Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @bondjames Rosamund Pike is in the 2nd film. ;)
    @bondjames, the second one is even better! A lot better! :D
    Gentlemen, based on your esteemed recommendations, I'm sold. I'll be purchasing it tonight.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2017 Posts: 4,447
    There was no directer or cinematopgrapher confirmd yet for JE3, so that film board confirmd it now. David Kerr is Irish tv directer http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1256143 . Florian http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0389285/ is German cinematographer, possible moost known work is The Deep Blue Sea.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2017 Posts: 4,447
    Dutch actor Achraf Koutet who earlier was one selections for part of Aladdin, mabey wil play Jafar.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/marwan-kenzari-is-jafar-in-disneys-aladdin/
    Marwan Kenzari Is Jafar In Disney’s “Aladdin”
    By Garth Franklin Friday, August 4th 2017 11:46 am

Award-winning Dutch actor Marwan Kenzari is in negotiations to play the villain Jafar in Guy Ritchie’s live-action “Aladdin” remake at Disney Pictures.

So far the cast includes Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Naomi Scott as Jasmine, Will Smith as the Genie, and Nasim Pedrad as a handmaid.

The original animated movie dealt with the famed Arabic folk tale of a young man granted three wishes by a genie trapped in a lamp. John August penned the script for the new film which Dan Lin (“Sherlock Holmes”) will produce.

Kenzari is coming off a bumper year with roles in multiple major movies including the remakes of “The Mummy,” “Ben-Hur” and “Murder on the Orient Express” along with “Collide,” “The Promise” and Netflix’s “What Happened to Monday”.

Source: Variety
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

'Paradox' is now officially called SPL 3: Paradox, and is thus the 3rd outing in the SPL trilogy. Seems like 'SPL 3' and 'Paradox' were wrongly touted on IMDB as 2 seperate films.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Don t understand Chinese. Thank God for the undertext.
    Don t understand Chinese. Thank God for the undertext.
    Ha ha. Redundant indeed. Somehow I feel that one can enjoy this one even on mute. It's all about the action.
    Not sure if this has been posted before
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Witness he.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Wolf Warrior 2 opened 10 days ago its home country (China), and already crossed the $400 million mark at the Chinese box office, making it the 2nd biggest film ever in that country.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Can't wait to see this! :D
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

Beyond Skyline, the sequel to the 2010 film ''Skyline', will be released in November 2017 in Indonesia. It stars Iko Uwais and Frank Grillo.

20478835_1910228239225080_1547497031944110080_n.jpg

I love Rowan Atkinson as Johnny English more so than Mr Bean. So this was a pleasant surprise to learn that a 3rd movie has now begun filming!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DaltonCraig007, about damn time, I feel like we were discussing that film's production well over a year or two ago.

Full trailer for Darren Aronofsky's new film, Mother!:

EDIT:

A new trailer for the Takeshi Kitano's Outrage: Coda

And a new trailer for the South Korean crime film VIP:

Just a quick recap of upcoming action films with trailers available:

@DaltonCraig007 @Creasy47 @MajorDSmythe @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames

Looks like a retired (and half-crazed) El Mariachi (Banderas) meets Christopher Chance (Mark Valley). Also starring our very own Olga Kurylenko.
    This looks hilarious! Antonio Banderas is a total legend!
    Definitely!! :D
    Full trailer for Darren Aronofsky's new film, Mother!:

I can't wait for this. So surreal and spooky.

Bardem, Lawrence, Harris and Pfeiffer means a day one showing for me!

Wolf Warrior 2 opened 10 days ago its home country (China), and already crossed the $400 million mark at the Chinese box office, making it the 2nd biggest film ever in that country.

Update: We're now 12 days after release, and Wolf Warrior 2 has crossed the $500 million mark at the Chinese Box Office, and is expected to become the biggest Chinese movie in history by tomorrow, overtaking the 2015 film 'The Mermaid'.
    mother! is an immediate see for me as well (it's styling by the way plays merry hell with my habit of using all caps for film titles).

I was going to go in completely blank, but I'm glad I watched the footage released so far. Trusted Aronofsky to keep the trailer as bare as possible, and he did. Just a taste of how the film will feel.
    Strog wrote: »
    mother! is an immediate see for me as well (it's styling by the way plays merry hell with my habit of using all caps for film titles).

I was going to go in completely blank, but I'm glad I watched the footage released so far. Trusted Aronofsky to keep the trailer as bare as possible, and he did. Just a taste of how the film will feel.

I think that's why I'm going to see it having only seen the tease a couple of weeks ago. I'd like to watch this trailer, but it seems like the less you know going in, the better.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    *watches Death Wish trailer*

So they weren't joking, then? They made Death Wish as a generic action movie with one liners, and staring Bruce Willis c.2017 (sleepwalking).

So they weren't joking, then? They made Death Wish as a generic action movie with one liners, and staring Bruce Willis c.2017 (sleepwalking).

My thoughts exactly. Looks about as generic as a movie could be. I miss the Bruce Willis of old.

Here is the 1st trailer for the upcoming South Korean crime/thriller Memoir of a Murderer:

For info: the director's previous film was the South Korean 'Taken' meets 'Jason Bourne' action flick The Suspect, which came out in 2013:

Stephen Lang will return to play the villain in all of the 'Avatar' sequels:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/877415-colonel-quaritch-will-be-the-main-villain-in-the-avatar-sequels
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Looks about as generic as a movie could be. I miss the Bruce Willis of old.

Not that am saying that Death Wish needed to be remade, but this remake would have stood a chance if it had been made 20 years ago, back when Bruce Willis actually cared about his work. Seeing what he has done to the Die Hard films, the films that made him a movie star, what hope does Death Wish have?
    what hope does Death Wish have?

It probably has a death wish? ;)
    what hope does Death Wish have?

It probably has a death wish? ;)

200_s.gif
    This looks hilarious! Antonio Banderas is a total legend!

He is really funny.