Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The trailer looked too cliched for my taste. Futuristic medieval times and Zack Snyder/Guy Ritchie-esque action stunts, jumping in slow motion and shooting arrows, etc. Don't know... I'm yet to be convinced.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The trailer looked too cliched for my taste. Futuristic medieval times and Zack Snyder/Guy Ritchie-esque action stunts, jumping in slow motion and shooting arrows, etc. Don't know... I'm yet to be convinced.

Right there with you. Seems generic across the board; couple nice shots here and there, but looks like a handful of movies from the last decade. Won't rush to see that one; maybe a good way to kill two hours when I'm bored and it's streaming in the future.
    Celine Dion is back in the movie soundtrack ballad game...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

Benedict Cumberbatch is set to play Cold War spy Greville Wynne in Ironbark, based on the true story of the British businessman who helped the CIA penetrate the Soviet nuclear program during the Cold War.
    Sounds interesting enough!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    antovolk wrote: »
    Celine Dion is back in the movie soundtrack ballad game...
    WPspfIC.gif

Celine Dion ia amazing and not really appreciate the comments of our favorite motormouth.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

Liam Neeson has signed on to star in Charlie Johnson In The Flames.

The plot: Neeson will play the title character, a peerless BBC war correspondent covering civil unrest in the Congo. When the death of an innocent woman shakes him to his core, he risks everything to expose the truth, only to find himself embroiled in a network of murder, corruption, and violence that forces him to question his humanity.

The plot: Neeson will play the title character, a peerless BBC war correspondent covering civil unrest in the Congo. When the death of an innocent woman shakes him to his core, he risks everything to expose the truth, only to find himself embroiled in a network of murder, corruption, and violence that forces him to question his humanity.
    This seems intriguing. If they use the location well, it could end up being a very good film, because the premise is interesting.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Plot gives me a Mark Felt vibe, which I loved. Count me in for this.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2018 Posts: 8,087

The plot: Neeson will play the title character, a peerless BBC war correspondent covering civil unrest in the Congo. When

his daughter is kidnapped by eastern Europeans he is forced out of retirement for one last mission...

The sci-fi film Bios, starring Tom Hanks in the lead role, has set it's target on a October 2, 2020 release date.

The plot: Tom Hanks will play Finch, the last man on earth and an ailing inventor facing his own mortality.

Before then, Tom Hanks will be seen in the WW2 flick Greyhound (release: April 5, 2019), where he will portray Commander Ernest Krause, on a mission to cross the treacherous North Atlantic while being hotly pursued by wolf packs of German U-boats.
    @DaltonCraig007 That reminds me of the Justice League Unlimited episode where Superman awakens 30000 years later only to find the earth is tarnished and the only man living on the planet besides himself is the immortal Vandal Savage who's become an inventor himself.

It seems to be finally happening: Sylvester Stallone is set to star (and possibly direct) in Rambo 5.

Rambo will take on a Mexican Cartel in this 5th installement, with filming to start (if all goes well) around September 2018.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/sylvester-stallone-in-line-to-take-on-mexican-cartel-in-rambo-5-1202383468/
    Terrific news!!
    It took them all these years to figure out how to effectively shut down the drug traffic, when the solution was right under their noses since the 80s?

Now if only Rocky would travel America and educate the kids that drugs are crap!
    This is awesome news for me. I was under the impression Stallone retired the character a few years back, so am glad to see that's not true.
    I hope the Mexicans finally kill him.
    I hope the Mexicans finally kill him.

This is Rambo, not Mel Gibson. ;)
    edited May 2018 Posts: 15,423
    @DaltonCraig007 @Creasy47 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @doubleoego

We know Rambo V is confirmed, so here's more.

31958082_1918257884873177_5083381304221761536_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a4d0ca662e3b50e919e7bd50a75de051&oe=5B9C4D2E

Rambo V
    The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard
    Mechanic 3
    The Expendables 4
    Angel Has Fallen
    @ClarkDevlin you just made my day/week/month/year/whatever!! :D All of these sequels I need ASAP.
    Can't wait for these myself!! :D
    The only one I am looking forward to is the one you didn t mention-Hellboy.
    I must’ve missed it, assuming I’ve written it down already. That happens a lot with me, that’s why I’m probably one of the very few members here who constantly edits his posts. ;)

Bruce Willis will play the boxing trainer of Mike Tyson in Cornerman. The film will be made by “Homeland” actor Rupert Friend, marking his debut in the director’s chair.

http://variety.com/2018/film/features/bruce-willis-to-play-boxing-trainer-of-mike-tyson-in-cornerman-1202800870/
    Bruce Willis will play the boxing trainer of Mike Tyson in Cornerman. The film will be made by “Homeland” actor Rupert Friend, marking his debut in the director’s chair.

http://variety.com/2018/film/features/bruce-willis-to-play-boxing-trainer-of-mike-tyson-in-cornerman-1202800870/
    I'm really looking forward to this one. Cus D'Amato is a legend. One of my faves, along with Angelo Dundee (who guided Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard). I hope Bruce gives it his all and I'm curious to see how Rupert Friend fares as director.
    Interesting. It's also the first time in four years or so I'm hearing of Friend's name since his appearance as the titular character in Hitman: Agent 47. I believe his name was briefly discussed here as a potential 007 sometime ago. I wish him luck as the premise sounds interesting enough.
    Has this been posted here before?

Looks very good, and what a cast!