Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    http://theactionelite.com/scott-adkins-to-join-john-wick-4/

I have definitely seen the first John Wick, not sure about the second. I haven't seen the 3rd. If this happens, I will definitely be watching this one.

The casting for the fourth is easily my favorite so far, but Adkins being added was pure icing on the cake for me. I can't wait to see if he plays friend or foe in this.

In the meantime, you should check out the next two installments, they're ridiculous and damn impressive. Keanu's a legend.

I get the feeling that he will be foe. Either way i'm interest.

I'll make a point to get JW2 and JW3 when I can.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2021 Posts: 4,441
    Since 5 June Dutch cinema's are reopend after a long time.

Godzilla vs. Kong: 85 Screens did $743,276 in first weak.
    The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It: 70 (Starts with 69) screens did $1,035,947 in two weaks.
    De Slag Om De Schelde (The Forgotten Battle) did $2,248,158 in 3 weaks.
    Nobody did $679,732 in two weaks.

Time to re-promotion some movies i think. $412,144 for Cruella (49 screens) in 4 weaks (In first weak movie starts with 43 sceens and $50,619). $240,928 for Tom and Jerry (105 screens) in first weak and after two weaks doing $493,249.

Stranger on the Run with 137 screens did $574,502 in two weaks whyle Spiral did $478,001 (First weak with 73 screens, second weak with 67 screens). Nomadland did $407,780 in 3 weaks (87 screens, starts with 84 screens)

Not all numbers are confirmd yet. A Quiet Place Part II contuned in cinema, after it be released for 1 weak in February 2020. Also you can watch The Croods 2: A New Age and Chaos Walking (with Mads Mikkelsen).

Yesterday was Dutch premiere of Extinct (Dutch name: De Flummels) & Black Widow and today is Dutch premiere of Fast9 followd up by movies like Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard (22 July), Snake Eyes (22 July) and Jungle Cruise (28 July) and The Green Knight (05 August)

edited July 2021 Posts: 4,441
    For the fans of The Hulk and
    The Backstreet Boys :))

A Disney, Pixar and Fox movie ;)
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    FYI,

If there are any fans of Humphrey Bogart in the New York City area, the Film Forum is having a retrospective of some of his films between Friday, July 16th and Thursday, August 5th.

https://filmforum.org/series/bogart

Even though I own the Criterion DVD, I plan on seeing “In A Lonely Place” at some point next week.

In other “Bogie” news, Fathom Events – along with Turner Classic Movies - will be having selected screenings of “The African Queen” next week (July 18th and July 21st).

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/The-African-Queen-presented-by-TCM-(2021)

The_African_Queen_1000x1480_Website.jpg.jpg
  • edited July 2021 Posts: 5,806
    He's back !

And so is he :

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

---

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The Protege has "direct-to-DVD" written all over it but I love Campbell and his style of filming when it comes to action sequences, so I'll certainly check it out when given the chance.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Protege has "direct-to-DVD" written all over it but I love Campbell and his style of filming when it comes to action sequences, so I'll certainly check it out when given the chance.

I know what you mean though the cast and director will hopefully make it worthwhile, great to see Maggie Q.

---

The Suicide Squad Exclusive Featurette - Gunns Blazing (2021) | Movieclips Trailers

Wes Anderson films are unmistakable that's for sure...

Spot the Bond actors.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    The knife sticking out of the phone. I like it. A bit of Klebb to it?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That looks great. I think there was another Norwegian disaster-type film you posted a trailer for a year or two back that really caught my attention but I never got around to it. Hell, I could even be mixing up the countries, but it looked pretty killer. The CGI is usually surprisingly impressive with these films.
    That looks great. I think there was another Norwegian disaster-type film you posted a trailer for a year or two back that really caught my attention but I never got around to it. Hell, I could even be mixing up the countries, but it looked pretty killer. The CGI is usually surprisingly impressive with these films.

Probably The Quake. That one was terrific, and a sequel to The Wave which was also pretty good. It s the same film makers behind this one. The effects were unbelievably good and didn t cost much, compared to Hollywood fare with much poorer effects. I used to live in Oslo, and seeing it destroyed on the big screen so convincingly in The Quake was quite something.

Probably The Quake. That one was terrific, and a sequel to The Wave which was also pretty good. It s the same film makers behind this one. The effects were unbelievably good and didn t cost much, compared to Hollywood fare with much poorer effects. I used to live in Oslo, and seeing it destroyed on the big screen so convincingly in The Quake was quite something.

That's it! I knew you had mentioned it was a sequel to something. I wonder why that's the case, because the effects in the above posted trailer are stunning but I see some $200-300 million U.S. productions with horrendous CGI. I guess it's all about the talent behind constructing them.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That was a trip!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »

I was just about to post that, looks interesting, good cast.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 23,327
    Neil Blomkamp's new film...
    DEMON+C
    Oof, that looks really cheesy.

Hopefully it's just the way the trailer was put together and there is more substance. I find a lot of horror movies have almost the same trailer.

Hopefully it's just the way the trailer was put together and there is more substance. I find a lot of horror movies have almost the same trailer.

They really do, and sad to say, most of them are packed with the "best" moments or scares of the finished product. I'm pretty burnt out on most horror fare these days; much like the superhero genre, it's just the same old thing time and time again, with an excess of predictable jump scares tossed in to scare teenagers and those unfamiliar with the genre.

They should've just let Blomkamp do his Alien 5 film. He's put out a lot of duds since District 9 and now I hear he's planning on quitting film and moving into the gaming world.

They really do, and sad to say, most of them are packed with the "best" moments or scares of the finished product. I'm pretty burnt out on most horror fare these days; much like the superhero genre, it's just the same old thing time and time again, with an excess of predictable jump scares tossed in to scare teenagers and those unfamiliar with the genre.

They should've just let Blomkamp do his Alien 5 film. He's put out a lot of duds since District 9 and now I hear he's planning on quitting film and moving into the gaming world.

I have the District 9 steelbook great movie, I agree Blomkamp has never reached those heights again.

In recent years I am hit and miss with Horror I no longer intentionally set out to watch them. If a Horror appears on Netflix I will give it a go, occasionally a decent one appears.

---

stunning though the trailer showed a lot (I am very familiar with Dune). I guess this trailer will help get the attention of viewers who are not famiar with Dune.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 40,465
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, right, I'm much more willing to check out these likely forgettable flicks if I have some time to kill and they're on a streaming app I'm subscribed to. Pandemic or not, I rarely rush to the cinemas to pay to see these sorts of movies. If it's free, though, why not?

However, I do have my limits, like turning off Army of the Dead after barely 10 minutes. Too much time to dedicate to something that clearly wasn't for me. Then I have stuff like the new Conjuring film I likely never would've watched if it wasn't on HBO Max without an additional rental price (the film itself wasn't scary at all but I enjoyed the investigative nature of it all. Plus, Farmiga and Wilson make a great on-screen couple).

EDIT: This certainly isn't spelling optimism for the future: the UK has pulled The Green Knight from its release calendar, just two weeks before it was set to release, due to COVID concerns.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/the-green-knight-pulled-uk-release-calendar-1234798288/
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, right, I'm much more willing to check out these likely forgettable flicks if I have some time to kill and they're on a streaming app I'm subscribed to. Pandemic or not, I rarely rush to the cinemas to pay to see these sorts of movies. If it's free, though, why not?

However, I do have my limits, like turning off Army of the Dead after barely 10 minutes. Too much time to dedicate to something that clearly wasn't for me. Then I have stuff like the new Conjuring film I likely never would've watched if it wasn't on HBO Max without an additional rental price (the film itself wasn't scary at all but I enjoyed the investigative nature of it all. Plus, Farmiga and Wilson make a great on-screen couple).

EDIT: This certainly isn't spelling optimism for the future: the UK has pulled The Green Knight from its release calendar, just two weeks before it was set to release, due to COVID concerns.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/the-green-knight-pulled-uk-release-calendar-1234798288/

I am more and more unsubscribing to Netflix amongst other services, I can't justify the cost. I subscribe again after several months and let content build up.

I was wondering the other day whether NTTD will hold its release date, with Vaccine passports being a hot topic in the UK currently that could impact on who may or may not be able to attend sporting events, concerts, cinema etc.
    Netflix is one I could certainly do without, they just have nothing that's consistently great on offer, and the rare time they do drop a great new series, it gets canceled. I've had my fill of that, much better content elsewhere to enjoy.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Prime and Disney Plus are great. I piggyback on my father-in-laws Netflix so I don't worry about paying for that. But from what I see on there, I'm glad I don't.