Which Villain's Quote Upset You the Most?

edited May 2014 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,280
"Hahaha....looks like you lost another one"-Dominic Greene. When Bond pulls him up after saying this it looks like a class act especially because Bond thinks Camille is dead.

Which villain said something you thought was below the belt to Bond?

Comments

You picked a good one... that's probably what I would say too. There's been several negative comments from the villain to Bond, like the "stupid policeman" line by Dr. No, but I'd say Greene's was the most classless and upsetting. What a jerk...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think Greene's probably one of the worst when it comes to below-the-belt quotes. I think it's also terrible when he compares Bond and Camille as "damaged goods" and then trashes Vesper by saying "Everything that he touches seems to wither and die."
    From the same movie, Col. Medrano's "In the room" to the poor serving girl. Knowing what we kno about that piece of trash, it's quite chilling.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    "We gave her a nice honeymooooooon"

I gather this was an ad lib improvisation by Benecio Del Toro. It worked.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Tokoloshe wrote:
    "We gave her a nice honeymooooooon"

I gather this was an ad lib improvisation by Benecio Del Toro. It worked.

Yes, very creepy is that one.
    Kananaga: "What should we drink to the future? Solitaire used to be good at predicting the future. She was especially good at predicting death."

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The best? It's when no lines were spoken at all. I give you Largo, having his henchman tossed into the pool of sharks, walking away as if life couldn't be better and slowly kissing his ring while the screams of a condemned man ascend from blood coloured water. Delicious.

Mr. Kidd: Mrs. Whistler DID want some pictures of the canals for the children.
    Mr. Wint: How kind of you Mr. Kidd. The children will be so thrilled!

Yet another gem from DAF.
  • RC7RC7
    Mr. Kidd: Mrs. Whistler DID want some pictures of the canals for the children.
    Mr. Wint: How kind of you Mr. Kidd. The children will be so thrilled!

Yet another gem from DAF.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

• FoxRox wrote:
    You picked a good one... that's probably what I would say too. There's been several negative comments from the villain to Bond, like the "stupid policeman" line by Dr. No, but I'd say Greene's was the most classless and upsetting. What a jerk...

That was a very effective scene in showing how direct the villain continues Bind and Camille's grief.

How about Alec telling Bond off in the yard full of statutes?
    @dramaticscenesofQOS, that is really good, seeing Trevelyan berating him for all of his failures.
    @dramaticscenesofQOS and @Creasy47

That scene did come to mind; it's also one of my favorite scenes from the Bond series. It's gloomy and remorseful, and just one of the more powerful talking scenes for me. Definitely a wonderful part that slowed down some of the still-awesome action; GE rules!
    FoxRox wrote:
    @dramaticscenesofQOS and @Creasy47

That scene did come to mind; it's also one of my favorite scenes from the Bond series. It's gloomy and remorseful, and just one of the more powerful talking scenes for me. Definitely a wonderful part that slowed down some of the still-awesome action; GE rules!

Amen! Very well said.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited May 2014 Posts: 17,691
    Upsetting? I expect nasty stuff from nasty men in Bond films, but *this* hurt just a bit too much:
    "I might as well ask you if all those vodka martinis ever silence the screams of all the men you've killed... or if you find forgiveness in the arms of all those willing women for all the dead ones you failed to protect."

It might be why I rate this film so ridiculously highly.
    That line is just damn perfection. So well stated and so bloody cold.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That line is just damn perfection. So well stated and so bloody cold.
    Far from feel-good fun. One of the finest lines from one of the finest villains in the entire series IMHO.
    Alec is definitely one of my favorite villains in the series; a guaranteed Top 5 spot probably forever in my list.
    @chrisisall, I'm right there with you. Extremely intense scene, that one.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I like fun Bond movies, but I *love* Bond movies that make me uncomfortable in some way.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I like fun Bond movies, but I *love* Bond movies that make me uncomfortable in some way.

You and I both, especially the ones that no matter how many times you watch them and love them, they still keep you on edge or make you uncomfortable with certain scenes.
    "He disagreed with something that ate him"
    Not funny for a goddamned moment, but brilliant nonetheless.
    The quotes that really hit home for Bond or another character are the ones that are the most upsetting, the ones that reallllllly make you crave watching Bond stab the villain to death with a pencil.

"Ah well, mother's calling. I will give her a good-bye kiss for you."

Bond knows that he can't beat Silva to M, and he HAS to take out this goon and race back to save her life.
    We love the dark stuff.
    We take these things so seriously.
    I think we need therapy. =))
    chrisisall wrote:
    We love the dark stuff.
    We take these things so seriously.
    I think we need therapy. =))

Not so sure; most people I know seem to enjoy dark stuff. I think it's just natural, as it appears to a darker side in us that we don't let out as often.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of us crave the grim and dark and we just don't admit it enough. It's one of those unspoken, hush-hush things, just like most people would rather read a newspaper about a mass shooting than they would a new bill being passed or some random sports team that won the night before.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    chrisisall wrote:
    Upsetting? I expect nasty stuff from nasty men in Bond films, but *this* hurt just a bit too much:
    "I might as well ask you if all those vodka martinis ever silence the screams of all the men you've killed... or if you find forgiveness in the arms of all those willing women for all the dead ones you failed to protect."

Yep, that's the one. GE had such a sharp script... it always irked me that they went back to 'family friendly' scripts after GE's

chrisisall wrote:

That is one of the best lines of the whole series of films...

chrisisall wrote:

Bond always comes out on the short end of the rhetorical stick in GE. One of the very few things I don't love about that film.

chrisisall wrote:
    "He disagreed with something that ate him"
    Not funny for a goddamned moment, but brilliant nonetheless.

Cut and pasted from Fleming.

Elektra: "You couldn't kill me. Not in cold blood!"

Grrrrrr. Elektra is so bloody obnoxious.