Vroom Vroom. The Car, Other vehicles and Motorsports thread

2»

Comments

A Ferrari 250 GTO Berlinetta failed to claim the title of world’s most expensive car after selling for $40.9 million in California, an international auction record.

The 1962 red two-seat coupe was estimated to sell for up to $80 million at the Bonhams auction in Carmel, according to Michigan-based insurer and classic car database Hagerty Group.

What a Beautiful car.

1408074315207.jpg-620x349.jpg
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Oh yes, that´s a nice one.

001 wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    16, 17, what does it matter if he´s got the chance to give it a go at the F1. Amazing. I wish him good luck and a solid character.

He's too inexperienced to race in F1 next year in my opinion.
    He should be a test driver for at least 1 year before racing with the big boys.
    F1 cars are so much more powerful than the cars he's driving at the moment.......
    Good point...

2015 Mercedes-AMG GT. Nice looking GT.Silver ,yellow or red??????
    top speed ~310 kph / 192.51 mph
    0 - 100 kph ~3.8 seconds

Read more at http://www.supercars.net/cars/6442.html#SYsbHMLrkrzQzdJ4.99

2015_MercedesAMG_GT-0-1024.jpg

2015_MercedesAMG_GT-1-1024.jpg

2015_MercedesAMG_GT-2-1024.jpg

2015_MercedesAMG_GT-3-1024.jpg

2015_MercedesAMG_GT-11-1024.jpg

2015_MercedesAMG_GT-12-1024.jpg
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Mercedes design is becoming ever more interesting after several stale years. This one looks really good, with hints of the Dodge Viper and Jaguar E-type. Other manufacturers should take note.
  • http://telly.com/U7HY2 Aston Martin - Nobody Does it Better
    New lexus rc.
    The front styling looks awful.

2015-Lexus-RC-F-1.jpg

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    BzL1ASvCIAE1mx0.jpg

#PrayForJules #KeepFightingMichael
    2015 Mercedes-AMG GT. Nice looking GT.Silver ,yellow or red??????
    top speed ~310 kph / 192.51 mph
    0 - 100 kph ~3.8 seconds
    Not so keen on it, I prefer one of the older models, just can´t find which one it was right now.
    But on the silver one the red brakes go very well with the tail lights.
    New lexus rc.
    The front styling looks awful.
    It reminds me of one of those horribly gone wrong dresses some actresses wear for the Oscars.

Remember when the Top Gear team almost got lynched in Alabama ? Well, they've done it again :

theguardian.com/media/2014/oct/03/top-gear-argentina-jeremy-clarkson-bbc

Frankly, one day, one of those stupid stunts is going to end very badly. And nobody will be laughing.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Remember when the Top Gear team almost got lynched in Alabama ? Well, they've done it again :

Frankly, one day, one of those stupid stunts is going to end very badly. And nobody will be laughing.

Those morons at the Daily Mail & the Sun will be laughing like the bunch of hyanas that they are.

• I think the Argentinians have acted disgracefully i'm not saying they shouldn't have been upset by the Porsche's number plate (if they made the connection) but they put peoples lives in danger and 2 people were injured, then the government had the sheer cheek to applaud the mob. there is no doubt in my mind this was attempted murder.
    A TG special is essentially a 60 minute tourism advert and have probably done wonders for the likes of Botswana,Vietnam etc and instead of embracing it the Argentinians organised a lynch mob (because of a f*cking number plate ) , they've well and truly blown the chance of a much needed tourism boost and they deserve it .

i don't think this was because of the 928's number plate i think the argies were setting them up from the moment they let them into the country.

one more thing, we've heard from James and Jeremy but nothing so far from Richard i genuinely hope he's OK, no doubt he'll tweet something or give an interview when the time is right for him.

It's not Top Gear's fault the Argentinians (some of them) are clearly a bunch of lunatics, they make the rednecks in Alabama look tame!!
    BzL1ASvCIAE1mx0.jpg

#PrayForJules #KeepFightingMichael

Jules accident should never had happened.
    They should have stopped the race when there was a tractor on the side of the track in such wet conditions.

Jeremy Clarkson is not normal :) And the producers of the show should have known better.

That 928 still looks great. It's one of the best looking cars ever....

Jeremy Clarkson is not normal :) And the producers of the show should have known better.

• they were looking for a specific 928 (the GT version) already a rare car (only 50 in the UK) but Jeremy wanted one in right hand drive with a manual gearbox (even rarer ) when they were looking they could only find two one of which was in better shape than the other one which is the one the bought .
    they found one Mustang that was in good condition ,two lotuses one of which was a non runner, so they bought the red one.
    you have to remember that all 3 of these cars are very rare in this country there aren't many for sale at any one time so they wouldn't have had much choice.
    Just found it for another thread, but this belongs here. A little rough around the edges, but the sheerbeauty underneath is visible:

Velho-BMW-Concept.jpg

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I hope that wherever Michael Schumacher is and in what condition he' in, he saw the results of today's F1 race and smiled. I never felt so proud to be a Ferrari fan.
    Michael Schumacher is probably prouder that vettel won in a Ferrari than that Ferrari won again.

The red bulls are no where near winning a race this year.
    Guess how much this ugly Ferrari sold for?

1962 Ferrari 400 Superamerica SWB Cabriolet 3309 SA - sold for :you won't believe it...

http://www.supercars.net/Pics?viewPic=y&source=gal&uID=119513&gID=3227&pgID=1&pID=1102571&first=true
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    That's got to be the closest thing to an MGB that Ferrari has ever made !.
    Wow, that design is so weird it´s interesting again.
    Sunday morning, I went to Leroy Merlin (think of it as one of the french version of Home Depot) to get some info on a bookcase I want to buy, and guess what I saw on the parking lot ? This :

67-mustang-gta_7r02a-3ee2c07.jpg

I stayed five good minutes with my mouth open, drooling. Now, that's a classy chassis if there ever was one. If that car was a woman, it would have been Ann Margret.
    I don't think that the yanks have ever made a better looking car than the Mustang.
    Nothing to add to that, @Mrcoggins.
    It´s a shame that they screwed up the back part of the new ones.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 15,690
    And it has happened again - former Formula 1 driver Justin Wilson is in a coma after a dramatic accident in an Indycar race yesterday. His status is critical.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/motorsport/34037413
    Sunday morning, I went to Leroy Merlin (think of it as one of the french version of Home Depot) to get some info on a bookcase I want to buy, and guess what I saw on the parking lot ? This :

67-mustang-gta_7r02a-3ee2c07.jpg

I stayed five good minutes with my mouth open, drooling. Now, that's a classy chassis if there ever was one. If that car was a woman, it would have been Ann Margret.

What a beautiful sight that is!! :-O
    Sad to say Justin Wilson has passed away after being injured at the weekend RIP.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    A close look at the DB11;

A good video, but at the beginning he seems unaware of the existence of the DB10.