Each actor - Their worst and best line delivery

1235»

Comments

mtm wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I haven't had the time to think through all of them yet, but I think my least favorite from Craig has to be "that all sounds lovely" from SP when talking to C. I hate that.

Oh really? I like that one! :)

For me, that line + delivery epitomizes everything I don't like about his SP performance. It appears to me he's always trying too hard to be light, silly like his predecessor Bonds, but it seldom works that well for him. The humor at least got a little more natural in NTTD, and he scaled it back a lot with more intense moments.
    Dalton
    Worst: Ok, so I know I am bending the rules, as they aren't line deliveries, but but I have to pick the odd sideways glances that Dalton does after delivering some of the one liners.

It's so funny you say this because my favourite of Moore's "funny" moments is a similar glance he makes before the "Egyptian builders" quip in TSWLM, as if he's disappointed that no one is around to hear him say it. I was just thinking about that scene recently and about how Dalton, for as much as he could have pulled such a thing off in a film like Hot Fuzz or The Rocketeer, couldn't really do so as Bond as he would have been fighting against his own performance.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited November 2021 Posts: 2,055
    Craig
    You need to ask yourself some questions. MI6 and the CIA, chasing after the same man, not working together, thats.... not guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud

(I may not be remembering that 100%)
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited November 2021 Posts: 2,923
    Not sure Brosnan could do an Irish accent if he trained for it. Mind you, did you ever hear Craig's attempt at a Scottish accent in The Ice House? :-S What's that? Dan's not Scottish but Pierce actually IS Irish? Yeah, there is that...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    mtm wrote: »
    I haven't had the time to think through all of them yet, but I think my least favorite from Craig has to be "that all sounds lovely" from SP when talking to C. I hate that.

Oh really? I like that one! :)

For me, that line + delivery epitomizes everything I don't like about his SP performance. It appears to me he's always trying too hard to be light, silly like his predecessor Bonds, but it seldom works that well for him. The humor at least got a little more natural in NTTD, and he scaled it back a lot with more intense moments.

I'm with you, @FoxRox .... I found that Craig came off as an unlikable dick in Spectre in those "lighter" moments.

I've always found Craig-Bond to be quietly humorous in the other films prior to Spectre... Dunno why they thought they needed to lighten him up? His humour is of the more subtle variety and I'm glad there was a return to form in NTTD in this regard.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    peter wrote: »
    I've always found Craig-Bond to be quietly humorous in the other films prior to Spectre... Dunno why they thought they needed to lighten him up? His humour is of the more subtle variety and I'm glad there was a return to form in NTTD in this regard.
    Agreed. Craig didn't need obvious scripted gags and neither did his films. Got in some deep water, indeed. The humour in CR and QOS was exactly right for him.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,727
    Venutius wrote: »
    Agreed. Craig didn't need obvious scripted gags and neither did his films. Got in some deep water, indeed. The humour in CR and QOS was exactly right for him.

Those who claim Dan didn't have comedic timing or couldn't deliver the amusing lines just haven't paid attention.
    DC's one liners and humour were simply more subtle, less obvious forms of humour, not necessarily laugh out loud, but utterly effective for his take on 007:

QoS upon being asked in accent-heavy South Amercian Spanish to open the boot/trunk of the Landrover where a near-dead ****** was bundled into:
    "Now why would you want me to do that..?"

CR, upon Vesper's appearance in response to "I'm the Money."
    "...every penny of it!" :D
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Venutius wrote: »

I really like Craig’s humour because its more in line with my own, i.e. a bit dark humour, understated and sometimes ironic, rather than outright one liners or silly remarks
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Mallory wrote: »
    Craig
    You need to ask yourself some questions. MI6 and the CIA, chasing after the same man, not working together, thats.... not guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud

(I may not be remembering that 100%)

:))
    I think it’s “not talking to each other” but otherwise seems right. It is a weird delivery for sure.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Connery
    Best: "Tell me, which lunatic asylum did they get you out of?"
    Worst: "AKI!!!!"
    Lazenby
    Best: "I love you. I know I'll never find another girl like you. Will you marry me?"
    Worst: "Hullo, my name is Bond, James Bond"
    Moore
    Best: "You left this with Ferrara, I believe..."
    Worst: "Now promise you'll stay right there, I shan't be long"
    Dalton
    Best: "Tell M what you like. He he fires me I'll thank him for it..."
    Worst: "DELLA!!!"
    Brosnan
    Best: "Tip for your friend, the French registration for this year's model starts with the letter L. Even the counterfeit ones..."
    Worst: "It's what keeps me alive..."
    Craig
    Best: "I won't consider myself in trouble until I start weeping blood..."
    Worst: "well, that all sounds lovely.."