No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That portrait is a brilliant touch.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Mark my words, Lashana Lynch is the new 007

It looks like Judi is set for a sly cameo

prince-charles-prince-of-wales-with-actress-naomi-harris-during-a-to-picture-id1157152757?s=2048x2048

New video

Also confirmation of the three Aston Aartins
    Ok. Bond is probably still doing the DB5 then. V8 is my favorite for looks.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Harris looks so lovely...makes me wish Bond had retired to Jamaica with her!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited June 2019 Posts: 4,343

We speculated about that since months. Since Sassilive reported the news regarding the "007 successor". Maybe they got it right. It's a strong possibility. BTW, based on the pictures looks like Craig and Lynch are sharing scenes at MI6.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Awesome vid. Craig has some cuts on his face, I'm guessing it's all makeup for a post-action scene.
    Wouldn't be surprising given Bond's leave from the field - makes sense he might be replaced. It's nice to have all these new photos and news bits finally coming in. My curiosity is still high to find out more about the characters the new cast are playing and the story.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I must say that this fit of this suit looks like a massive improvement over Skyfall and Spectre. Although I'm not too crazy about the tab collar of his shirt.
    I must say that this fit of this suit looks like a massive improvement over Skyfall and Spectre. Although I'm not too crazy about the tab collar of his shirt.
    And the tie pin... But the fit of the suit is def an improvement.
    Some better shots of Bond at M's desk

g9rzxurxpj531.png
    I love that first one.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I love that first one.
    Me too. Love the cinematography, well the little we can see through that. But it looks like quality stuff, doesn't it?
    So for the first time in the Craig era M's office is exactly the same as the one featured in the previous film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Everyone gets so awkward when speaking to royalty.
    Univex wrote: »
    Bond has a tie pin. Why oh why.

That drama aside. Fiennes looks great, so does Naomi, and Lynch being there almost confirms what she plays in the film, doesn't it?
    What a relief! It´s been ages that the discussion was About such important Things as tie Pins :-))!

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    echo wrote: »

So true.
    Some details of DC's suit.

jf4ta3sstj531.png
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Loving these photos. I think all of these have been shown, but I'm dropping this set here anyway.

Daniel looks outstanding. This is such a smart move, all of this, PR-wise.
    I'm really pleased with Judi's portrait as M. They chose a good one for her.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

It looks like Judi is set for a sly cameo

prince-charles-prince-of-wales-with-actress-naomi-harris-during-a-to-picture-id1157152757?s=2048x2048

New video

Also confirmation of the three Aston Aartins

Yes not just portrait I also saw something that looks like cameo of Judi.
    echo wrote: »

She does looks Lovely and from judging by those photos of M's office we might get a better version of what we had in SF & SP.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Some details of DC's suit.

jf4ta3sstj531.png

Looks smart. Wish I could say the same for Charles.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Really great to see the video - thanks!
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Bond has a tie pin. Why oh why.

That drama aside. Fiennes looks great, so does Naomi, and Lynch being there almost confirms what she plays in the film, doesn't it?
    What a relief! It´s been ages that the discussion was About such important Things as tie Pins :-))!
    Right? ;)
    edited June 2019 Posts: 4,343
    jake24 wrote: »
    I love that first one.
    Me too. Love the cinematography, well the little we can see through that. But it looks like quality stuff, doesn't it?

Linus Sandgren is the first DoP AW winner working on a Bond film. Beside that, he's one of the best in the business. Since we already had Deakins and HVH, we couldn't expect someone better I think.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 1,215

g9rzxurxpj531.png

Loving the look of the sets and costumes so far. If there's one thing I was sure of, it was that Fukunaga would nail the aesthetic and it looks like we're on that path. Also very cool to see Bond return to more traditional tailoring.

Interesting detail here
    It looks like Bond is wearing some sort of identification card. I don't think we've seen that before, which makes me wonder if Bond does return stripped of his Double O status or something similar.

g9rzxurxpj531.png

Loving the look of the sets and costumes so far. If there's one thing I was sure of, it was that Fukunaga would nail the aesthetic and it looks like we're on that path.

Interesting detail here
    It looks like Bond is wearing some sort of identification card. I don't think we've seen that before, which makes me wonder if Bond does return stripped of his Double O status or something similar.

Perhaps he's discussing with M why Lynch took his job...
    Oh my god.

You guys.

I needed this so badly today. And I'm in love with all of it. This feels so great.

Keep calm and Bond on.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Really liking the way this film is shaping up so far. Can't believe we'll be watching the trailer in just 2 months' time!
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 1,215
    matt_u wrote: »

g9rzxurxpj531.png

Loving the look of the sets and costumes so far. If there's one thing I was sure of, it was that Fukunaga would nail the aesthetic and it looks like we're on that path.

Interesting detail here

Perhaps he's discussing with M why Lynch took his job...
    That seems likely to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar theme to Skyfall or the YOLT novel where Bond comes back from absence having to re-prove himself (or in this case re-earn his 00 status), but in the end decides to ride off into the sunset and pass the torch on to Lashana Lynch's character, the "new 007". Maybe something akin to John Blake being Bruce Wayne's spiritual successor at the end of TDKR.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Craig has the Prince of Wales on him.
    The suit, I mean. :)
    It's still not the perfect fit IMO, but definitely a big improvement.

Craig says on that video that he comes back (to MI6) from retirement, so Lynch could indeed be a current 007.

I agree about Harris, she looks fantastic.