FANTASTILICIOUS FUN FOR FILM FANS 089: your top 10's of 2020 and most anticipated films of 2021?

Comments

boldfinger wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I re-watched The Rock yesterday. Still a solid movie though I must admit that Cage at times overstays his welcome. Some of his line delivery is cringe-worthy.
    "NOW LET'S GO FIND SOME RAWKETS!!!" is probably his worst line in the entire film.
    Oh come on, Cage is a living peace of art, how can you be so rude!

;-)

"Do you like the Elton John song Rocket Man?" "I only ask because... it's you. You're the Rocket man!"

"Pig tails are naugh-ty!"

There are just some horrible lines in that film. I imagine Connery probably wanted to say "But of course you are" to all of them.
    Horrible lines are the best means to prove an actor´s true craftsmanship. Especially in Cage´s case.

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited January 2015 Posts: 7,314
    Bad Boys and The Rock are a lot of fun with the caveat of having a few less than intelligent moments. Perhaps they are guilty pleasures or maybe I was just at the right age at the right time but they do not bother me. Everything else on the list I either haven't seen, watched for five minutes in disgust or have gone out of my way not to see.

The Transformers "movies" really disturb me. I have an absolute disconnect with it as I enjoyed the 80's cartoon but cannot for the life of me grasp how anyone can be entertained by this assault on the senses. Perhaps now I know how my parents felt. I am bit intrigued by The Island of which I have heard decent things about.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    pachazo wrote: »
    I am bit intrigued by The Island of which I have heard decent things about.
    It was worth a rental. Sort of derivative though.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    <center><font color=#E9AB17 size=6><b>042
    </b>What's your favourite scary movie?</font>
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    All the horror films that I have seen, which is more than I care to count, and the one that I think is still genuinely creepy...

500px-Poster-omen1976.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Laughably: Scary Movie 4.
    Seriously: Day of the Dead. The Original, that is.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited January 2015 Posts: 45,489
    ANGEL HEART (1987)
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,635
    Excellent choice, @MajorDSmythe.

I find it almost impossible to answer the question - which makes it all the more silly that I ask it. ;-) However, if I must choose, it's one of these:

- Invasion Of The Body Snatchers ('78)
    - Ju-On: The Grudge
    - House Of The Devil
    - The Exorcist
    - The Descent

@Agent007391

That is a very interesting choice, sir. Most fans of Romero's films will cite Night or Dawn but almost never Day. I mostly like Bwab in that film. ;-)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The Rock
    Bad Boys
    The Island
    Armageddon
    The Transformers Dark of the Moon
    Transformers
    Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

The Rock is way ahead of the other stuff IMO.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited January 2015 Posts: 7,854
    bondjames wrote: »
    The Rock
    Bad Boys
    The Island
    Armageddon
    The Transformers Dark of the Moon
    Transformers
    Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

The Rock is way ahead of the other stuff IMO.

These are wonderful horror films.
    @Agent007391

That is a very interesting choice, sir. Most fans of Romero's films will cite Night or Dawn but almost never Day. I mostly like Bwab in that film. ;-)

I love Night, and I love Dawn, but I just have to pick Day. It's the tightest film in the trilogy, the best paced, the best cast. There's nothing wrong with Day, while I feel that Night and Dawn, great films though they may be, do have some flaws that detract from the greatness.
    John Carpenters The Thing is my all time favorite scary movie
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Die Another....

Nah, too easy

Have you ever seen Eden Lake? Probably the most frightening realistic scary movie I seen. The amount of time I ran into feral chavs, makes this a truly scaring film! It could happen people!
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 5,767
    ANGEL HEART (1987)
    Just when I was going to say I don´t watch scary movies.

If I did I´d prefer John Carpenter ones, besides the above.

The Shining
    The Gorgon (1963)
    The Ring (2002)
    The Legend Of Hell House for subtly and lastingly disturbing; Alien for in-your-face scary.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    We recently watched The Babadook which was pretty brilliant, if not extremely scary. Other more modern Horror movies that I've seen recently and enjoyed, were Woman in Black and Oculus (I'll think twice for the rest of my life before biting into an apple, that's for sure). A lot of the classics have already been mentioned!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I honestly do not like scary movies. At all, really. I don't like horror or slasher films in the slightest. So I will simply say, The Shining. A great film. And creep, scary enough.
  • The Haunting (1963) is probably my favorite.

Apart from that... Repulsion, Night of The Living Dead, Les Yeux Sans Visage, The Innocents, Suspiria, The Descent, etc. That part in the original Frankenstein when the monster creeps up on the bride used to scare me a lot as well, but it's been copied too much over the years.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Halloween (the original)

The Shining

Psycho

Night Of The Living Dead (both the original, and 1990 remake)

The Ring

The Conjuring

The Woman In Black

V/H/S 1 and 2

Perfect choices, all! @SuzanneStone, glad to meet someone who knows and enjoys Les Yeux and Suspiria!! :-) I'm thrilled.
    <center><font color=#E9AB17 size=6><b>043
    </b>What's your favourite Natalie Portman performance?</font>
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,336
    Leon the proffesional
    "He's also my lover" lol
    Hands down V For Vendetta- a tour de force.
    For me, it'll always be this:

Natalie-Portman-in-Leon-the-Professional.jpeg

Natalie was really young when she starred in Léon / The Professional but she gave it her best. She was cute, vulnerable and powerful at the same time. She played opposite Jean Reno, Gary Oldman and Danny Aiello, yet she stole every scene she was in. I fell in love with her back then - I'm one year younger so back off ;-) - and have been following her career with some interest since.
    I have to split my decision between V for Vendetta and The Professional. She was excellent in both film.
    I fell in love with her back then - I'm one year younger so back off ;-) - and have been following her career with some interest since.
    She grew up just south of me on Long Island, and a while back I bumped into someone went to High School with her who told me all the nasty dirt on Natalie, wanna hear it?
    There is none, she was a straight arrow. Everyone liked her.
    :))
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    As Evey Hammond in V For Vendetta. One of my personal favorites.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I've only seen 3. If I had to pick one, i'd go with Anne Boleyn in The Other Boleyn Girl.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Leon the Professional.