TV CHARACTERS WE WANT TO DIE

2»

Comments

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Murdock wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    The entire cast of Family Guy and American Dad, except for Brian and Patrick Stewart. ;)

Fixed. ;)

That was an outstanding fix if I do say so.

And I do say so.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    M_Balje wrote:
    CSI Las Veas: The doctor, Nick and Sara are found death.

Don't you dare, dear Balje. Doc Robbins are Nicky are two of my favorite characters. However, if you want to kill Greg, Hodges or any the newer ones, sans DB and Brass, then fine by me. I do wish Grissom would make a cameo tho....

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    edited May 2014 Posts: 2,667
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Tokoloshe wrote:
    For the record, I thought the ending of Dexter was pretty much perfect and the only way it could have ended that would have made any sense.

Why is that the only way the ending would've made sense?

Potential endings in which Dexter is caught and either killed or imprisoned would mean having just another series exactly the same as all the others with the tension of "will he be found out?", only for a minor difference in that he's finally discovered, caught and that's it, all done, we can all go to sleep now. No potential happiness for young Harrison as he's handed over to social services and spends the rest of his life in care, no redemption for Debra who has thrown everything away for nothing and has to live the rest of her days as "that serial killer's sister".

Dexter realised that he couldn't escape his need to kill no matter how hard he tried and that it always ended up hurting those around him; Debra's death and the manner in which it happened is the ultimate proof of that. If he carried on raising Harrison then inevitably his life too would be destroyed sooner or later. Handing him over to Hannah wasn't perfect but at least it gave them a chance in Argentina.

Dexter himself tries to commit suicide but when that fails he takes the only possible option, a self-imposed exile from society. He is in prison as the series ends, but it's one he has chosen as the only way he can continue to exist - a lifetime of loneliness and misery away from the only people he has ever cared about. You can see all of this in those final moments and from his expression as he looks into the camera for the last time. He has done the right thing for his son, but at cost to himself that is worse than any imprisonment or death penalty.
    I never watched Dexter and had no interest in it. I heard good things about it but I just can't get past seeing that lead actor as anything but the character he played in "Six feet Under".

What has my comment got to do with this thread? Not a damned thing but WTH? :)[img][/img]
    Jan Brady- what a nuisance!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:
    Jan Brady- what a nuisance!

@00Beast, with my name you have no idea how many times I have been picked at during my life with Brady Bunch related puns. I now hate the show out of spite.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Kenny in South Park. So annoying, just kill him already.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2014 Posts: 17,891

That is sublimely brilliant, sir. I doff my top hat to your evident superiority as a scholar and humourist.

You Bastard!

They did kill him off permanently at one point because they were sick of killing him off every episode but eventually bought him back a few seasons later. They don't kill him off much any more which I think is a shame.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

They did kill him off permanently at one point because they were sick of killing him off every episode but eventually bought him back a few seasons later. They don't kill him off much any more which I think is a shame.

Is there much point in "killing him off" if he will only return again by popular demand?!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote:

Is there much point in "killing him off" if he will only return again by popular demand?!

And this is why I've stopped caring about current-day comic books.
    Dragonpol wrote:

I don't mean permanently, I mean kill him every episode or two, like they used to. He hardly ever dies now.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dragonpol wrote:
    That is sublimely brilliant, sir. I doff my top hat to your evident superiority as a scholar and humourist.

We all know that.

You Bastard!

Old news as well.

;)
    I want to add to my list a loathsome character from "Mad Men"
    How's about Peter Campbell?

This geeky little a-hole has been on the show from the start and he just has the face and demeanor that makes you want to rearrance that geeky looking face of his. He cheats on his lovely and rich wife (she's finally divorcing the bastard this season), he carries a lot of clout in the office (I don't know why) and he always seems to get laid. I can't imagine what any woman would see in this worthless piece of dog turd.
    So to Peter Campbell on Mad Men

DIE MOTHER FRAKER, DIE MOTHER FRAKER.
    @OHMSS69 - poor Vincent Kartheiser. He was almost universally loathed as Angel's son, as well ;-)