Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This looks hilarious! Antonio Banderas is a total legend!

He is really funny.

Especially in my language, considering his family name.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What does it mean?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    What does it mean?

It has a sexual meaning.
    I like the look of Wolf Warrior 2 (what a title!), Gun Shy (what a Banderas!), and Mother!

Creasy47 wrote: »
    Stephen Lang will return to play the villain in all of the 'Avatar' sequels:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/877415-colonel-quaritch-will-be-the-main-villain-in-the-avatar-sequels
    Sounds decent enough. Build him as some kind of Darth Vader master of the dark coolness, instead of bringing new characters in with every sequel who are essentially all the same.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

The big screen comic book adaptation Cowboy Ninja Viking gets a June 28, 2019 release date. It will star Chris Pratt in the lead role, a part-Cowboy, part-Ninja, and part-Viking powerful assassin with the skills of all three warriors.

EDIT:

Milla Jovovich has been cast as the main villain in Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I think that's why I'm going to see it having only seen the tease a couple of weeks ago. I'd like to watch this trailer, but it seems like the less you know going in, the better.
    @Creasy47 If you can, then by all means. (My big ambition for the year is to go into LAST JEDI blind; we'll see how that works out).

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I need to get my hands on the suspect film!
    I've got next week off which I'm going to use to source and catch up on the films I've let slip through the cracks.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Strog, have you seen absolutely nothing from 'The Last Jedi' yet, then? I saw the very first trailer once and that's likely all I'll see from it before I catch it in cinemas. Did the same thing with TFA and didn't regret it.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 684
    @Creasy47 I did see a promotional picture of Rey in costume. Nothing too serious. ;)

I've quite a few films I'm hoping to see in theaters this autumn, so I'm guessing I'll be shown a trailer at some point. I'm not so worked up about it as to plug my ears and start singing Howard Jones songs until I get the all clear, however. If it happens, it happens.
    Strog wrote: »
    @Creasy47 I did see a promotional picture of Rey in costume. Nothing too serious. ;)

I've quite a few films I'm hoping to see in theaters this autumn, so I'm guessing I'll be shown a trailer at some point. I'm not so worked up about it as to plug my ears and start singing Howard Jones songs until I get the all clear, however. If it happens, it happens.

That same thing happened with me and TFA - limited myself to just that one trailer, but in the months prior to release, I caught several films in theaters, and almost every single one had a TFA trailer attached to some degree. Sometimes it's impossible to avoid. I want to do the same thing with B25.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Strog wrote: »
    (My big ambition for the year is to go into LAST JEDI blind; we'll see how that works out).

Using a fork?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

Hardly a year after Deepwater Horizon and Patriots Day, Mark Wahlberg will lead yet another true story film, this time directed by Ridley Scott: All the Money in the World. The film, also starring Kevin Spacey, Michelle Williams and Timothy Hutton, follows the story of a left-wing paramilitary organization in Italy that hatched a massive kidnapping plot in the 1970's. The film is aiming to release this December.

mark-wahlberg-all-the-money-in-the-world-london-03.jpg

1st trailer for The Death of Stalin, with Jeffrey Tambor, Steve Buscemi, Michael Palin, Paddy Considine, Olga Kurylenko, and Jason Isaacs:

• edited August 2017 Posts: 684
    Using a fork?
    @Thunderfinger No, that's a rookie mistake. Absolutely a skewer.

(Indirectly reminds me of a Pratchett quote: "...courting couples had come to listen to the splish and gurgle of the river, and to hold hands, and to get all lovey-dovey in the Sussex sunset. He'd done that with Maud, his missus, before they were married. They'd come here to spoon and, on one memorable occasion, fork.")

@Creasy47 Saw this headline today:

Director Rian Johnson & Mark Hamill Urge Fans To Avoid 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Marketing

Did not click. ;)
    @Strog, good man! Was just posting about that in the 'Star Wars' thread. Only a few months to go now, and the payoff of avoiding it all will definitely be worth it!

Some international TV spots for Tom Cruise's American Made:

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    A film-making legend, that guy!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007. I'm going to avoid these links because I'm pumped for this film and need to go in blind. Based on that early trailer it's going to be classic Cruise, which is to say outstanding.
    A film-making legend, that guy!
    Absolutely.
    @bondjames What do you think of that new true story crime film directed by Ridley Scott with Mark Wahlberg and Kevin Spacey from a few posts up?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, I really liked Deepwater Horizon but haven't watched Patriot's Day yet (may be a bit too deep for my tastes). The premise of All the Money in the World certainly sounds interesting and I'm a big fan of how current films imagine the 70's aesthetic (loved American Hustle for instance) so I'm looking forward to it.

The Death of Stalin
    looks interesting.

1st look at Downsizing, the new film directed by Alexander Payne, featuring Matt Damon, Christoph Waltz, Kristen Wiig, Alec Baldwin, Laura Dern, Jason Sudeikis, Neil Patrick Harris and Udo Kier.

The plot: A social satire in which a guy realizes he would have a better life if he were to shrink himself.

The film will be released this December.

downsizing.jpg
    'Bad Boys 3' now has no release date, 'Soldado' (the sequel to 'Sicario') is dropping June 29th, 2018, and more:

http://deadline.com/2017/08/silver-and-black-marvel-sony-movie-sicario-2-holmes-and-watson-bad-boys-3-release-dates-1202147448/

American Assassin will clock in at 1 hour 45 minutes.

American Made's runtime will be 1 hour 55 minutes.
    I'm beginning to think @Mendes4Lyfe was on to something about the shorter run times being a trend.

Wolf Warrior 2 opened 10 days ago its home country (China), and already crossed the $400 million mark at the Chinese box office, making it the 2nd biggest film ever in that country.

Update: We're now 12 days after release, and Wolf Warrior 2 has crossed the $500 million mark at the Chinese Box Office, and is expected to become the biggest Chinese movie in history by tomorrow, overtaking the 2015 film 'The Mermaid'.

Another update: Now 18 days after the release of Wolf Warrior 2, and the film has grossed $680 million in China, making it the 3rd biggest box office gross of all time in a single country. It is expected to move ahead of 2nd placed Avatar's $760 million US gross by the end of next week, as 'Wolf Warrior 2'' is earning an average of $30 million a day from the Chinese box office.
    What's first place?
    @Creasy47 'Star Wars 7' with $936 million in the US. If it can somehow keep that $30 million average, it would move ahead of that within 9 or 10 days.
    @Creasy47 'Star Wars 7' with $936 million in the US. If it can somehow keep that $30 million average, it would move ahead of that within 9 or 10 days.

Damn, I forgot just how successful TFA was. $2 billion worldwide, nearly half of that from the U.S. alone. Incredibly impressive, eager to see if Episode 8 can top those returns.
    That is truly shocking. The Chinese takeover continues unabated. Hollywood will notice, unfortunately.
    @bondjames I know you love the 'Return on Profit' figures for Box Office analysis, so I have to point out that Wolf Warrior 2 has a budget of $30 million.