):

Breaking Bad (2008) season 1 (3 disc with sleeve)
    Breaking Bad (2008) season 2 (4 disc)
    Breaking Bad (2008) season 3 (4 disc with sleeve) (New)

eenzaamheid-van-de-priemgetallen-68266.jpg?itok=CePr0UA7
    De Eenzaamheid van de Priemgetallen (English: The Solitude of Prime Numbers) ''Original Italian title: La solitudine dei numeri primi (2010)

BD (All NEW / Online):

Dunkirk (2017) - 2 disc edition (Film + Bonus Disc) € 5,47
    American Made (2017) € 5,46
    Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) - 3 disc 3D Bluray (3D + 2D + Bonus disc) € 8,41 (My 60th 3D title in my collection)
    Concussion (2015) € 4,20
    Predestination (2014) € 4,20
    BD (All NEW / Online):

Ocean's 8 (2018) € 5,46
    Molly's Game (2017) € 4,20
    Allied (2016) € 4,20
    Whiplash (2014) € 4,20
    Baby Driver (2017) € 4,20
    Took advantage of a promo at the FNAC in the Montparnasse station on thursday :

61SxhIX54sL._SY445_.jpg

Detective-Dee-3-La-Legende-des-Rois-Celestes-DVD.jpg

Jumanji-Bienvenue-dans-la-jungle-Blu-ray.jpg

The-Greatest-Showman-Blu-ray.jpg
    Tood advantage of another promotion at another FNAC in Paris to buy these :

Detective-Dee-Le-mystere-de-la-flamme-fantome.jpg

71GN-WDaAtL._SY445_.jpg

61d5X88IpJL._SY445_.jpg

71zLF3tTPvL._SY445_.jpg
    7103038._UY500_SS500_.jpg

What a great film. Mads is the man.
    1002004006488720.jpg
    10 Items Or Less (2006) € 1,50

1002004005764552.jpg
    2 Disc DVD: Nightwatching (2007) / Rembrandt's J'Accuse (2008) € 1,50 (New)

1000004000000877.jpg
    Soundtrack CD: Vangelis - 1492 Conquest of Paradise (1992) € 1,25
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,279
    Just placed an order for The Man Who Haunted Himself.
    I've yet to see this Roger Moore film, and I've only heard great things about it. Luckily, Amazon UK have a good deal on the film, in which you get both the Blu-ray and the DVD.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I've yet to see this Roger Moore film, and I've only heard great things about it. Luckily, Amazon UK have a good deal on the film, in which you get both the Blu-ray and the DVD.

Interesting I just watched a review by Calvin Dyson on this film an hour ago, it's decent I have it recorded on my TV.
    Picked up my copy of Us today. A really solid horror film from Jordan Peele.

Interesting I just watched a review by Calvin Dyson on this film an hour ago, it's decent I have it recorded on my TV.

I just did so too! His review made me go and check the Amazon price for the film – which I believe was considerably higher the last time I checked. I stopped the review when he got to the spoiler part though, but I'll rewatch it when I've seen the film.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I just did so too! His review made me go and check the Amazon price for the film – which I believe was considerably higher the last time I checked. I stopped the review when he got to the spoiler part though, but I'll rewatch it when I've seen the film.
    Have you had a look on ebay?

I didn't check Ebay actually. Might have missed out on an even cheaper deal by not checking there first. Even so, the film + shipping was cheaper from Amazon UK than buying the film from Norwegian web shops.

I didn't check Ebay actually. Might have missed out on an even cheaper deal by not checking there first. Even so, the film + shipping was cheaper from Amazon UK than buying the film from Norwegian web shops.

Sometimes I find that eBay and Amazon are selling items from the same sources so sometimes does not make much difference. You will have to tell me what the extras are like, I think there is a commentary by Sir Roger on the disk
    The first two Quatermass movies, starring Brian Donlevy :

41M0AEPVYML.jpg

51oJULWz7cL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFOURANDHALF%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_ZA(11%20Reviews)%2C445%2C286%2C400%2C400%2Carial%2C12%2C4%2C0%2C0%2C5_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sometimes I find that eBay and Amazon are selling items from the same sources so sometimes does not make much difference. You will have to tell me what the extras are like, I think there is a commentary by Sir Roger on the disk

Good point. Just did a quick search, and it looks like the Amazon price is cheaper than what's available on Ebay. Not by much though.

I didn't even check what extras are included before buying, but it looks like there's a 2005 commentary with Roger Moore and Bryan Forbes. The extras also includes "Promotional material PDFs". Wonder if they're downloadable? Never seen PDFs included with a film before – at least as far as I can remember.

Good point. Just did a quick search, and it looks like the Amazon price is cheaper than what's available on Ebay. Not by much though.

I didn't even check what extras are included before buying, but it looks like there's a 2005 commentary with Roger Moore and Bryan Forbes. The extras also includes "Promotional material PDFs". Wonder if they're downloadable? Never seen PDFs included with a film before – at least as far as I can remember.

I am a fan of commentary's and I would buy it for that alone, certainly for listening to Sir Rogers opinion on the film.

I am a fan of commentary's and I would buy it for that alone, certainly for listening to Sir Rogers opinion on the film.

I don't often listen to commentaries, but I'll definitely make an exception since it's Sir Roger providing the commentary. I might be wrong about this, but wasn't The Man Who Haunted Himself one of his own favourites or something?

I don't often listen to commentaries, but I'll definitely make an exception since it's Sir Roger providing the commentary. I might be wrong about this, but wasn't The Man Who Haunted Himself one of his own favourites or something?

Thats right Calvin Dyson mentioned that in his review, also mentioned that Sir Roger was keen to reprise the character, if I recall that was what Sir Roger stated in the commentary.

Thats right Calvin Dyson mentioned that in his review, also mentioned that Sir Roger was keen to reprise the character, if I recall that was what Sir Roger stated in the commentary.

Interesting. Knowing this sure makes me look forward to watching the film even more. Won't get the film delivered until next week though, unfortunately.

Interesting. Knowing this sure makes me look forward to watching the film even more. Won't get the film delivered until next week though, unfortunately.

Just remembered you stopped watching the review prior to spoilers, Calvin mentioned those things later on in the review

Just remembered you stopped watching the review prior to spoilers, Calvin mentioned those things later on in the review

I see. Looking forward to watching the rest of the review when I've had the chance to watch the film.
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012) - 3 Disc 3D release (3D, 2D and DVD) with sleeve. € 1,00 (New)

1002004012432252.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012) - 3 Disc 3D release (3D, 2D and DVD) with sleeve. € 1,00 (New)

1002004012432252.jpg

Saw this in the cinema. One of the few with really excellent 3D effects.
    71Wze6JuHnL._SX342_.jpg
    edited June 2019 Posts: 23,327
    10167160-2014379866342908.jpeg

v1.bTsxMTIwNzg2MjtqOzE4MTc0OzEyMDA7MjI1MDszMDAw
    edited June 2019 Posts: 23,327
    uhdr32708_1.jpg?width=1200
    Can't wait to watch this in 4K, awesome movie.

81vTUx0LNVL._SX342_.jpg
    Arrow Bluray taken from a 4K master, classic sci fi

71+lkNiawRL._RI_SX300_.jpg
    4K digital download
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I saw The Andromeda Strain as a kid, but remember nothing from it.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The Swimmer is nutz. In a good way.
    I saw The Andromeda Strain as a kid, but remember nothing from it.

It's one of my favourite Science Fiction films Directed by Robert Wise (Star Trek The Motion Picture) I have it on dvd, its an incredibly atmospheric film based on a Michael Crighton story. I can't wait to see the new remaster it's already a visually compelling film.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    The Swimmer is nutz. In a good way.

Only recently rediscovered the film and short story, it's a brilliant multi layered allegory
    BD: Miami Vice (2006) € 2,00

IMG-20190703-153518.jpg