No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited June 2019 Posts: 6,665
    matt_u wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    I love that first one.
    Me too. Love the cinematography, well the little we can see through that. But it looks like quality stuff, doesn't it?

Linus Sandgren is the first DoP AW winner working on a Bond film. Beside that, he's one of the best in the business. Since we already had Deakins and HVH, we couldn't expect someone better I think.

Right you are. Fukundren, or Sandunaga make the perfect team ;)
    I must admit the things I'm more interested about in this one are the production design and the cinematography. And wishing I'll feel the same about the musical score.
    I hope Sandgren surpasses Deakins as the best cinematographer we've had.

Craig has the Prince of Wales on him.
    The suit, I mean. :)

Was dying to make that joke. Glad someone did ;)

Anyone noticed that Charles knew the synopsis? I know he's a Bond fan. Quite a big one at that, having an Aston Martin himself, and not just the real thing, he had one off the cradle when he was a toddler. The brand made him a miniature one, if I'm not mistaken. And he's been to numerous Bond sets, most famously in 87, with Diana, at the TLD set, when she broke a stunt bottle in his head (with some gusto, I must add). Guy's a bigger fan than some of us. He may be lurking here as we speak ;)

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Craig has the Prince of Wales on him.
    The suit, I mean. :)
    It's still not the perfect fit IMO, but definitely a big improvement.

Craig says on that video that he comes back (to MI6) from retirement, so Lynch could indeed be a current 007.

I agree about Harris, she looks fantastic.

I can see a scene where M says to Moneypenny, ‘ Send in 007’
    Moments later in walks Lynch.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Bond wears a tie pin? There's a portrait of Dench? I'm sorry, all I could see was how great Naomie Harris looks! :x
    Scrap it, it's all on this thread about Prince Charles visit to Pinewood. Great to see the sets and DC out of that boot!

• At 1:36... is that a confirmation?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited June 2019 Posts: 8,009
    I love that first one.
    Me too. Love the cinematography, well the little we can see through that. But it looks like quality stuff, doesn't it?

Linus Sandgren is the first DoP AW winner working on a Bond film. Beside that, he's one of the best in the business. Since we already had Deakins and HVH, we couldn't expect someone better I think.

Freddie Young had two Oscars by the time he shot YOLT. Ted Moore also won an Oscar in between Thunderball and Diamonds Are Forever.
    Some better shots of Bond at M's desk

g9rzxurxpj531.png

Loving the look of the sets and costumes so far. If there's one thing I was sure of, it was that Fukunaga would nail the aesthetic and it looks like we're on that path. Also very cool to see Bond return to more traditional tailoring.

Interesting detail here
    It looks like Bond is wearing some sort of identification card. I don't think we've seen that before, which makes me wonder if Bond does return stripped of his Double O status or something similar.

Yeah, I mentioned the ID on the previous page. I'm guessing he has it by the start of the scene and by the end, Bond has won M over and restored him to active field duty, with Lashana Lynch's character accompanying him on the mission. She could be learning from him, or conversely, she could be evaluating his "performance".
    Charles to help reinvigorate Bond enthusiasm in Boomers.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2019 Posts: 5,921
    I'm very interested in what happens to Swann. If she's not killed off--or if there's some sort of time jump after her potential death--we could get a less dour Bond for this one.
    In a groundbreaking series first, she survives the whole four reels.

At 1:36... is that a confirmation?

Great to see some positive press for Bond 25!!!! Certainly has its perks being a Royal!!!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The MI6 set is almost identical to the SP one. At 6:38, that set is the same one from the deleted scene in which Bond walks past all the employees (seen in the SP trailer).
    What? Were the first official BOND 25 on set photos really first posted by Prince Charles' twitter page? :))
    The MI6 set is almost identical to the SP one. At 6:38, that set is the same one from the deleted scene in which Bond walks past all the employees (seen in the SP trailer).

Yes it is. Let's hope it all ends up on film this time. It's quite the lovely set, isn't it?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Loving all this. Finally some stuff we can talk about.
  • Also interesting to hear Ralph mentioning
    Bond being disciplined and giving M a hard time. I understand that's largely the Bond/M dynamic but I really hope we're not getting another Bond goes rogue bit.
    Also interesting to hear Ralph mentioning
    Bond being disciplined and giving M a hard time. I understand that's largely the Bond/M dynamic but I really hope we're not getting another Bond goes rogue bit.

Probably because of what happened in
    Cuba, and with the CIA/Felix).
    And then Bond gives M a hard time back. Dynamic duo, those two.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Great to se EoN on the front foot with some good publicity following weeks of negative headlines and dead tree press hearsay.

Great to see the set photos - all very exciting!
    Great to see Craig say several times he's all better now.
    At 1:36... is that a confirmation?
    Confirmation of what? I admittedly can't hear very well what they say at that point.

Great to get confirmation that the Vantage from TLD will feature in B25 and isn't just being used for some Aston Martin ad or other film as some had speculated.
    These photos make me so happy! I’m thrilled to see Dan and the MI6 gang back in action. Can’t wait to see how to V8 comes into play, I love that car.
  • At 1:36... is that a confirmation?
    Confirmation of what? I admittedly can't hear very well what they say at that point.

Prince Charles: This is your last one?

DC: It is, yes.
    coco1997 wrote: »

Great to get confirmation that the Vantage from TLD will feature in B25 and isn't just being used for some Aston Martin ad or other film as some had speculated.

That was unlikely, but great to see it confirmed even so.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited June 2019 Posts: 4,343
    I love that first one.

Freddie Young had two Oscars by the time he shot YOLT. Ted Moore also won an Oscar in between Thunderball and Diamonds Are Forever.

Yes you're right. I knew about the Young combo with Lean, but didn't know about Moore. I was referencing the main Craig era, since I mentioned Deakins and HWH. My fault I didn't specified that. Regarding the cinematography the Craig era has proven to be the best since Connery, OHMSS and some Moore, but even more arty and compelling if you ask me. One thing I love is that every Craig film looks and feel really different from the others. After all the routine pretty standardize work behind both the Glen era and the Brosnan era the last four - five in less than a year - feel even more special.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I love that first one.

Yes you're right. I knew about the Young combo with Lean, but didn't know about Moore. I was referencing the main Craig era, since I mentioned Deakins and HWH. My fault I didn't specified that. Regarding the cinematography the Craig era has proven to be the best since Connery, OHMSS and some Moore, but even more arty and compelling if you ask me. One thing I love is that every Craig film looks and feel really different from the others. After all the routine pretty standardize work behind both the Glen era and the Brosnan era the last four - five in less than a year - feel even more special.

Agree with what you said there.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I love this! It's so interesting listening to all the little tidbits they give him :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I love that first one.

Absolutely. I agree with all of that, though I think the cinematography in TND is very good and extremely fitting for its techy-media subject matter.

Sandgren will certainly see the Craig era out on a visual high. Five extremely good looking films.
    At 1:00 into the overall video, Dan clearly says "ruptured" to Prince Charles in reference to his ankle injury. I wonder...