GOTHAM (TV Series 2014 – )

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    GOTHAM: Title & Synopsis For Season 1, Episode 13 Revealed
    synopsis for the January 26 episode of Fox's Gotham, which is titled "Welcome Back, Jim Gordon". Sounds pretty self explanatory! This ep sees the return of Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz, and the debut of Dash Mihok as Arnold Flass.

So long as Zsasz answers his phone, I'm in love with this episode already.

I'm surprised they're introducing Flass, seeing as they have Bullock, and the two of them kind of fill the same role as Gordon's partner. Oh well. I liked Dash Mihok in Punisher: War Zone, so here's hoping Flass is a good character.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Alright, after this newest episode it is more apparent to me than ever before that Barbara is an insufferable you-who-what that needs to die. It's now a running contest between her and Montoya to see who is the bigger pain in the arse and absolute waste of space.

Let's examine their dumb decisions, shall we? Montoya is the one that lured Barb away from Jim AGAIN in the first place and then somehow grows a brain, discovers what she's doing is wrong and drops Ms. Gordon like a sack of potatoes. Just like Barbara, she makes a stupid decision, doesn't realize it at the time, and then throws a fit about what has happened in consequence fifteen minutes later, not aware that it's all her own fault and nobody elses'.

Barbara has made nothing but dumb moves from the start, most visible when she literally walked with open arms to Falcone and made herself a damsel in distress a few episodes back, and then made Jim nearly die because of it, though he told her to get her butt out of town from the beginning. After all that crap she STILL has the nerve to leave him and then cheat with the person that got her addicted to drugs in the first place (great move, that), the lovely Montoya (barf).

Honestly, at this point I hope the both of them just overdose on painkillers, because I seriously can't take their bullshit any longer.
    Alright, after this newest episode it is more apparent to me than ever before that Barbara is an insufferable you-who-what that needs to die. It's now a running contest between her and Montoya to see who is the bigger pain in the arse and absolute waste of space.

Let's examine their dumb decisions, shall we? Montoya is the one that lured Barb away from Jim AGAIN in the first place and then somehow grows a brain, discovers what she's doing is wrong and drops Ms. Gordon like a sack of potatoes. Just like Barbara, she makes a stupid decision, doesn't realize it at the time, and then throws a fit about what has happened in consequence fifteen minutes later, not aware that it's all her own fault and nobody elses'.

Barbara has made nothing but dumb moves from the start, most visible when she literally walked with open arms to Falcone and made herself a damsel in distress a few episodes back, and then made Jim nearly die because of it, though he told her to get her butt out of town from the beginning. After all that crap she STILL has the nerve to leave him and then cheat with the person that got her addicted to drugs in the first place (great move, that), the lovely Montoya (barf).

Honestly, at this point I hope the both of them just overdose on painkillers, because I seriously can't take their bullshit any longer.

Agree completely.
  • The only reason I can think of for why they're making Barbara so completely unlikeable is so they can let Gordon have an affair—presumably with Leslie Thompkins at this point—and have the audience root for him, rather than turn on him.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The only reason I can think of for why they're making Barbara so completely unlikeable is so they can let Gordon have an affair—presumably with Leslie Thompkins at this point—and have the audience root for him, rather than turn on him.

If that's the case, it sure as hell is working.
    I think "Gotham" is yet another example of how it's never a good idea to pair up your main/lead protagonist with a character that the producers want audiences to like right off from the start since it always ends up being ruined by the obligatory angst that the producers seem to fixated in bringing in right away...

1. Clark and Lana (Smallville)
    2. Oliver and Laurel (Arrow)
    3. "To a Lesser Extent"... Barry and Iris (The Flash)
    4. Gordon and Barbara (Gotham)

And the sad thing is that the latter three of that list are pairings that are supposed to work out in the end, let alone be the "endgame" for each other and yet the producers handle it in such a way where people don't want to see the pairings any more after a certain while.lol
    The only reason I can think of for why they're making Barbara so completely unlikeable is so they can let Gordon have an affair—presumably with Leslie Thompkins at this point—and have the audience root for him, rather than turn on him.

That is a mistake though. They should make him have an affair and show it as a weakness, or a mistake, not something justified because of the abuse he received in his relationship. Gordon is far too perfect in the series.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    They shouldn't have brought Barbara in at the beginning. She should have been introduced her halfway through the first season. And there should have been no Fish Mooney.
    GOTHAM: First Look At 'Haly's Circus' And 'The Flying Graysons'; Will We See 'The Joker'?
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113443
    'Scarecrow' Comes To GOTHAM In Feb 2nd's Ep - "The Fearsome Dr. Crane"
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=113574
    When Batman comes to Gotham it will be dead easy punching these guys in wheelchair.
    BATMAN RETURNS' Danny DeVito Comments On GOTHAM's Penguin
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=113817
    Huh... Nobody posted an article about how it's been renewed for a second season.
    Alright, I'm still under the impression that this show hasn't really improved, that way my expectations are as low as possible, so that I can be surprised.

What the Little Bird Man Told Him

Is this a stab at the recent Birdman movie? I doubt it. Still. It'd be funny, seeing as Michael Keaton was in that movie. Huh... The Penguin will be taking us on a trip through how Gotham is made? Three words. C. G. I.

Anyway, we begin with a recap of the fact that Todd the Wraith from Stargate Atlantis was last week's bad guy, then we get Johnny Cash music while he walks through the city being completely inconspicuous. He's got his goon carrying massive devices that are generating electricity. He's got a hand-held device to electrocute people.

Huh... The GCPD has the exact same overhead projector that my high school did. Oh, well, Gordon shows up to tell the GCPD that Todd's his case, but everybody wants to shoo him out before the commissioner gets there. Oh, fudge (this is Bullock's exact line), he's here already.

Back to Todd, who's getting his stuff back from somebody who was apparently keeping it safe for him. He claims that he's somehow saner than he was before (yep), and that he's going take care of the loose end of the guy who was keeping his stuff safe.

Back to the GCPD, where Gordon's getting chewed out by the commissioner, who doesn't seem to have a name yet. Apparently, Gordon's father was a district attorney. Bullock's kind of in the background, just wanting to stay the hell out of this. Gordon tries to extort his badge back, and the commissioner gives him 24 hours to get Todd and put him in jail, or he and Bullock both will be running graveyard shift at Arkham.

I like those Rob Lowe DirecTV commercials. They're funny.

We then focus in on a room, which has a lot of people in it. Apparently it was Falcone's mother's funeral. Back to the present, and Don Falcone has just ordered a man killed, and I don't know who the hell he was, so why does anybody care. He walks the streets with that woman that Fish set him up with and he's telling her that she needs a life of her own instead of sticking by an old fart like him. I don't know if she's sincere, or if it's just Fish's bullsh*t agenda that's keeping them together, but she refuses to leave Falcone.

Back to the GCPD, and Gordon's happy that he's back in the crapshoot that is the GCPD. Nygma walks in with fingerprint information, including Todd's real name and the fact that he got himself sent to Arkham. Nygma then leaves and tries to put the nerdy moves on a woman, including a "riddle" that appears to be a cupcake with a live bullet in it. I see the riddle here: How the f*ck is this psycho working in a police department's forensics lab? Gordon and Bullock get a lead, and leave.

They show up at the place that Todd was, search around, find the loose end that Todd took care of earlier, who is now a drooling vegatable permanetly stuck on Bart's Chalkboard Gag.

Falcone's woman is kidnapped... By Fish. I want her gone. I want her dead and gone and I want Falcone to deliver the coup de grace. Anyway, Fish calls Falcone with a voice changer, threatening him. Hopefully he's not an idiot and Fish's bullsh*t doesn't snap him.

Hm... Now I want a Big Mac, since I just saw a commercial for one.

Gordon and Bullock go over evidence while Dr. Thompkins shows up with a doll, telling them a story about one of the patients. Then we cut to Don Maroni and The Penguin, who are at their restaurant. They're then attacked by Todd, and Penguin leaks a particularly damaging piece of information: that he has to tell Falcone something.

Barbara shows up at a house, where her parents live. Looks like her mother doesn't look too happy to see her. Well, her mother in particular. Her father looks to be under his wife's thumb, and doesn't really care. This plot is wearing me down, likely because I don't feel anything for Barbara except contempt.

Back to the police station, where everybody's waiting for Penguin to wake up. He does, and Maroni doesn't waste much time getting to the interrogation. Clearly, Penguin's "mother" excuse was all about getting to Falcone. Penguin looks like he's about to sh*t himself.

Back to Falcone, who receives a phone call from Fish, using her actual voice this time. Falcone surprises me, by explaining that he's seen through Fish's bullsh*t the entire time. I'm very happy about this, but not that Falcone actually accepts Fish's proposal to leave. Fish, on the other hand, doesn't seem too happy that it's come to this. She acts like she's doing this out of compassion and respect. Liza (Falcone's girl) isn't happy about any of this.

Falcone is drinking himself into a stupor, and somebody who looks vaguely familiar walks in. Oh, it's Zsasz. I didn't recognize him without his ringtone. He wants to do something, but Falcone says no.

Back to Nygma trying to get his flirt on and he explained the stupid riddle. It's stupid. Wait a minute... Who's this? Dash Mihok?! Arnold Flass is here! He looks like a freaking psychopath, honestly, but apparently he's either dating the chick Nygma wants to or he at least knows her. Todd is breaking his way into the police station.

Penguin is near ready to snap like a twig with "I really didn't mean that!" and Maroni just looks very calm. I like Maroni. As Penguin's about to leave, Todd breaks into the police station, electrocuting dozens of people and knocking out every light in the building. Cue commercial break.

Now I want that Burger King sandwich from the 70s. Dammit.

Todd and his goon walk through the police station, grab Maroni. Gordon shows up and puts his gun to Todd's head, but Todd's got some kind of magnet ready, and the goon starts a fight, but Gordon wins that fight. Todd goes psychoanalyst on him, tries to trick him into screwing up, but Gordon hits him with a glass of water and knocks out his electric box. And he gets his job back.

"Next man who tries to take away my shield, one way or another, I'm gonna make him eat it." Cool.

We still have fifteen minutes left.

Holy sh*t, it's Commissioner Loeb. Now we get his name.

Back to Falcone and Zsasz, who really doesn't want to be waiting there. Penguin shows up to report to Falcone, looking like he's been run through the wringer (he has, honestly). Uh oh... For Liza, anyway. Penguin tells Falcone the ugly truth that Fish planted her, and Falcone really doesn't want to hear it. The phone rings, it's Fish. She agrees to hand Liza over, and Falcone sits there and contemplates into a commercial break.

It's time for Fish to hand over LIza. Falcone shows up, and they get the business angle out of the way. Falcone tells Fish that this ain't happening until he sees Liza, which happens. He asks her if she's alright, and then grills her with other questions. Uh oh... Thank you, thank you, thank you, Penguin! Time for guns, time for Zsasz! Well, first it's time for Falcone to... strangle Liza. Damn. He tells Zsasz to keep Fish alive (and her right-hand fatman), and tells FIsh that all of her men are dead. Penguin waddles in and laughs.

Please off Fish by the end of the season, Falcone! If you do, you may usurp Don Corleone as my favorite gangster. No, no you won't, but you'll be a solid number 5.

Dr. Thompkins shows up at the men's locker room to talk to Gordon. She's outrageously nervous, but it's obvious that she's there because she' attracted to Gordon. They kiss. The steam is from the shower, not the intense make-out session.

Dammit, Flass was wasted in this episode.

Now, onto Star Wars Rebels, where Billy Dee WIlliams is guest starring. Y'know. Billy Dee WIlliams. After being Lando Calrissian in The Empire Strikes Back, he was Harvey Dent in Batman. That one that had Michael Keaton in it. I mentioned him at the beginning of the review.
    Hmm.Pretty good episode on the whole,I guess. I'm pleased that Falcone ended up being perceptive enough to realize Penguin was telling the truth. Kinda cold what he did to Liza. Kinda wish they dragged out her fate longer than Fish's. Fish shoulda got a bullet right there for being the mastermind.But Liza was just a patsy.They coulda done something more interesting with her.Eh,it is (as they say) what it is.

Penguin blabbing while he was in "shock" (so to speak) seemed awfully convenient. This is like the second week in a row where he screws up. Not very consistent with the criminal genius he appeared to be previously.

What are Bruce & Alfred on a long holiday or something?

They be movin' way too fast with Leslie. I'm not sure I even really want them together to begin with,but c'mon now.

Thank Heavens Gordon's out of Arkham.

Liked seeing Zsasz and his motley crew again.

So Riddler's gonna go bad over Miss Kringle? That's what it looks like,at least. Poor guy's got a shaky hold on reality as it is. Don't know what it'll take to send him over.

Bullock got off his usual good lines and Jim's required fist fight with Blaster Master Electricutioner's goon was pretty good. Had to chuckle at the Electricutioner's rather simple comeuppance. Quite funny.

Barbara wasn't really too annoying,given her brief screen time,I guess.
    Given how unimportant that scene was to the rest of the episode, I can't help but wonder why Barbara was even there this week.
    GOTHAM Showrunner Confirms 'Red Hood'; Promises A Shocking Finale
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=113971
    Looking at this show, I can't help but feel some of the disappointment that some had felt about Agents of SHIELD in its first season. I just don't think that this show is living up to its potential, despite the interesting premise. By the time Batman shows up in this Gotham, he'll have either no rogues gallery, or one that will belong in the Arkham Institute for the Criminally Aged.

Characters like Gordon, and Bullock, and Dent, they have no room to grow, because they're already so close to the characters we know them as. And then comes the fact that if Batman is to be taken seriously in this world, everybody's gonna have to suffer some form of amnesia for characters like Gordon or Selina Kyle to not know that it's Bruce Wayne under that cowl.

And then we have characters like Flass, who showed up for twenty seconds in this latest episode and did all of nothing. Characters like Barbara, who is doing little to suggest that she'll even end up as a bright page on Gordon's memory book, let alone the mother of his children. Even characters like Nygma, Essen, Montoya... What real purpose do they have now? If Nygma's not the Riddler by the end of season 2's first half, then they're just padding. Montoya has done nothing but flip-flop between hating Gordon for stealing Barbara and demanding that Barbara return to him. What the hell has Essen done yet? She was barely even in this past episode!

Finally, we have the mafia influence, which didn't even start helping anything until this past episode, when Falcone proved that he wasn't a dipsh*t and is very willing to take care of Fish if he needs to. But before this, we had countless episodes where Fish saaat there, draaaging out her wooooords, darling, and taaalking like she already owned thizz city. I would have very much enjoyed it if Gordon put a bullet in her skull the moment she showed up, because, dammit, that's what she deserved.

Back to comparing this show to Agents of SHIELD, some people didn't think that show was worth it until Captain America: The Winter Soldier came out and flipped SHIELD on its side. After those connecting episodes premiered, people started to come around to the show. Gotham is going to need a game-changer like Agents of SHIELD did, and it had better not just wait for the finale. Unless the season finale's really good, I won't be coming back for season 2. There's just little reason. This show should have been a 22-episode version of Batman: Year One, with parallel stories of Gordon cleaning up the GCPD and Bruce finding what he needed to inspire fear in his enemies.
    We recap, obviously. Judging by the recap, either Selina or Bruce will be important in this episode.

Now we're in a very deserted parking structure, which appears to have a surgical room in the middle. Fish is brought to this room and strung up on a bed, then Bob enters the room.

Now we head over to Gordon showing up at a crime scene, where Bullock doesn't seem to be happy it all, but he's accepted it. Hey, now we get our actual introduction to Flass, and he and Bullock don't really like each other. The victim is strung up like a doll, and Gordon examines the corpse while Bullock and Flass leave. What's this in the dead man's shoe? Drugs? Bullock pops back in to say there was a witness.

The witness is Leon, and he looks familiar to me. Who is he... Anyway, he's not sure how this whole "witness" thing works. Gordon and Bullock take him to the precinct, where the man talks on his phone. A cop walks in and murders him, so it's good bet it wasn't a cop. Seems he was stabbed to death with an icepick.

Back to Fish being interrogated by Bob. He likes to be "sure", and asks several very basic questions. Fish decides to do the very same to him, and this pisses him off enough to punch her. Bob is now my hero. I like Bob. Fish tells him that they're not friends, but Bob can be my friend any day of the week, seeing as he punched her in the face.

And now we see two guys who are in a van. One of them is killed as the other checks the back. Oh, looks like these were probably the guys who dumped Fish off at Bob's. The Right-Hand Fatman is behind this little side plot, trying to find Fish. He's probably gonna find her and free her by the end of the episode.

Gordon, Bullock and Essen (hey, she's back) are arguing in Essen's office. Gordon wants to find out who did this, and thinks it's a cop. Essen and Bullock both tell him that going after a cop is risky business.

Alfred's driving Bruce around Selina's neighborhood because Bruce wants to find Selina. Bruce gets out of the car, and Alfred follows him. They run into Ivy, who's not as sick as she was two episodes ago, and demanding money to give Selina a message. Bruce agrees, and makes Alfred pay her.

Bob has put a plastic bag over Fish's head, then takes it off. Fish is bored, apparently, but Bob doesn't care. He's just gonna keep going. He picks up a saw, then puts it down and picks up an ax. The Right-Hand Fatman comes in and pummels Bob to death, which pisses me off. I wanted Bob to at least last until the end of the episode.

Gordon interrogates other officers, but he's not gettin' sh*t. Gordon's certain it's a cop, and wants Bullock to give up who it probably is. Gordon uses interesting techniques to get everybody to talk, and is pointed in the direction of Officer Delaware, who runs. Is he the likely suspect? We'll see. Gordon proceeds to fight him, because Delaware... has those drugs from earlier. Huh... He's brought in, in front of all the other cops.

Essen's pissed, and so is Flass. Looks like those drugs are part of an ongoing investigation. Essen takes the case away from Gordon and Bullock, all because she's pissed.

Oh, lookie here! It's the Riddler Romance Replay! He tries to give that woman a greeting card that looks an awful damn lot like those messages Jim Carrey's Riddler gave people in Batman Forever, and he looks very happy while creepy music plays.

The Right-Hand Fatman is there to comfort Fish when she awakens. She treats him like a true friend, while I'm going to say he's absolutely obcessed with her. She wants The Penguin. Badly.

Penguin, on the other hand, is showing Fish's club off to his mother. She's outrageously excited abotu this, I guess because it means her son's finally found class, or something. There's a little back and forth here, because he's happy, then he's angry that she figured out that he's gonna run the place, then he's happy again.

Gordon and Bullock are now in a diner, where Bullock tells Gordon that Narcotics is apparently not cleaning up the drugs, but selling them. The commissioner might actually be involved. Either way, Gordon still wants to try and take down Flass. Bullock calls in a favor.

Now we're in a stash house, where Gordon and Bullock have their guns ready. They find Delaware there, and try to take him in. A fight ensues, and Bullock and Gordon get their asses beaten. Uh-oh, Delaware has a warrant to be in the stash house, he's protected, all right.

Gordon and Bullock return to the station and are told that Leon's death is now (somehow) a suicide. Essen is angry, even though you can tell she actually wants to be an honest cop. She wants him to just move on to the next case and leave this one behind. Gordon leaves and says he'll be back in an hour.

Anyway, the Riddler's potential love interest has let a bunch of dickhead cops (Flass included) read that love letter he wrote her, and he pops in at just the wrong moment. They make fun of him.

Now we're back at the Penguin's club, where his mother is dancing with someone. Gordon shows up, Penguin introduces him to his mother, he's less than pleased about this. Either way, they get down to business. Gordon calls in a favor, asks Penguin about Flass. He wants Penguin to use his connections to Maroni to get some dirt on Flass, and Penguin agrees to do it, free of charge, because he considers himself Gordon's friend.

Zsasz shows up at Bob's place, and kills Bob.

Penguin has his mook take his mother home. Penguin then downs a lot of champagne, and decides it's really time to celebrate. That's when Fish shows up.

We're at Bruce's place, now, and he's playing both sides of the chess board when Selina breaks in. Thank God he's got the hots for her, otherwise he... still wouldn't call the cops. This kid is going to be the g*ddamn Batman, after all. He gives Selina a present, a snow globe, and she's genuinely happy about it. Bruce asks her to stay, but she's apprehensive, since she feels he's making fun of her lifestyle. She then says that she lied about seeing his parents' murderer and then leaves. Bruce nearly cries.

Penguin's mook interrogates Delaware by nearly drowning his wife.

Penguin's kissing Fish's feet. He wants to make a deal, but Fish says a big fat no to it. Penguin's still got his pride, though, and shoves in her face that she was an idiot when it came to him. Zsasz shows up and starts shooting. One of his hookers gets a bullet, but he just watches it happen like a turd went down the toilet. Fish and the Right-Hand Fatman make a run for it, and Zsasz has his hookers chase them down, then he calmly gets ahead of them. They find the Right-Hand Fatman and decide to have some fun.

The Riddler is picking through what looks to be spaghetti when his love interest shows up and apologizes to him. She doesn't want to date him, but she's sorry that people treat him like a weirdo.

The Penguin's mook shows up with the icepick, which can actually tie the murders to Flass.

Bruce is now crying in front of a fireplace and Alfred shows up. He gives Bruce a swift kick in the nuts and tells him to grow a pair and deal with it. Bruce agrees.

Gordon tries to arrest Flass, showing off the icepick. Flass is very certain nothing's going to happen, but Gordon's very adamant that he's gonna get him for murder. Nobody really seems to give a sh*t, though, but Gordon is still adamant and... Essen then stands up and arrests Flass! Damn! Gordon thanks her, and a lot of other cops give him dirty looks, but nobody fights back.

Now we're at the port of Gotham, where Bullock meets Fish. She's gonna leave, which will please me to no end, except that she vows to come back and kill Penguin. Bullock and Fish seem to be in love, which pisses me off. Bullock leaves, Fish throws away his coat.

Gordon meets with Delaware, who's erratic. He's babbling, wants his family safe (because he assumes Gordon directly sent the Penguin's mook) and it seems Gordon has now become a don himself.

Next week's episode will be the first part of a two-parter, apparently. Cool.
    Enjoyed tonight's episode. Would be interesting if Jim and Flass partner up one day.
    Some other notes

-Penguins mother continues to freak me out
    -LOVED Alfred getting Bruce back up on his feet after he found him crying
    -The ending was pretty powerful. Gordon seeing the terror on Delaware's face was a pretty good acting moment
    -Bullock and Fish...what?
    All in all, this episode wasn't half bad at all, especially considering its focus on Fish.
    I saw Ben McKenzie favorited this on Twitter...

B8TQNLcIMAEnb8j.jpg:large
    CONFIRMED: The 'Red Hood Gang' Are Coming To GOTHAM Next Month

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=114568
    So far , no true hero though...

Oh and there is a typo on "villain".
    We start off with a man hoisting someone in a chair up over the city. He pulls a mask of the man's head, then puts a noose around his neck, then cuts him loose. The Hispanic cleaning lady just doesn't notice.

Penguin and Maroni are having dinner, toasting to Fish's downfall. Small problem here is that Fish then calls Maroni, and tells him that Penguin is working for Falcone. Maroni isn't happy about this. Fish hangs up, and Maroni plays Penguin into a car ride.

On a roof now, and Nygma is looking over the body of the hung man and Essen walks up to Bullock and asks what's going on. Nygma explains the forensics, and then Essen and Bullock talk about being careful now that Flass is behind bars for murder.

Gordon goes back to Barbara and/or his apartment, where Selina is eating. She sneaks around the room, trying not to be seen, but Gordon goes a'chasin', finds the evidence that she's been there, and grabs her. He grills her about what she's doing, if she's seen Barbara, and then tells her he's going to find her someplace safe. She dumps that she's not really a witness to the Wayne murders on him, then makes a quick exit.

Gordon goes to Wayne Manor to talk to Bruce, who's obviously not as fine as he's letting on. Gordon explains that he doesn't believe Selina, Bruce says he does. Somehow, despite the fact that he's all of twelve years old, Bruce seems very much like he's already the judge of character that he'll be when the cape and cowl pops up. Has it really been months story-wise? Dear God. Anyway, Bruce tells Gordon that he doesn't need to find Thomas and Martha Wayne's killers, and Gordon leaves.

Maroni and Penguin get where they're going, which appears to be an old cabin in the woods. "So where's the guy?" "Which guy?" "The guy with the thing?" This is now my favorite exchange in the entire show. Anyway, Maroni's being extremely obvious about his intentions to beat the sh*t out of Penguin, and I can't tell if Penguin notices this or if he's just being radically paranoid. Maroni calls Penguin out on some of the odd occurances, then goes to see "the guy" about "the thing".

A woman walks into the GCPD precinct and apparently she's the dead guy's sponser from his Phobias Anonymous group. Why do I have this weird feeling that she's involved in the murder... Anyway, Bullock asks her when the next meeting of this group is, somewhat asks her out on a date, and then she leaves. Gordon walks in, with some minor leads. Bullock latches onto one about the chair, and they leave.

A man walks out of his apartment and finds the murderer, who's carrying a pig. This scares the man and another man throws him into a van.

Nygma's in a very sticky situation, trying to investigate the body when the medical examiner and Essen walk in and catch him. I don't get it, because Nygma's actually trying to figure out the case, but either way, they suspend him.

Bullock and Gordon arrive at a factory that looks about as rundown as can possibly be. They talk about Doctor Thompkins and Barbara, and then find a man wearing a pig suit with a knife, and shoot him because he won't drop the knife. Not as bad a lead as Gordon thought it'd be.

We have a boat, which is apparently where Fish is. Looks like she's managed to seduce the entire ship into working for her. What the f*ck? Does she have some sort of pheromones or something? Nothing revolving around her makes sense to me.

Gordon and Bullock bring their findings to the captain, and Gordon suspects that something strange is at work here. This leads to a conversation about Nygma, and Essen explains that they can't take down every criminal, because they're being watched by Flass's friends.

Nygma goes to talk to the woman he's technically stalking and returns to her a pencil that he took so long ago it's been sharpened to within an inch of it's life. Funny, but completely impractical.

Penguin's going apesh*t in Maroni's cabin, steals the gun that Maroni had in a bag and waits for the don to return. He swiftly does, and they sit down for a talk of trust. Maroni wants no secrets, and explains that "there is no guy with a thing", and demands a secret from Penguin in return. Penguin doesn't really like oatmeal. Maroni explains that Fish is alive and that he's spoken to her, and Penguin's curious, but Maroni won't tell him what she said until Penguin gives up a secret. Anyway, this leads to Maroni explaining that Fish told him that Penguin's under Falcone's thumb, and then Penguin reveals that he's got the gun, which appears to have doubled in size and shortened in barrel length. Penguin points the gun at Maroni, but Maroni explains that there's only blanks in the gun, to which Penguin shoots, proving that there are indeed blanks in the gun. Maroni then takes out his frustration on Penguin's face.

Gordon goes to dinner with Dr. Thompkins. They try to have small talk, but Gordon brings work into it, and asks for her help. She looks uneasy, because she's dressed up all sexy for medical advice, but Gordon assures her that he really did want to see her, and is just trying to kill two birds with one boner... er, stone. Gordon gets a phone call, apologizes that he has to leave, and then calls Bullock. The second victim is awake, says that he was abducted by two men, and that they've still got a perp to find.

Bullock is sweet-talking that phobia lady from earlier. Turns out she's afraid of swimming pools (or just swimming), and would you look at that, one of the regulars is the murderer. Guess I was right about that phobia lady leading us to the murderer, though I was wrong about her being directly involved.

Maroni and Penguin are now at an auto junk yard, where Maroni intends on putting Penguin in a car and sticking the car in the crusher. Penguin tries to beg for his life, tries to get out of death by offering to be a double agent, and then Maroni stuffs him in the car.

Nygma breaks into a locker, because he's good at this sort of thing.

Bullock decides to actually talk at Phobias Anonymous. Phobia Lady (let's just calle her Phobe) looks very impressed. The murderer, Todd - Holy sh*t, that's what's-his-name from 24, Stargate SG-1 and Smallville - starts talking, explaining that he has a fear of failing, that he's afraid he's passed it onto his son, and then he starts crying and runs away.

Penguin's in the car, and decides to call Maroni. Maroni thinks that's funny, and so do I. He hangs up on him after telling him to shut up. Instead, he calls the guy who runs the guy who owns the place and threatens Falcone on him. He takes this threat seriously, stops the crusher. Maroni chases after the escaping Penguin while music that sounds suspiciously like the theme music to the Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes movies plays.

Back to Phobias Anonymous, and Bullock is concerned for Phobe. He chases after Phobe and the guy who plays young Jor-El on Smallville and just misses them.

Huh, we're the majority of the way through the episode. Either Bullock and Gordon are going to pull a "Catch 'em in the last act" or Young Jor-El will get a second episode. I hope he does. I like that actor (who's name escapes me every day of the week, though I remember all three roles I know him for).

The ME returns to his locker to find a lot of limbs. An officer walks in and sees it. Uh-oh...

Gordon talks to Essen about Todd, Bullock walks in and says that he's almost certain he knows where Todd has taken Phobe. The cop that saw the ME with the limbs walks in, and it's funny.

Todd is about to drown Phobe, and Todd's son walks in, and looks very concerned. Todd explains that this is necessary and gives his kid more money for the parking meter, because the paper bag trick just doesn't work anymore. Todd pushes Phobe into the pool.

Gordon and Bullock show up and holy sh*t, Todd's got a gun. Bullock goes after Phobe while Gordon goes after Todd. Todd locks a door between him and Gordon to give himself more time, but Gordon shoots the lock, and then returns to Bullock just in time to find that he's saved Phobe.

Now we're in the woods again, and a church group finds Penguin. A woman who's acting an awful damn lot like Whoopi Goldberg is acting an awful damn lot like Whoopi Goldberg, and they give him a ride back to Gotham. I would seriously slaughter this church group if I had to endure singing like that.

Gordon gets the info from Thompkins, who tells him that the killer stole the victim's adrenal glands. She's happy about everything she just found out, and Gordon offers her a job as the new ME, as well as a date. She accepts the date and thinks about the offer. She extorts a kiss out of him saying kiss or no date, so he does it, and everybody (Nygma included) watches.

Turns out Nygma's not suspended, since the ME quit. What's-her-name that he likes doesn't seem to care, but demands a pencil out of him.

Fish wakes up to gunfire on the ship. Somali pirates? Awesome!

Just realized, "Todd" is Scarecrow. Dammit.
    I suppose I liked this one more than I disliked it. (Barbara is still gone & Fish getting little more than a cameo,helped)

I guess the bottom line is the show has to be graded on the curve. At this point I'm beginning to feel it's never gonna earn a strong 9 from me,much less a 10. But this one was a decent 8.5

Scarecrow Dad was actually pretty interesting. I'd probably forgive them making him a "legacy" villain, but getting Junior involved is whats leaving it TBD.

I had to at the guy terrified by Crane walking toward him with a baby pig. Now there's the Gotham I appreciate,that takes chances on ticking off the fanboys by involving a healthy slice of cheese.

I got flashes of Batman Forever in the opening when Crane hangs the guy. For some reason it reminded me of Carrey killing his boss. I also thought of Carrey's "You were supposed to understand." with Nygma's "But,I found something." They are really nailing Nygma here. He's been the best part of the show since the mid season break.

I also liked the gal Bullock took interest in. I was worried she'd be killed,but hopefully there is some kinda future for them.

I'm gonna put the Leslie relationship in the plus column,but I still caution them against moving too fast.

Then,there was the rest...
    Bruce "releasing" Gordon and announcing his intentions was just wrong. It's already straining credulity that these two are so close and yet supposedly (if cannon is king) Jim won't learn he's Batman in the years to come.

Penguin getting humiliated,beaten & nearly killed- AGAIN.
    If it wasn't for RTL being so good in the role,I'd just write Oswald off. His story doesn't interest me anymore. (Nygma,on the other hand,is beginning to) I liked his cabin scenes with Maroni,but It's like they are determined to give him a case of "arrested development" to keep him from becoming a big shot too soon. Unfortunately,there's only so many times he can scheme his was out of certain death,before it becomes groan worthy.(and for me,it's past time.) He should be at least a "wise guy" by now.But,you give him too much status,and what will you do with him in the next 10 years waiting for Batman?

The "Cat" stuff with Jim really made no impact one way or the other.

Fish getting kidnapped by pirates. The only thing that would make me interested in that storyline is if the pirates are led by Barbara.Maybe that's what she's been up to.

Looks like Oswald meets Ed next episode.Should be interesting.
    I like Gordon with the doctor lady, she was Brody's wife on "Homeland".
    Penquin is everyone's favorite punching bag, the man has nine lives I gotta say.
    Those can't be Somili pirates, that man was too big.....
    Whatever happened to Barbara and the lady cop? She had a fling and then...? huh? What? Bring her back.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Barbara and the lady cop? She had a fling and then...? huh? What? Bring her back.

No.
    GOTHAM: We Might Just Meet 'The Joker' Before The Season 1 Finale
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=114794