Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• edited December 2016 Posts: 5,767
    It´s sad to see that De Niro still can deliver yet doesn´t get decent films. What would I give for De Niro and Keitel smoking through a mean Scorsese or Mann film... or Villeneuve...
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 3,336
    @Boldfinger, look at the cast and director of this.

The Irishman (2018)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1302006/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

The Irishman (2018)

:O :O This almost looks like a fancasting. Is this confirmed? This will get so many Oscars for sure

The Irishman (2018)
    @Crazysoul95, thanks for reminding me of that one, it´s incredibly promising. But it´s been so long in talks, I only believe it when I see it, and when I see that De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Keitel play major roles where they really rip some asses open, instead of being the backdrop for some young punks.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Wow, that sounds amazing.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @boldfinger, it starts shooting early next year, so rumor finally becomes reality in 2017. I've been waiting many years for it, as well. I guess it was a combination of getting the script right and waiting for the proper technology to pull this thing off.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-wick-director-chad-stahelski-tackling-highlander-reboot-949693

Omg if this is true I am pretty sure everyone will love the new highlander daltoncraig can you imagine the sword fights if he directs ?!?!?!
    @Risico007, he's also got that thrilling 'Triple Threat' movie coming out in the future. Can't wait for that to begin filming, I'm sure it'll be just as great as the John Wick series.
    Well I am a huge highlander fan so it's one of those few franchises I want to come back (and since I got macgyver back this past fall and I couldn't be happier) here is hoping Highlander comes back too
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Risico007, he's also got that thrilling 'Triple Threat' movie coming out in the future. Can't wait for that to begin filming, I'm sure it'll be just as great as the John Wick series.

What Triple Threat movie?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,690
    dragonsky wrote: »

Iko Uwais (The Raid) + Tony Jaa (Ong Bak) + Tiger Chen (Man of Taichi) from the director of John Wick.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A bit skeptic about this Highlander reboot, but hope it will be good. Any actor rumours or confirmations yet?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Iko Uwais (The Raid) + Tony Jaa (Ong Bak) + Tiger Chen (Man of Taichi) from the director of John Wick.

I hope I can survive the trailer for this when it drops.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

1st official pic of Terrence Malick's Song to Song.

The cast features Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Rooney Mara, Cate Blanchett, Natalie Portman, Benicio Del Toro, Michael Fassbender, Val Kilmer and Berenice Marlohe.

song-to-song-image-ryan-gosling-michael-fassbender-rooney-mara.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Finally! After four years of being filmed...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hope Berenice has a big part in it. That woman deserves to be a star.
    Agreed!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It's about time! I was growing tired of reading "Untitled Terence Malik Project" on IMDB.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The cast features Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Rooney Mara, Cate Blanchett, Natalie Portman, Benicio Del Toro, Michael Fassbender, Val Kilmer and Berenice Marlohe.
    Incredible! I hope they all have meaty parts because the star power is off the charts.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I just might have to get these:

8hEJWjd.jpg

mGlGfM2.jpg
    bondjames wrote: »
    Incredible! I hope they all have meaty parts because the star power is off the charts.
    I understand that actors learned by now that shooting with Terrence Malick does by no means mean that they will be featured in the movie...

boldfinger wrote: »
    I understand that actors learned by now that shooting with Terrence Malick does by no means mean that they will be featured in the movie...

What are you referencing?

They don't necessarily all appear in his movie. Bale doubts his scenes will be in the film, for example.

They don't necessarily all appear in his movie. Bale doubts his scenes will be in the film, for example.
    That and someone who worked with Malick on The thin red Line, I´m not sure exactly but I think it was Adrien Brody, who was told by Malick he would be one of the lead roles, shot hours of scenes, and then was hardly in the finished film.

• edited January 2017 Posts: 6,844

That and someone who worked with Malick on The thin red Line, I´m not sure exactly but I think it was Adrien Brody, who was told by Malick he would be one of the lead roles, shot hours of scenes, and then was hardly in the finished film.

Never seen the film—must get around to that one day—but weren't there actors who were cut completely out of the finished film? Gary Oldman perhaps?

EDIT: From IMDB...

Billy Bob Thornton recorded a narration for the three-hour-plus epic under the supervision of director Terrence Malick. However, the final print of the film has voice-overs by eight of the main characters in the film; none of the narration from Thornton is in the final print. In addition, several other stars who filmed scenes were left on the cutting-room floor, including Bill Pullman, Gary Oldman, Lukas Haas, Viggo Mortensen, Martin Sheen, Jason Patric, and Mickey Rourke.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That is horrendous direction.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 40,473
    Oh yes, there are countless actors who were all but removed from a Malick film during post, whether they shot for a day or weeks on end. It's not 'horrendous direction,' it's rather well-known by actors when working with someone such as Malick. It's merely a risk they have to take, it's not like they aren't getting paid for their work still.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Haha! I love it already! :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, Baywatch really gives off the same vibe of the tv show, but with a bit more humour & bucks thrown in. You can't go wrong with sun, bikinis, babes and sand imho. It's a winning combination.